Timeless Rares

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Re: Timeless Rares

Post by Kel » August 21st, 2014, 3:15 pm

Huh, some good tips. Maybe I just need to learn how to not suck so bad at WoW. :D
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 21st, 2014, 4:12 pm

Kel wrote:Huh, some good tips. Maybe I just need to learn how to not suck so bad at WoW. :D
I wouldn't say it's "sucking." I think many players, even raiders, tend to get complacent if they can just sit in a spot and beat on something with no fear of failure (i.e. many older quests have now been simplified). So while I think TI was slightly overtuned for non raiders and alts when it came out, I do appreciate that they tried to put in a wide mix of mechanics to get players to stretch themselves a little more.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 21st, 2014, 4:35 pm

Yeah TI definitely fits the you must pay attention/raiding prep category. I think it is important to keep in mind that there is a lot of variety of mobs on TI and for the quests you can farm what ever works well for you. The cranes and the bulls are probably the easiest kills but you do have to do a little dodging or interrupting with them. The elementals aren't bad if you've got interrupts for them. Inside the cave, you can get the buff from the fires and when you don't interrupter they aren't as painful. If your DPS is good the Frogs can be pretty easy you just have to worry about getting two at once. For a melee, I'd definitely recommend avoiding the turtles as they are a total pain for melees.

The other thing to keep in mind is you can run around and pick up a number of chests and other things with out actually killing anything and may still get upgrade from those.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 21st, 2014, 11:21 pm

Kel wrote:Huh, some good tips. Maybe I just need to learn how to not suck so bad at WoW. :D

You don't suck just timeless island is not melee friendly and with your gear score you obviously aren't much of a raider.
Which puts you in the group with most players aren't raiders and gear is everything this expansion.
My hunter at your gear score was lucky to to 100k now at 575 I do 350k dps and if short fight or lots of mobs even higher.
Gear inflation this expansion is ridiculous.
And they basically took away valor gear so one has to raid to get this gear and not all like to raid.

Kel

Post by Kel » August 22nd, 2014, 11:47 am

You are correct, I don't raid. Between the job, my racecar, the wife and various other things, I just don't have time for raiding. Most of my stuff is either Isle gear with upgrades or crafted stuff.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 22nd, 2014, 12:51 pm

Kel wrote:You are correct, I don't raid. Between the job, my racecar, the wife and various other things, I just don't have time for raiding. Most of my stuff is either Isle gear with upgrades or crafted stuff.

Unfortunately you are but an example the people the game is starting to leave behind by thinking all will raid or at least lfr raid.
Some just don't have time, some don't want to do lfr(can't blame them), and some just don't like raiding.
That was valor gear was so good.
Lot easier to get valor and be pretty decently geared or keep Alts geared that way.
Doing the lfr and waiting in ques for up to an hour and then dealing with the lfr crowd I can see why some have not chosen to take that path.
Hope blizz realizes this soon, because they are leaving behind some good players without time or just some nice people that like to causally play the game.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 22nd, 2014, 4:28 pm

Digem wrote:
Kel wrote:You are correct, I don't raid. Between the job, my racecar, the wife and various other things, I just don't have time for raiding. Most of my stuff is either Isle gear with upgrades or crafted stuff.

Unfortunately you are but an example the people the game is starting to leave behind by thinking all will raid or at least lfr raid.
Some just don't have time, some don't want to do lfr(can't blame them), and some just don't like raiding.
Lot easier to get valor and be pretty decently geared or keep Alts geared that way.
I have to disagree. I think the idea behind TI was decent, as final patch content, and really helped people catch up with gear. All my alts were well below ilvl 500 (probably around 470) at the start of 5.4. Thanks to TI I was able to boost all of them to around 500 in a week. With a few lucky drops from the celestial bosses, they're all in the 530 range now. Not too awful for toons that haven't done any LFR or other organized raids, and maybe only 1 scenario each. :)

Kel

Post by Kel » August 22nd, 2014, 5:05 pm

Oh, I agree, the Isle is a great idea. My only complaint about it is that the elite mobs can be too much for someone in that gear. So there's this big part of the Isle that I'm totally missing out on.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » August 22nd, 2014, 10:44 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Digem wrote:

I have to disagree. I think the idea behind TI was decent, as final patch content, and really helped people catch up with gear. All my alts were well below ilvl 500 (probably around 470) at the start of 5.4. Thanks to TI I was able to boost all of them to around 500 in a week. With a few lucky drops from the celestial bosses, they're all in the 530 range now. Not too awful for toons that haven't done any LFR or other organized raids, and maybe only 1 scenario each. :)

I love the timeless isle and it is a good way to gear up Alts but a low geared main can and will have problems out there.
Once geared it is easy.
I have my mains get the gear for Alts but my low geared Alts can't kill a thing out there solo and that is kel's problem right now especially on melee.
If I didn't have my mains or my guildies to help my lower toons I can see it being a problem.
That is what kel is talking about and to get the real good gear to make it easier one has to raid.
Can't even do ordos without the cloak on one toon which takes a lot of lfr's to complete.
Some don't have the time, desire to do lfr or like to raid and one kinda has to nowadays.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214

Post by Echinacea » August 25th, 2014, 7:45 am

Kel wrote:I'd just like to figure out how to kill stuff on the isle. Even at 507 gs I still get rolled. :(
on my other account (my new troll shadow priest just dinged 85 so she isnt there yet) i would run around hitting all the buff shrines until i got chi-ji which is a huge crit buff. then i use the three timeless buff items (forget the name since its been a couple months...a book, a crystal and a drop) and then i can run around killing everything....until i get sloppy and get killed.

i couldnt kill squat at first because my item level wasnt too high....but those buffs make up for a lot of it