Pet Addons

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jgcat2
Pet Score:4388
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Pet Addons

Post by Jgcat2 » October 15th, 2014, 9:57 am

Sorry to post this here, can't find a better forum. Does anybody have an ETA on petjournal enhanced being updated? It gives my pet journal an error and my other addons (petbattle teams and petbattle info) don't seem to work without it. Without these addons I'm shooting in the dark here!

Thanks!
Last edited by Jgcat2 on October 15th, 2014, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Pet Addons

Post by Kel » October 15th, 2014, 10:48 am

Yup, we're all waiting. Wish we had some news for you, but ultimately we're all at the mercy of the add-on creator.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 15th, 2014, 11:08 am

try [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rematch]rematch[/url] ....

Kel

Post by Kel » October 15th, 2014, 11:48 am

GrosBonda wrote:try [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rematch]rematch[/url] ....
I did, and I really don't like it. I can't figure out how to get it to resize to the size I want it, it just simply doesn't work like I'm use to. I'm not saying it's a bad add-on, it's just not what I like. I'm sure I'll end up using it in the mean time. But I'll also be watching closely to see when/if my preferred add-on gets updated.

EDIT:
What would be nice is if Rematch could import teams from "PetBattleMaster" as well as PetBattleTeams. I was not using PetBattleTeams, I just used the team function in PetBattleMaster. And now, sadly, I have no teams any more. Anyone know a way to make Rematch import from that? :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Jmsecc
Pet Score:3740
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Jmsecc » October 15th, 2014, 11:59 am

But the PetBattleTeams addon developer page on curseforge says it's "inactive". The author, Nullberri, has an inactive armory page

Not sure what the protocol on someone picking up someone else's project is or what the case is, but a year without updates and no activity during beta would indicate that we're not going to see an update any time soon.

I loved the teams function.. can't see doing pet battles without them. I hate to lose all my teams, too.... I'm not a programmer, unfortunately.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » October 15th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Kel,

The rematch window is expandable but not resizable. Importing from PBT requires the add-on be installed and running. PBM is probably doable too but the rematch author would have to add it and it would probably have to be running too.

Rematch is a little different that PBT. Coming from PBT I feel like rematch is far superior for PvE battles like the trainers and CT. I did keep most of my PvP teams in PBT because I liked it better for that.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » October 15th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Rematch is really nice since you can sort the teams in different tabs. I took a break from pet battles so I don't know how new some features are. It's working fine now though I don't remember if it was some other pet addon that auto-accepted/engaged/returned daily tamer quests - that isn't working atm. It's of course a matter of what one is used to, but I've loved Rematch from the beginning over PetBattleTeams (haven't tried PetBattleMaster!) and it seems to be only improving. :)

I'm wishing someone would make a working version of Auto Safari Hat now that it's a buff and not an equippable item :/ Or just a simple addon that would announce in big letters / sound in the middle of the screen if you don't have the safari hat buff when going into a pet battle. Don't know if it's possible for an addon to automatically use the hat in its current form.

Edit. It seems that PetBattleMaster was actually just updated.

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » October 15th, 2014, 5:14 pm

fyi... PBT has an update link in [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11452]this thread[/url] in the Pet Battles forum by [profile]Agramonia[/profile] that is working for me.
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 15th, 2014, 5:29 pm

PetJournalEnhanced, PetBattleInfo, and PetBattleTeams were all maintained by Nullberri up until Nov/Dec last year and then they disappeared. Unless someone else updates PetJournalEnhanced, chances are it won't be available.
Kel wrote: EDIT:
What would be nice is if Rematch could import teams from "PetBattleMaster" as well as PetBattleTeams. I was not using PetBattleTeams, I just used the team function in PetBattleMaster. And now, sadly, I have no teams any more. Anyone know a way to make Rematch import from that? :(
We have a thread in the Pet Battles forum here for Rematch that the author tries to keep track of. If you want things like resize or PBM imports, you might consider asking for them there. He has been very open to suggestions and has implemented a lot of features based on feedback from our users here. Even if you don't plan on using it, it will benefit others if they get added.

On a side note Kel, even if you don't want to use it for managing teams, the search function is really banging. You can search based on stats, ability text, etc. If you want all your level 25 pets that have speed greater than 300 and have an ability strong vs undead, then you can searches like that. It's really handy in game for searching for "that pet".
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » October 15th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Here is a link to a 3rd party fix for PetJournalEnhanced. The only side effect that I see is that it removes the color from the pet avatars in the pet list. I can live with that in exchange for the functionality of the addon.
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Starlytte
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Starlytte » October 15th, 2014, 7:11 pm

I'm sure everyone else already knows this but I just found out that the creator of the "Collect Me" addon is not going to be able to continue maintaining it. It is by far my favorite pet collection addon.. I could just cry!

What am I going to do?

/weep

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 15th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Starlytte wrote:I'm sure everyone else already knows this but I just found out that the creator of the "Collect Me" addon is not going to be able to continue maintaining it. It is by far my favorite pet collection addon.. I could just cry!

What am I going to do?

/weep
is he looking for somebody to continue ?
give me a link plz

Starlytte

Post by Starlytte » October 15th, 2014, 7:22 pm

I tried my best to post the link, but this website says I'm not allowed to. Any suggestions?

I get this message ""You must post at least 8 times before you are able to share external links. This helps us control malicious link spam."

Starlytte

Post by Starlytte » October 15th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Grosbanda - I sent the link to you in a private message.

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » October 16th, 2014, 3:47 am

Starlytte wrote:I tried my best to post the link, but this website says I'm not allowed to. Any suggestions?

I get this message ""You must post at least 8 times before you are able to share external links. This helps us control malicious link spam."
Sorry Starlytte need to have a few more posts to put links in, there was an issue awhile ago with people/ bots spamming links to ads about remodeling kitchens for awhile there. So there was a minimum post count before you can put links in.

As for the topic at hand back in June Nulliberri posted that they would have more time in July to get back to the addons, but seems nothing happened there. Might we worth a shot if someone is knowledgeable with addon coding to try sending them a message via curse/ curseforge and see if the author is willing to shift those projects to someone else. Worth a try at least.

Rawr... that is all.

Malisent
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Malisent » October 16th, 2014, 7:44 am

Amuneta wrote:Might we worth a shot if someone is knowledgeable with addon coding to try sending them a message via curse/ curseforge and see if the author is willing to shift those projects to someone else. Worth a try at least.
Specifically for Collect Me, the author has already offered to transfer the project to someone else from a post on the project site on Curse. Unfortunately with Nulberri, he/she did not give the project an open license. Hopefully you are right that if someone reaches out, the author will pop back lomng enough to open the license and transfer it.

Losing Collect Me is absolutely a killer for me, as I've been using it since the beginning of Wrath. Love everything the author has done with it.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 16th, 2014, 7:49 am

Sad news. Appears Pokemon Trainer has been abandoned. The author not finding pet battles worth the time more.

Anyone got an alternative that performs the same functions? Pokemon Trainer was pretty awesome for a smooth flow of pet battling, and im pretty sad to have to give it up. But it calls error constantly when logging on.

Kel

Post by Kel » October 16th, 2014, 10:27 am

Well, luckily for me [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/petbattlemaster]PetBattleMaster[/url] and [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid]BattlePet Breed ID[/url] have both been updated! Yay! 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Jgcat2
Pet Score:4388
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Jgcat2 » October 16th, 2014, 10:54 am

As of this morning, Breed ID is not working for WoD pets. Iron Starlette and Bronze Whelp breeds are not always correct.