Clock'em question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Clock'em question

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 22nd, 2014, 7:59 pm

Hey folks...I have to beat rank 4 of the Brawlers guild fights to earn this pet ..I checked out the guides and here's my question especially to those who are in the know:
I have an Ilevel 538 tauren healer druid who has big health but only 2 attacks and a stun
I also have an Ilevel 498 frost death knight ..lots of attacks and nice weapons...which would fare better ? (without knowing other specifics) ...they are both 90s and I know their abilities well enough

I haven't launched an invite yet so just wondering about thoughts you may have...likely won't move on past lvl 4

I really appreciate any help!
Tekulve

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Clock'em question

Post by Peanutty » April 22nd, 2014, 8:46 pm

DK should be better since doing Brawler's in heal spec is pretty painful. It can be done, I've talked to a few people who made some level of progress as heals, but their number 1 complaint was hitting the enrage timers.

That said, some amount of healing is necessary to get all the way through to rank 10 (my main is rank 10 with all optional bosses down) but literally a health pot and some passive healing is enough. In general the mechanics are meant to either one or two shot you so no amount of healing will save you from standing in something bad.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » April 22nd, 2014, 8:51 pm

I'd think the DK would do better. All of the trials had a time limit on them and a healer is going to have a hard time with that. Now you might be able to go boomkin on your druid and do okay. I did them as elemental on my primarily resto shaman and did fine.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » April 23rd, 2014, 4:24 am

The invite is account wide, you can try it with both characters. Besides that, the Brawlers guild is all about DPS. Only about DPS.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 23rd, 2014, 4:45 am

Note, that to finish Brawlers Guild, you need to pack a min of 150k dps to defeat the final rank 9 boss.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 23rd, 2014, 6:30 am

Hey folks ..thanks for the feedback ~ a couple of notes:

1) I only want the pet so I figure to be done at rank 4 (although i was told the heirloom fist weapon is worth obtaining-not sure what rank-7?)

2) Im only comfortable with the heal spec of my druid, havent played the others- and dps is seems weak unless on TI where i get significant boosts through shrines and crystals etc

3) My druid can heal 300k at a time (on T.I.- but solid outside T.I as well) but has limited attacks when in healing - the leather armor is not the best either (this is what concerns me most)

---
based on your suggestions i'll try the DK first and maybe gear him up a bit more too - just hoping to beat rank 4 for the pet for now ~thanks all !

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 23rd, 2014, 10:00 am

As long you are not a total mouthbreather, you should be able to do rank 1-4 fairly easilly.

They start to get increasingly harder above rank 4, as well the dps needed.

http://wowpedia.org/Brawler%27s_Guild#Gladiators

This page should help you with tactics. Mind you, you only have 2 mins to defeat a boss.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 23rd, 2014, 12:05 pm

I would worry about the fist weapons only if you find yourself enjoying the whole experience (and I don't have a toon that can use them so I can't say if they're good or not), especially since the pet is your main goal. You must reach Rank 8 I believe, to get the weapons.

Some people really enjoy Brawler's, others find it to be a nightmare. Waiting in line to fight is the biggest downside IMO, that, and all the dying due to one bad split second decision and the unavoidable gear repairing! I actually like it a lot because I really enjoying soloing and it's more about doing mechanics correctly more than anything else :) so even though I'm done with it I do still go in there and beat up random bosses, just to do it.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 23rd, 2014, 1:28 pm

If you guys are on full realms the wait is really long but if you have a friend on a low to medium pop realm just invite them to group. You can leave and they can brawl to their hearts content. I've been doing that for a few people on my friends list. It works out great.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » April 24th, 2014, 8:10 pm

You should have no issue whatsoever getting to level 4 on your dk. I did it with my pally in secondary spec that had gear that was around 475 and I suck at Ret. I could live all day in holy (my mainspec), but of course, enrage timers hurt >.<