Stepped away from wow I have a few questions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tinkerill
Pet Score:2119
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us
Stepped away from wow I have a few questions

Post by Tinkerill » November 9th, 2014, 11:19 am

Like in the title I stepped away from WoW for 2 years. I have now comeback due to a friend being very forceful in getting myself and the wife to play. LOL. I used to collect pets and battle in the open world. Now I am overwhelmed what is this P/P and S/S I have been seeing in comments and such. I am also curious is there anything new I need to know.

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer.
Tinkerill
azjol-nerub

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Re: Stepped away from wow I have a few questions

Post by Hermy » November 9th, 2014, 11:36 am

Hello, and welcome back!

Battle pets come in different breeds, so when you see P/P etc. that's referring to the breed. Different breeds favour different stats, power, health, speed, so different breeds can be more desirable in certain battle pets.

There is much to learn about battle pets - but it's also so much fun! :D

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 9th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Pets have stats distributed in 3 categories: health, power and speed.

P means points in power, S speed, H health, and B balanced. So P/P has double share of points in Power. P/B gets an alotment of points in Power and the rest are evnenly distributed between Health and Speed. P/S gets a share in Power and a share in Speed evenly. B/B is even between all 3 stats.

There's a thread somewhere on how this works exactly. Different pets have different base points and the breed (S/S etc) tell you how the rest of the points are distributed.

So you and a friend could have the same quality rabbit, for example, and one be much faster than the other, or more powerful etc. People differ on which breed is best for which pets.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 9th, 2014, 1:51 pm

This site is great for seeing what breed the pets in your collection are. To see breeds in game I recommend the addon "Battle Pet Breed ID" which will show a pet's breed when you mouse-over it.

Sandrazzley
Pet Score:1127
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sandrazzley » November 9th, 2014, 8:39 pm

I wondered about this as well. To be honest, I really just worry about if they're rare and then leveling them. I don;t do much pvp battling.

I was going to suggest adding this to the FAQ but I see it's covered in one of the guides already:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/breeds/

Tinkerill
Pet Score:2119
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Tinkerill » November 9th, 2014, 9:43 pm

wow thank you all for the help. This has got to be the nicest community in wow. If anyone is on the azjol-nerub server me and the wife are always looking for nice people to play and chat with. feel free to look me up.

Tinkerill

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » November 10th, 2014, 3:12 am

Tinkerill wrote:wow thank you all for the help. This has got to be the nicest community in wow.
Tinkerill
it absolutely is - makes a very pleasant change from the official forums tone