Hogger pet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shmiles
Pet Score:12954
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Re: Hogger pet?

Post by Shmiles » February 4th, 2015, 4:10 am

Created another thread complaining on official forums.

Asking that it become cagable for those that didn't want to do a shitfest of an event.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16200920745#1

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 4th, 2015, 4:42 am

Shmiles wrote:Created another thread complaining on official forums.

Asking that it become cagable for those that didn't want to do a shitfest of an event.

Bah.. Can't write on US forum...

On the other hand, on US forum, there is an actual possibility of a blue answer...

Mizix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7887

Post by Mizix » February 4th, 2015, 4:57 am

I do agree, it's a completly dick move... Besides, 10th year anniversary was it supposed to screw us pet collectors? Hatespark had a stupidly low droprate, now this. If I *knew*, I would have played the stupid battleground, if I knew :(

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » February 4th, 2015, 5:06 am

Denverrunner wrote:I would have pvp'd, if i knew I would have gotten a pet.
Same here. Kind of a jerk thing as far as I'm concerned, adding rewards after the fact if the event is a one time thing. Now if they repeat it next year I'm OK with it. But it's like guys, let us know what we're getting while there's a chance to get it. After the fact is just really low.

Dacoolist
MVP
Pet Score:8490
BattleTag®:dacoolist#1178
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Dacoolist » February 4th, 2015, 5:13 am

For the people who have 1+ win(s), it's going to be an "Well you should of done it in the two months it was open.." situation.

Do I think it would of been realistic to have linked hogz in the achieve to begin with: Yes.
Do I think literally everyone here is capable of getting 1 win, maybe after spending 5 hours wiping their butt off because they aren't a pvp'er.. sure.

It's a little 60/40 for me. 60% of me says it should of been in the game to begin with, and 40% says it was easy to get, had 2 months in a lul period of time to get it while literally nothing else in the game was going on... I'm hoping for the people who DIDN'T get it, that the Raid, and the BG comes BACK next year forward because.. It took Blizzard a lot of work to get everything setup for those events, and it's pretty easy to just keep the feats hitting yearly, (IE 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th [maybe give a pet 15th year etc]), And let us people who actually would LIKE a small shot at that cool weapon enchant another shot at that as well (And the battle ground for everyone who's ready to gauge their eyes out on how imbalanced that BG was lol, it was never even, it was always one side smoking the other).

Anyway, good luck to each of you, I hope they figure something out.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 4th, 2015, 5:44 am

Never did it because they removed Hogs. >.<

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Roarey » February 4th, 2015, 6:37 am

I will sign whatever appeal we can manage for Hogger to not be linked retroactively to the Tarren Mill bg event. I did get the 1 win needed for the achv/Feat of Strength....was utterly painful getting 40 people(Horde) not to brainlessly stand on the Alliance graveyard to lose over and over. And though I truly detest PVP, I finally completed it because they gave us an extra week and felt guilty for ignoring the "gift".
However, I feel like it is a bad move to have this awarded without announcing this prior to the ending of the event. I know plenty of people that said, "Oh, I not worth the aggravation for (5 or 10?) achv points"...yet they would have thought differently if an exclusive pet was attached.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678

Post by FuxieDK » February 4th, 2015, 6:43 am

Roarey wrote:I will sign whatever appeal we can manage for Hogger to not be linked retroactively to the Tarren Mill bg event. I did get the 1 win needed for the achv/Feat of Strength....was utterly painful getting 40 people(Horde) not to brainlessly stand on the Alliance graveyard to lose over and over. And though I truly detest PVP, I finally completed it because they gave us an extra week and felt guilty for ignoring the "gift".
However, I feel like it is a bad move to have this awarded without announcing this prior to the ending of the event. I know plenty of people that said, "Oh, I not worth the aggravation for (5 or 10?) achv points"...yet they would have thought differently if an exclusive pet was attached.
The extra week, was not a gift.. It was amends for stopping the event a few hours early..

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Roarey » February 4th, 2015, 7:20 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Roarey wrote:I will sign whatever appeal we can manage for Hogger to not be linked retroactively to the Tarren Mill bg event. I did get the 1 win needed for the achv/Feat of Strength....was utterly painful getting 40 people(Horde) not to brainlessly stand on the Alliance graveyard to lose over and over. And though I truly detest PVP, I finally completed it because they gave us an extra week and felt guilty for ignoring the "gift".
The extra week, was not a gift.. It was amends for stopping the event a few hours early..

Notice the "gift"...Of course I realize it wasn't a gift, lol. So picky <3 :roll:

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » February 4th, 2015, 8:15 am

I agree, I can't believe they would retroactively award a non-tradeable unique pet to an event that many pet collectors HATE.

I detest pvp but would gladly have participated in one to get a pet.

Heck, I'd even buy a plushie to get a pet.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » February 4th, 2015, 8:37 am

Shmiles wrote:Created another thread complaining on official forums.

Thanks for creating the thread. I added my voice.

