Did they make rare pets more rare?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Did they make rare pets more rare?

Post by Abashera » November 4th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Just what the title says.

I've been away from pet battling for about a year while I concentrated on mounts and raiding.

Now today I'm trying to find a S/S Nether Faerie Dragon. I've been at it for a few hours and I haven't seen one single rare of any breed. But I have seen rare secondary pets.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Re: Did they make rare pets more rare?

Post by Dolz » November 4th, 2014, 3:49 pm

I got mine a year ago and it took a while for me to get a rare. It might just the RNG gods smiting you. Try sacrificing an irrational number to them. :D

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » November 4th, 2014, 6:49 pm

About an hour after I posted this I found three rares in a row. Of course none of them were S/S.

I already had a rare P/P. And I just caught an uncommon S/S, but I'm determined to go back and find the rare.

I "rarely" ever use a stone on a pet I can hunt down rare, it's kind of a challenge. :D

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 5th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Abashera wrote:About an hour after I posted this I found three rares in a row. Of course none of them were S/S.
I already had a rare P/P. And I just caught an uncommon S/S, but I'm determined to go back and find the rare.
I "rarely" ever use a stone on a pet I can hunt down rare, it's kind of a challenge. :D
Right there with you, I finally caught rares of my last 2 the other day (snowshoe hare and moccasin), it took days of flying around the swamp and hilsbrad off and on, but it saved me 2 stones. The one thing I missed out on by taking 8 months off, I don't have a pile of stones to use (and I am refusing to convert 3:1 on the stones I do have until after WoD is out and I see how much of a pain it is to get rares there - like are some of the pets in the middle of aggressive lvl 100 mobs...).