WoD pet news speculation and datamined

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: WoD pet news speculation and datamined

Post by Jerebear » September 3rd, 2014, 9:36 pm

Thanks! That screenshot helped. SW corner of the red area if anyone needs a better bearing.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 4th, 2014, 12:46 pm

According to patf0rd on Twitter, once you've defeated all 6 Draenor trainers and have a level 3 menagerie, you can unlock a new daily to defeat the 6 again.

Completing "Mastering the Menagerie" rewards Big Bag of Pet Supplies, which contain Pet Charms and family-specific leveling stones. In addition to that, there's a chance to loot 1 of 7 new pets from the bag (at least according to the pet journal).

Here are the pets that might drop from the bag:
  • Albino Chimaeraling
    Firewing
    Ghastly Kid
    Puddle Terror
    Sunfire Kaliri
    Sun Sproutling
    Weebomination
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Poofah
Pet Score:4206

Post by Poofah » September 4th, 2014, 2:51 pm

This suddenly sounds incredibly aggravating. Is the garrison pet battle content seriously gated on winning 1000 pet battles *in Draenor*? This makes no sense at all. There's no pet progression in Draenor: everything is still level 25, and I can beat all those garrison fights on day one. And, I have to do 1000 Draenor pet fights before I can actually start getting the most relevant reward from beating Draenor pet fights? This is akin to forcing people to get a "defeat Garrosh 10 times" achievement before they can get loot from Garrosh.

Aside from the 6 tamers, which I can only do once per day, the Draenor pet fights have virtually no value. Forcing us to do 1000 of them before we can actually be rewarded for the Draenor content is a ridiculous grind.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 4th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Poofah wrote:Aside from the 6 tamers, which I can only do once per day, the Draenor pet fights have virtually no value. Forcing us to do 1000 of them before we can actually be rewarded for the Draenor content is a ridiculous grind.
My guess (and this is really, just my own impression) developers assumed that we'd be in Draenor the majority of the time, leveling and capturing new pets anyway. So why not stick an achievement for it in there, and use that to gate progression?

1000 does seem like a daunting number of battles, though. Especially if you're not an avid battler and only play occasionally. I would much prefer a reduced number, but I think they really want us to soak in Pet Battles, specifically in Draenor. "Prove" that we're ready for "harder" content? I don't know.

On a related note, if the wild pets in Draenor stay as they are, you'll only have to fight one pet per encounter. That should make the 1k battles go by a little quicker, I guess...? =\
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Poofah

Post by Poofah » September 4th, 2014, 4:00 pm

1000 is a crazy number. They didn't raise the pet level cap, therefore we have absolutely no use for wild pet battles beyond capturing the handful of new wild pets. And wild pet battles are not a challenge, especially if it's 1 pet per battle. Doing 1000 wild pet battles doesn't prove you can do harder content, it proves you have time to waste. There's only 6 Draenor pet battles that could be remotely challenging, and I can only do them once per day....

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » September 4th, 2014, 6:25 pm

surely the logical progression for unlocking the draenor tamer dailies would be having defeated all the previous tamers from the other xpacs just like the current tamer quests/daily unlock occurred. making us fight 1000 pet battles prior to that in draenor is a stinking pile of whelpling droppings imo. Sure make an achieve for winning 1000 pet battles in draenor, but its a massive piece of time for a player to have to grind through just to unlock tamer dailies, made a lot worse by the lack of flying in draenor at xpac launch too. when xpac launches i dont want to spend the 2 weeks off work i have booked just doing pet battles, i intend to do a lot of pet related gaming but have other objectives for my wow xpac holiday.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » September 4th, 2014, 7:00 pm

To clarify, the individual tamer dailies aren't locked behind the 1000 win achieve. However there is an additional daily for beating all 6 tamers, and this is the daily that rewards all the pets (plus battle stones etc). This daily is the one locked behind 1000 wins. So the tamers technically aren't locked behind 1000 wins, but the main reason for doing the tamers *is* locked behind 1000 wins.

Still whelpling droppings, as you say.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » September 4th, 2014, 9:57 pm

So don't you get the regular battle stones (that let you upgrade pets to rare quality) at all anywhere in draenor? Since from what I have read everything just gives those level-up stones, which seem pretty useless as it doesn't exactly take long to level a pet anyway. Would kind of suck if would have to grind pandaria trainers the whole WoD just for those stones. :/

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 4th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Klaital wrote:So don't you get the regular battle stones (that let you upgrade pets to rare quality) at all anywhere in draenor?
Currently the only place I know in Draenor where you can get the current battle-stones is from the menagerie vendor inside your garrison. She sells the Marked Flawless Battle-Stone for 10 Pet Charms, and you can trade in 3 of a kind for a Marked Flawless one (same as current vendors in SW and Org).
Would kind of suck if would have to grind pandaria trainers the whole WoD just for those stones. :/
I think that's kind of what they expect us to do since the pet experience gained from Pandaria trainers is the same as the experience from Draenor trainers. This could change before beta ends, but so far that's what it looks like.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » September 6th, 2014, 1:58 pm

It took me 2.5 full days to get 1000 pet battles in. The spiders outside your garrison and the pets in Nagrand are the fastest way (most pets per mile so to speak.)

So far no pet awarded on my first two passes through all the tamers (charms and training stones). Without flying it can be rather tedious to get to them :(

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » September 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm

WoW: Ghost Elephant

[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/Trunks.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 6th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Dakender wrote:WoW: Ghost Elephant

[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/Trunks.jpg.html]Image[/url]
That makes me a little sad TBH. The Elekk Plushie already gets beat up in battles because it doesn't have any real attacks, and now its only friend is imaginary. :(

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » September 6th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Squirt (one of the daily pet battles in the garrison) is repeatable and does get a Tamer bonus. It's on the same order as a Northrend or Cataclysm Tamer (3.0x pet exp), but it is repeatable, so if a good two pet team is figured out, this could be a random day to get in some good pet EXP. I was able to duo it with a Scourged Whelpling + S/S spider, but it wasn't an optimal solution.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » September 7th, 2014, 11:29 am

Lucky day, dropped first bag ever on this team

[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/Syd01.jpg.html]Image[/url]

PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by PWOKristy » September 8th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Quintessense, thanks alot for the detailed posts in here.

Ryken
Top Rater
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ryken » September 10th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Looks like we'll be farming Ragnaros in the anniversary MC: @TheCrafticus Repeat MC runners will have a chance to get Hatespark the Tiny and the Flames of Ragnaros enchant illusion :)

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/509823441088679936

Klaital

Post by Klaital » September 10th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Ryken wrote:Looks like we'll be farming Ragnaros in the anniversary MC: @TheCrafticus Repeat MC runners will have a chance to get Hatespark the Tiny and the Flames of Ragnaros enchant illusion :)

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/509823441088679936

OMG Hatespark isn't 100% drop? Thats terrible. :/ Its going to be on ridiculous prices in ah then. :/

Quaras
Pet Score:7007
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Quaras » September 11th, 2014, 6:39 pm

If it is even cageable...

Ryken
Top Rater
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ryken » September 15th, 2014, 1:27 am

Has anyone had any luck with the Bronze Whelpling on the Beta or PTR? I've spent a few hours farming for it with nothing, so I'm fearing its a really low drop... that or it isn't in yet.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » September 15th, 2014, 7:07 am

Ryken wrote:Has anyone had any luck with the Bronze Whelpling on the Beta or PTR? I've spent a few hours farming for it with nothing, so I'm fearing its a really low drop... that or it isn't in yet.
Well, whelplings have a long standing tradition of being stupidly low drops, so wouldn't be surprised if this one is too. :p