Does anyone have the Bronze Whelpling pet yet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Personaldaemons
Pet Score:2272
Realm:Muradin-us
Re: Does anyone have the Bronze Whelpling pet yet?

Post by Personaldaemons » October 20th, 2014, 1:58 pm

I actually found this one pretty easy to farm for (and I say that as someone who has terrible luck with farming). If you're having trouble with the orcs, move to where the ogres are and kill them instead, as they also have a chance to drop the box. There's a cave filled with ogres where the respawn rate is extremely quick. I went in with low expectations (as I said, I have a history of bad luck) but according to rarity I got it after only 50 or so kills. It does drop! Just keep at it and you'll have this cutie in no time.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » October 20th, 2014, 2:03 pm

I got mine from an Ironmarch Grunt. Took me about two hours of farming spread out over three days.

Mkeyes
Pet Score:5587
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Mkeyes » October 20th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Will this pet be available after the launch event for WOD?

Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Alkaia » October 21st, 2014, 3:09 am

Mkeyes wrote:Will this pet be available after the launch event for WOD?
Apparently it will still be available. The mobs will still be in Blasted Lands once the event ends and should still drop the box.

Which is good as my luck with drops still hasn't improved. Now spent over 5 hours farming mobs to no avail.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » October 21st, 2014, 4:04 am

Arcana wrote:I got mine from an Ironmarch Grunt. Took me about two hours of farming spread out over three days.
Lucky you.. There are two different Grunts (different NPC IDs) and only one of them drops the pet..

I'm at 768 kills (and probably 2-300 grunts and other NPCs that doesn't drop it), without luck.. :-(

Post by Guest » October 21st, 2014, 7:50 am

There's an orc camp near where you do the "Poison Cauldrons" quest. The respawn rate is very high and i got 5 Time-Locked Boxes here over the course of about 3.5 hours of farming.

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » October 22nd, 2014, 12:37 pm

One dropped off the Ogres in the mine at just over 600 kills.
Last edited by Dirkie on October 27th, 2014, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13767
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Slugggo » October 22nd, 2014, 7:14 pm

Well, after what I'd estimate as 3000+ kills on more 90s than I care to admit that I have, the box finally dropped for me.

On the plus side, I now have an army of Iron Starlettes that might be worth decent gold in a year, depending on whether this pre-launch quest chain stays or goes away.

Michellefilo
Pet Score:5438
Realm:Thaurissan-us

Post by Michellefilo » October 22nd, 2014, 7:39 pm

I ahve a feeling it has a higher drop rate while you are doing the quests! I got nothing farming and I got 2 while doing the quest. Just make sure you kill everything you see while doing the quest instead of jumping around in your flying mount. (Ok'rilon Hold x2)

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » October 23rd, 2014, 5:08 am

Alkaia wrote:
Mkeyes wrote:Will this pet be available after the launch event for WOD?
Apparently it will still be available. The mobs will still be in Blasted Lands once the event ends and should still drop the box.

Which is good as my luck with drops still hasn't improved. Now spent over 5 hours farming mobs to no avail.
Great news, exactly what I came to ask. I've done the quest chain, but I'll come back and farm the whelpling when I'm looking for something to do. :D

Whiplash
Pet Score:4909
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Whiplash » October 23rd, 2014, 9:00 am

I did the Iron Invasion quest chain with several toons, and spent a couple of hours farming, with no Bronze Whelpling drop. I checked the AH and got a Bronze Whelpling for 6000g. Since that time the price has settled in at around 4000-5000g (depending on the server). I opted to buy the Bronze Whelpling because I'm spending my time farming Halloween buckets with other toons (the level 90's make around 500g when they hit 150 Treats). And the new Halloween pets will probably sell for a good price, listing in excess of 5000g right now (and who knows how much when Hallow's End is over and people come back for WoD?)