TCG problem

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
TCG problem

Post by Avalee » August 17th, 2014, 1:58 am

I bought a Rocket chicken from Ebay, got the code from the redeem page succesfully but ingame, the new code didn't work. Sent a ticket and they said to look into it. Now they set the status to my ticket to Resolved, but still don't have my chicken.

Anyone recently succesfully redeemed a TCG pet? Is this a known problem? I know that the realm I redeemed it got merged not long ago, so maybe that's what causing it? Else I will make a character on a non-merged realm and redeem all my pets there.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: TCG problem

Post by Luciandk » August 17th, 2014, 3:35 am

I speculate you might have chosen the wrong realm for your code.

Avalee

Post by Avalee » August 17th, 2014, 4:54 am

No, I'm always very careful with that.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 17th, 2014, 6:03 am

Hrm, im reminded. Once bought a code for a Dragon Kite from wowtcgloot. It did not work at the goblin. On a hunch, I checked Tuskar kite, and it popped into my bags. I wrote wowtcgloot and complained, and they gave me a free dragon kite code after verifiying they had given me an incorrect code. So I got to keep both kites.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » August 17th, 2014, 7:01 am

If you still have access to the code page (where they give you the in game code, not the original card code) copy the code and paste it into Landro's text input box directly (Cntrl-V to copy from Blizzard web page, Cntrl-C to paste in game).

I had to start doing this because some of the letters/numbers are difficult to distinguish and ran into this problem a few times but every time it was me not reading the code right. If that doesn't work I would reopen the ticket and ask how they resolved it since you still have no pet. Good Luck.

Jal

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » August 17th, 2014, 7:58 am

I once had a problem where the first time I entered a code I had entered it incorrectly. For a few tries after that, even though I verified the code was correct, it was still coming up with an error.

I did some research and found an old thread that said sometimes the wrong code gets "hung up" in the system. Clearing my cache and reloading my UI cleared it and the next time I entered the code it went through.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 17th, 2014, 11:41 am

I haven't redeemed a TCG code since they started merging servers, but I have heard of players having issues redeeming codes on merged servers.

If your ticket says resolved but you still don't have your pet, I would send in another ticket explaining the situation.

You could also try Jaladar's suggestion of copying and pasting directly into the code window a few times to see if it's an issue with the code or the redeeming process itself. If your copy/pasted code still doesn't work, I would relay this information to Blizzard since it means there's something wrong on their end (probably has to do with the merged servers).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peppercat
MVP
Pet Score:10136
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Peppercat » August 18th, 2014, 1:36 pm

I just went through this issue. In fact still am going through it. I'm on a merged server and tried redeeming some TCG pets. Landro said he couldn't validate the codes. I've copy and pasted, deleted wtf, cache, and interface folders. Nothing. Started a goblin on an unmerged realm (mainly to get the Shore Crawler) but that didn't work either. After a few tickets, I find out that this is a known issue with realm connections.

You should send in a ticket with both the code from the card and the code received from the redemption website. They will do something on their end and in a few weeks you should be good to go.

I've gotten codes back from my ticket, but they still didn't work. Turns out that Blizzard actually messed up and sent the wrong thing back so now I have to wait another week or two. One plus is supposedly they will redeem them themselves and put in my inventory. So I don't have to mess with it again. Fingers crossed.

Good luck.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 18th, 2014, 6:16 pm

I hate to worry you but I got a Landros gift loot card for Xmas 2013... ,about 2 weeks ago after 8 tickets, phone calls, photos of my loot code and many headaches they sent me the item...I never redeemed it in Booty bay at all....it was the sandbox tigers in the end

Be ready for empty promises(the 1st reply said it would be 3weeks)...and as much as a ,7-9 month fight

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Charlott » August 19th, 2014, 2:15 am

I tried to redeem a code every way possible... didn't work. Contacted blizz and they had it sorted out like an hour-ish later. The support guy said it was happening a lot lately. :(

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 19th, 2014, 5:49 am

So let's get this straight.
Legitimate tcg codes pretty much aren't working but the ah's are flooded now with expensive tcg pets.
Wonder if this is how they are doing it?
Somehow they hacked the loot card codes and thus are able to have all those pets.
When someone with a legit code comes along that code has already been used and get stuck in the blizz customer support hell.
Blizz doing nothing has seemed to cause a problem.
Not to shocked that the flood of tcg pets would lead to some sort of problem.

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Charlott » August 19th, 2014, 12:25 pm

I don't think that's the exploit. The blue post that said the tcg pets were gained through exploitative means also said/implied the exploit didn't involve code redemption & even if there were a bug with code redemption allowing exploiting, that wouldn't explain all the VHs (ToT raid drop that is getting sold along beside the tcg pets).

Avalee

Post by Avalee » August 19th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Got another answer after I re-opened my ticket:
"the process can take everywhere from 1 to 5/6 weeks, and we cannot speed it up because there are dozens of players in your situation that are waiting to be serviced."

Peppercat
MVP
Pet Score:10136
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Peppercat » August 20th, 2014, 7:50 am

Avalee wrote:Got another answer after I re-opened my ticket:
"the process can take everywhere from 1 to 5/6 weeks, and we cannot speed it up because there are dozens of players in your situation that are waiting to be serviced."
Good luck Avalee. Keep us posted. Let's hope we all get our pets!