Pet Macros

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tholovar
Pet Score:3940
Realm:Saurfang-us
Pet Macros

Post by Tholovar » October 20th, 2014, 1:26 am

I am not sure which forum this is best to ask so apologies if i have put it in the wrong place.

I looked at the macros listed under tools but none seem to fit what i want to do. I have quite a few alts and i want to customise a macro for each one to summon random pets that fit a specific criteria, eg say I want my Mage Engineer to randomly summon any mechanical pet, my hunter randomly summon any beast pet, or maybe my pally to randomly summon any pet that is a cat. or even have my death knight randomly summon any of the winter veil pets.
Is there a way to do that within macros? Or can you make a list of pets (without favouriting since making a pet a favourite does it across all characters) where a pet on the list can be randomly summoned.

Thank you

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Pet Macros

Post by Kpb321 » October 20th, 2014, 11:05 am

I doubt this is possible with a macro other than the obvious pain in the rear way of doing it by just listing out the pets you want one at a time. I just don't think that there is any way to use those types of criteria in a macro.There might be a add-on that can support it but I don't know of one off hand.

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Re: Pet Macros

Post by Greenstar » October 21st, 2014, 2:08 pm

Some of the addons will do this. Guppet will allow you to select which pets you would like to choose from for each character and then selects a random one from that subset. It doesn't let you quickly sort by pet class.

I haven't looked at any other addons recently but I'm sure that some will do what you want.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/downloads/pet_addons/