Anyone else unable to use Polished Battle-Stones on Draenor?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Warstar
Pet Score:13000
Realm:Ysera-us
Anyone else unable to use Polished Battle-Stones on Draenor?

Post by Warstar » November 13th, 2014, 4:52 pm

I have been unable to use Polished Battle-Stones on any of my captured Draenor wild pets (i.e. Parched Lizard).

Is this intended or is it just broken (like the servers? :D)

Thupid
Top Rater
Pet Score:9552
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Re: Anyone else unable to use Polished Battle-Stones on Drae

Post by Thupid » November 13th, 2014, 6:23 pm

I was unable to upgrade a grey pet with a green stone, got some wierd error message.

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » November 13th, 2014, 7:40 pm

To my knowledge, it's been broken since 6.0.2 dropped.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 14th, 2014, 9:14 am

I was able to use a stone after launch, in Draenor - but the stone I got was a drop from the first wild pet battle that I did in Draenor, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I haven't had time to go back to my bank to pick up the rest of my stones to upgrade my new wild pets, so I cannot answer to that.

I'm actually not sure I'll get around to that kind of business until I'm 100. :)

Elfheaven
Pet Score:11032
Realm:Quel'Thalas-eu

Post by Elfheaven » November 14th, 2014, 10:49 am

I can also confirmed that the polished battle stones are blimmin useless, i tried for hours trying to get a rat snake rare or green , in the end i went for the better breed thinking i could stone it.
I went bk to my bank and found i couldnt stone it...or a Hare from Hinterlands. Got an error message saying wrong pet type!!
If they are no good, we should at the very least be able to trade say 10 for a flawless stone.
Happy gathering people!!

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » November 14th, 2014, 11:52 am

Chibimage wrote:I was able to use a stone after launch, in Draenor - but the stone I got was a drop from the first wild pet battle that I did in Draenor, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I haven't had time to go back to my bank to pick up the rest of my stones to upgrade my new wild pets, so I cannot answer to that.

I'm actually not sure I'll get around to that kind of business until I'm 100. :)

Was it a Polished Battle-Stone, the one that upgrades a pet to Uncommon quality, or a Flawless Battle-Stone (boe or family time), the ones that upgrade pets to Rare quality?

To the best of my knowledge the Polished Battle-Stones (uncommon upgrade) haven't been working since 6.0.2 on any pet of any type or quality. The Flawless stones however, both BoE and family specific ones, continue to work just fine.
@TamerWakamaru

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 14th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Oh whoops, it was a flawless battle-stone!

Jexii
MVP
Pet Score:13511
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Jexii » November 14th, 2014, 1:46 pm

I haven't tried polished or flawless stones yet, but I can confirm that I upgraded several pets that I captured in Draenor with the class specific stones just yesterday.

Thupid
Top Rater
Pet Score:9552
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Thupid » November 14th, 2014, 6:02 pm

It seems it's just the green stones are not working at the moment, hope they fix this soon.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 14th, 2015, 8:43 pm

It seems that Blizzard is finally getting around to fixing the issue with Polished Battle-Stones. :)

"Hey all, hang on to those stones! We were able to investigate this issue and we have a fix coming in Patch 6.1."
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15142314108#13
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 15th, 2015, 6:04 am

Looks like these stones finally crossed the line between almost-completely-useless and completely-useless. ;)

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » January 16th, 2015, 12:06 am

Figures they announce they have a fix just after I destroyed 4 stacks of them to free up bag space....

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 16th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Mastr wrote:Figures they announce they have a fix just after I destroyed 4 stacks of them to free up bag space....
Look at it this way, they just saved you from having to manually summon 80 pets, target them, right click on the stone to make them uncommon, and THEN do it all over again when you acquire the rare-version stones. Blizzard just saved you hundreds of mouse clicking operations! :twisted:

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » January 16th, 2015, 1:49 pm

You can always use the undelete feature to get them back but they really are kind useless. Mostly since we all want rare.

Wakamaru
MVP

Post by Wakamaru » February 15th, 2015, 7:39 pm

I know this is an old thread - but... I was cleaning out my bank today and saw the Polished Battle-Stones and thought I'd see if they were working again yet (have some random alt. breeds / alt. colored pets I picked up but hadn't upgraded yet). Apparently they are working on Critter-Type pets, but no other pet families. So I upgraded the 3 poor quality alt. critters I had with them. *shrug*

I know the stones are about useless and I don't know if this will help anyone... but I figured I'd share just in case.
@TamerWakamaru

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » February 15th, 2015, 7:48 pm

It'd be nice if they let you trade in 10 or so of these darn things for a rare quality stone. I'm not sure anyone wants an uncommon upgrade and I've got stacks and stacks of these x.x

Wakamaru
MVP

Post by Wakamaru » February 15th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Taerie wrote:It'd be nice if they let you trade in 10 or so of these darn things for a rare quality stone. I'm not sure anyone wants an uncommon upgrade and I've got stacks and stacks of these x.x
I agree with you there. The only reason I bothered is because I had those alternate skin/breed pets I was hanging on to. I have way too many of these useless green stones in the bank. I'd delete them but I keep hoping they'll add some sort of additional use to them (like you suggested).
@TamerWakamaru