Am I the only one to have lost pets with the pre patch?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Rifkin
MVP
Pet Score:9103
Realm:Caelestrasz-us
Am I the only one to have lost pets with the pre patch?

Post by Rifkin » October 26th, 2014, 7:11 pm

After pre patch came out, like everyone else I went and did the new questline for the new pet. As any avid pet collector does I jumped on here to update my pet list only to discover that I have pets missing!! This is NOT a warcraftpets site issue, they have actually disappeared ingame :'( The pets missing are Ash Viper, Blue Moth, Black Tabby, Black Kingsnake, Bombay Cat, Brown Snake, Brown Rabbit, Brown Prairie Dog and Calico Cat. I realise most of these are cheap vendor pets but that is not the point of this post, they are missing and that is not a normal thing to occur. I wrote a ticket, below is the response.

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your in-game issue.

The issue you reported is either something we are not able to assist with, or we are unable to verify that all of the criteria were met. At this time, we are not able to assist with granting progress or completion.

I’d recommend checking out the criteria on one of our database fan-sites. The comments section has a lot of helpful tips and information from other players, that can often times help clarify any missing details.

I’m very sorry that we are not able to directly assist here, but I wish you the best of luck. If you have further questions about this, please let us know. Otherwise, we thank you for your patience and hope you have a good rest of the day.

My main concern is that "what if my more expensive, rare or now unobtainable" pets were to go missing, is this the type of response I would expect for that situation?
Also I can at least prove I had the cats for the Achievement, but that doesn't help for the others :/

Anyway I am interested to know if this has happened with anyone else, particularly since the pre patch?

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Am I the only one to have lost pets with the pre patch?

Post by GrosBonda » October 26th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Rifkin wrote: Also I can at least prove I had the cats for the Achievement, but that doesn't help for the others :/
cat achieve is certainly not a proof....
since you can have the cat get achieve ad sell them....
just my 0.2c

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 26th, 2014, 10:15 pm

I haven't noticed anything missing from my pet journal since the patch.

Rifkin
MVP

Post by Rifkin » October 26th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Gros Bonda - thankyou for an unhelpful reply -.- if you read it properly I did say it was proof that I HAD them and what possible benefit would I get as a collector to sell my pets?? especially low/ cheap (except Black Tabby)

Rifkin
MVP

Post by Rifkin » October 26th, 2014, 10:26 pm

O...M...F...G!!! I have found where my pets have gone...... I have a child who is going to be in a world of trouble when he gets home from school. He sold my Black Tabby for 3245g :'(

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » October 26th, 2014, 11:31 pm

:D

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » October 27th, 2014, 3:52 am

Rifkin wrote:O...M...F...G!!! I have found where my pets have gone...... I have a child who is going to be in a world of trouble when he gets home from school. He sold my Black Tabby for 3245g :'(

so it seems someone owes grosbona an apology.

Rifkin
MVP

Post by Rifkin » October 27th, 2014, 7:43 am

I don't see it that way, he wasn't trying to be helpful and implied that I could have been trying to be dodgy. Although his remark did lead me to checking.

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » October 27th, 2014, 7:43 am

You may not have found it helpful, but Grosbana was right - the achievement just means that at some point you had them in your collection.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 27th, 2014, 3:22 pm

If his comment led to you double checking (as he was correct) then it was still helpful. I didn't think he sounded accusatory at all. This isn't like the official forums where trolls run wild; you'll get a lot more help here by being courteous and respectful.

Since you have your child sharing your account, I'd say always double check if anything ever seems amiss. Heck I had a guildmate suddenly lose 40k gold, and it turns out her husband logged onto her toon and swiped the funds. :lol:

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » October 27th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Rifkin wrote:Gros Bonda - thankyou for an unhelpful reply -.- if you read it properly I did say it was proof that I HAD them and what possible benefit would I get as a collector to sell my pets?? especially low/ cheap (except Black Tabby)
sorry but i just said what Gm told when i have asked....
next time i will remember to not give unhelpful reply...

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 27th, 2014, 3:50 pm

I didn't lose any pets with the patch, but I actually gained a couple...

I was on fairly early on patch day, did the Iron Horde quests with 2 characters but when I tried to learn the starlettes each character massively lagged out (spells locked, couldn't even log out, had to alt-tab and kill WoW) and I was unable to log on with any character at all for the rest of the evening.

Logged on the next day to find the 2 starlettes which I had tried to learn were still in their respective toons' bags, but were also added to the journal. Ditto a Pandaren Air Spirit which I had tried to learn on my bank alt. So, I seem to have inadvertently "duped" a couple of pets, heh. Normally I would probably report something like that, just out of a sense of duty, but since this was a problem caused by their horrible, buggy patch which also cost me an evening of gaming (and a day's holiday, since I took time off work), I'm keeping them as restitution. ;)

Rifkin
MVP

Post by Rifkin » October 27th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Gros Bonda - ok I was pretty pissed off after getting such an imo lazy reply from a GM and read your comment in a way hadn't meant. Sorry for the sarcastic reply, but others are right it did make me think "I certainly wouldn't sell my pets" but on occasion I am not the only one to use my account, even though he had been warned about messing with my pets. Little bugga thought because they were white/common quality that they weren't important. So Thank you in a round about way :P
All good now though, the only casualty is the Black Tabby, which I will eventually get again and still debating on making a certain young man do some farming in Hillsbrad Foothills as part of his punishment :P

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 27th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Rifkin wrote:the only casualty is the Black Tabby, which I will eventually get again and still debating on making a certain young man do some farming in Hillsbrad Foothills as part of his punishment :P
I totally would do that, well, at least for a little bit - I think an hour or two of boring, tedious farming would teach him to appreciate that battles pets aren't always so easy to get, and that's why he shouldn't be selling them! (Though I am curious as to what he was wanting the gold for...)

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » October 27th, 2014, 6:33 pm

no worries rifkin
Glad you found the cause... hoping you will get the black tabby fast :)

Terrorpene15
Pet Score:3398
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Terrorpene15 » October 28th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I'd make him farm for that sucker. some of those can take a long time, I'd be really pissed off TBH.

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » October 29th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Rifkin wrote:O...M...F...G!!! I have found where my pets have gone...... I have a child who is going to be in a world of trouble when he gets home from school. He sold my Black Tabby for 3245g :'(
HOOOOOLLLLLLYYY

He better do a Forest Gump.

If my little darling did that I think he would be in chains for weeks, if not years.