There are a lot of pet collector griefers in that thread! :x

Shmiles
Pet Score:12954
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Shmiles » February 4th, 2015, 8:44 am

Like someone said, its only PTR, so if we make our voices heard now. We have a much better chance.

I've also contacted a number of the devs on Twitter, I'd advise anyone interested to do so as well :)

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 4th, 2015, 11:45 am

I guess I can add this to the list of 'pets I will probably never get'

What incentives does Blizzard have creating pets as a reward for people who probably don't care about the pet will just want to sell it at a jacked up price to pet collectors.

I do not PvP (other players not other Pets) because I am simply not that co-ordinated. I have a tough enough time in these high end raids trying to cast spells and avoid fires/mold/earthquakes/whatever let alone try to PvP against some twinked out player who is jumping all over the place to my slow moves.

I'm not saying that pets should be easy for us to gather but making a pet a reward for Player PvP is a bit of a joke. I've met a few PvPers that look down on us Battle Pet collectors like we're crazy to spend our times collecting pets. But how does that differ going into a PvP arena doing the same battle over and over again in hopes of collecting the best equipment in the game. In the end we are all collecting something in WoW - it's a matter of how we want to spend our $15/month when we are online.

Principa
Top Rater
Pet Score:9797
BattleTag®:Principa#1346
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Principa » February 4th, 2015, 11:57 am

FuxieDK wrote: Again, hopefully I didn't come off harsh, but I just want people to at least play the game, but I get what you're saying. Supposedly they are bringing back the event's for 11th year forward (not the 10th anniversary pet though, but the pvp, and raid)
I do know, it's a dick move.. But I cannot find any enjoyment in PvP content..

I don't try to hide my loathing PvP.. I'm completely open about it..

E.g. When I was forced to do the two BGs for MoP cloak, I did one 7 times and the other 15 times.. Lost all of them.. Then I AFK'ed one of each and we won them..
I play Horde, and we are supposed, according to statistics, to rule all BGs except AV and IoC.. Go figure...

Since then, I decided to avoid all PvP content, unless the reward is really really good... Therefor, it's a dick move from Blizzard to give an über reward for a BG, one months after it was removed..
My main is a rogue... because I hated PvP so much that I needed to be able to cloak/vanish/run away ;)

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » February 4th, 2015, 12:11 pm

I agree that it's rather silly to require PvP to earn a pet. It's like the legendary questline from last expansion where you had to PvP for a PvE cloak.

The only solace a few people I know have taken, is that the event may return for the next WoW anniversary.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 4th, 2015, 12:34 pm

I want to reiterate, don't panic. This is data coming from the PTR which is known to change over time.

We also don't have the full story on what's going on here. For all we know, Blizzard could be making the anniversary BG an annual thing, giving players a chance each year for Hogs. It's all speculation until more official information is released.

Since we don't have any official word on it yet, the best consolation is thoughts and views from Perculia, Wowhead's Site Director. She works with the PTR data directly, so if anyone has some kind of vague idea other than Blizzard devs/staff, it would be her. It's still speculation, but having insight from someone who can view the data better than the general public is better than nothing IMO.

From Perculia in a Twitter discussion regarding Hogs:
  • Hogger in the live data has always been linked to that achievement. Duplicate item could just be a template. [[url=https://twitter.com/perculia/status/562996394504773632]link[/url]]
  • Link for reference: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=76873/hogs . My optimistic guess would be tied to the plushie, if not a placeholder. [[url=https://twitter.com/perculia/status/562996942947749891]link[/url]]
  • Also I don’t see Hogs on the PTR and normally when there’s new pet stuff, it’s up in the journal. [[url=https://twitter.com/perculia/status/563002650405662721]link[/url]]
  • I’m confused as well—this is about duplicate Hogs data, not something larger. [[url=https://twitter.com/perculia/status/563008858776670213]link[/url]]
  • I’m hesitant to go further with how it’s not on the PTR like the Heroes pet is. [[url=https://twitter.com/perculia/status/563012388199608322]link[/url]]
I definitely think it's still worth expressing our opinions on Hogs being potentially retroactively rewarded for an achievement that's no longer obtainable. But let's not jump the gun and bite Blizzard's head off just yet. All we can do right now is wait and speculate, and express calmly and logically to Blizzard our thoughts on this matter.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » February 4th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Back in August, Holinka tweeted that there was a chance the event would happen for future anniversaries: [url]https://twitter.com/holinka/status/497073084843585536[/url].

But considering the amount of complaints that they received about the event, I'm not sure I would call it a "success". lol

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Bauk
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Bauk » February 4th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Adumbledore wrote:Back in August, Holinka tweeted that there was a chance the event would happen for future anniversaries: [url]https://twitter.com/holinka/status/497073084843585536[/url].

But considering the amount of complaints that they received about the event, I'm not sure I would call it a "success". lol
I actually went in and won TM vs SS and SS vs TM on both horde&ally char back then, when it was up. Was hoping there will be some secret FoS achi for that.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 4th, 2015, 2:12 pm

First I miss the 10th anniversary gift from Blizzard by 6 days and now this.