MoP raid pets once WoD comes?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jagwyr
Pet Score:6313
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us
MoP raid pets once WoD comes?

Post by Jagwyr » November 6th, 2014, 10:00 pm

I super apologize if this is a silly question or has been answered here already.. I've done some poking around but haven't been able to turn up a clear answer so far.

Anyone know what will happen with the availability of MoP raid pets (from ToT, SoO) once WoD comes? With the changes in how raids/raid sizes work, I'm pretty confused... will these raids be available to run on LFR once the xpac comes, or is LFR still only for "current" content raids? Will it be possible to run these raids with a small group of friends at level 100 the way we can current run ICC/Firelands/Etc., and if so, will the pets still drop?

I'm basically wondering if I can hold off trying to get these pets until I'm level 100 and can farm for them with friends, or whether I should be panicking trying to get them now because they won't drop anymore... does anybody know, or has this info even been released? THANK YOU if anyone can clarify! :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: MoP raid pets once WoD comes?

Post by Peanutty » November 6th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Jagwyr wrote:will these raids be available to run on LFR once the xpac comes, or is LFR still only for "current" content raids? Will it be possible to run these raids with a small group of friends at level 100 the way we can current run ICC/Firelands/Etc., and if so, will the pets still drop?
You will be able to queue into the LFR MoP raids via NPCs above Mogu'shan Palace (where the Lorewalkers are... I completely blanked on what that little area is called). There's NPCs there already for queuing solo, though you need to be level 91 for it so they won't queue you right now. You can solo queue or queue with a group of friends if you want. Or if you prefer doing normal version MoP raids, you can simply walk in solo or with a small group.

Keep in mind the LFR versions will still be tuned for 25 man groups, so in some cases normal version raids may actually be a lot easier for soloing.

And yes the pets should still drop.
Last edited by Peanutty on November 6th, 2014, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwyr
Pet Score:6313
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Jagwyr » November 6th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Awesome, thank you Peanutty! :)

Tonkzilla
Pet Score:2742
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Tonkzilla » November 26th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Glad I found this post! Was just wondering about this today as I was debating buying a Pygmy Direhorn off the AH. For clarification, a lot of MoP raid drop pets say they only drop in the LFR version... does anyone know if this has changed with WoD so we can just farm Normal for them? The easier the better as far as I'm concerned, but I'm glad to hear they have implemented a way to get into LFR for people soloing at 100 if not!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 26th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Pretty sure its unchanged. The Living Fluid only drops in LFR. Think the Gooey Shaling was always LFR/Flex though so only the fluid is LFR exclusive.

Tonkzilla
Pet Score:2742
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Tonkzilla » November 26th, 2014, 2:26 pm

I wasn't playing for most of Cata and MoP so the new raid levels really confuse me. From what I can see on this site Pygmy Direhorn and Ji-Kun are also listed as "LFR only" so I am guessing I cannot get them on Normal then? Sorry for the reiteration, just really confused. lol

EDIT: oops I take that back, I misread and they do drop in all versions ahhh sorryyyy.