anyone else feel max level pets are...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Re: anyone else feel max level pets are...

Post by Kpb321 » May 26th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Sweetdr0ps wrote:
Angelwings626 wrote:LOL SweetDrOps, I have you on my battlenet ID as a friend.

[ENTER SHAMELESS PLUG FOR A LEVELING BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY]
Could always have me level for you ^_~. You have a great supply and I'm pretty cheap as it goes. I can have all your pets leveled (at least the ones that can be traded) super fast.

Say....got anymore blue carps lying around? ^_~
I definitely still have some carps of all flavors haven't caught you on in a while but willing to do some more of that. As for my wild pets, guess I better start leveling more. So only level 25s get one point and the 1s or 18s get 0? Or does the one point get fractioned?

It's .04 times total combined levels for unique pets so your partially leveled pets will count in the total. Obviously getting one pet one level probably won't do anything but getting 3 pets 10 levels should get you a point or two depending on rounding.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 27th, 2014, 10:07 am

Sweetdr0ps wrote:Thank you for those who added rounded fair responses and not condescending or rude ones. also I never said anything about rarity, I've no vendetta against that. Mainly I just always enjoyed not having to invest as much time in repetitive grinds on my collection as say pvp or pve, reputation content and that's not the case now. There are only a handful of pets that require purchase with money and I don't use real world cash, I trade for them. So I don't appreciate insinuating that quantity of pets is all about "buying" your collection. To say those pets can only be obtained when real money is ignorant. I've always played for collecting and I enjoy the battling and upgrading but not leveling hundreds of pets, it seems redundant and for someone who works a lot I was sad to see a shift that favors time invested but for those mentioning the %s it doesnt seem that unfair. As my only way to judge was seeing how much more a leveled pet brought up my score over one missing and it seemed heavier. Thanks again for those who were not hostile and offered advice.

Just because you don't like/want to level your pets doesn't take away from those that did or are doing.
Yes, it is a grind but it deserves some sort of recognition for .
If you don't want to that is your choice and that is fine but don't diminish what others have done .

As for paying for pets CE pets do require some extra money to be spent to have and some don't have that money.
Also blizz store or tcg pets also require money or pretty high amounts of in game money to get which again some might not have.
Or the trust the pet isn't dupped and in the trading partner which again some might not have or want to believe in.
So yes, some pets are pay for in whatever matter you do pay for them.
And that is cool too but you have to be able to see more than your own situation right?
Maybe some find it a grind or repeatative to acquire the money needed to buy these pets.
See to each it's own and that is what the pet score takes in.
All the different ways one can choose to go about it.
You have amassed quite a collection if you want a top score level them or be happy the way it is your choice that what this mmo is all about everyone can do things the way they like.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » May 31st, 2014, 10:28 am

Just want to let you know you aren't the only person brave enough to not like the new formula in public.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10424&p=83665#p83665

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » May 31st, 2014, 7:16 pm

I'll go you one further, I actually don't like the pet battling system. I prefer the way they used to be, just useless flavor. I've collected for years before this expansion but overall its cool to see more people into them even if I'm forced to battle to catch'em all. I just try my best to ignore the pet score altogether and hit the "Pets" button so it sorts by number. No skin off my nose that some people have them all leveled, that's quite a feat and its nice there is recognition for their efforts. Just look at it as a different type of collector, like some who collect mounts, tabards, etc. Leveling is just a different type of collector.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 31st, 2014, 11:32 pm

I guess for those that do not want to or like to level pets they could make a pet score for collection and a pet score for leveling .
but I truly fail to see the complaint of someone who has a lot of pets complaining that someone that leveled all their pets has a higher score.
they don't seem to understand to be top of the list might take some work and if they don't want to do the work the they can live with the score they have.
it is much easier for one with a lot of pets to rise in the rankings then ones with less.
if one wants a higher score level ones pets problem solved.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » June 1st, 2014, 9:53 am

Deadlycurves wrote:As someone who just dropped 270 or so places on site rank from the new formulae, my immediate reaction was simple, must level the last 240 pets to max and regain my old ranking :mrgreen: simples!!
+1000000. The Pet Battle Game is about collecting, leveling, and battling.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » June 1st, 2014, 9:59 am

The problem is there was this huge disparity between websites managing a "pet score". You had Wowprogress.com that gave you a higher score for having more level 25's, and Warcraftpets.com that had some sort of unique made-up equation, and ultimately people wanted a universal score. In addition they wanted to be recognized for all the leveling they did.

They needed a balance between collecting and leveling. And I think they have it right. Prior to this you could have 600 pets, half level 25, and you were ranked similarly to the person who had 600 pets 2 level 25's. It just didn't give enough credit for leveling before.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » June 10th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Jerebear wrote:My assumption is normal rounding is used, but haven't tested it out.
Your assumption is correct. :-)