The Future of Polished Pet Charms

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skooch
MVP
Pet Score:12634
Realm:Proudmoore-us
The Future of Polished Pet Charms

Post by Skooch » November 14th, 2018, 6:21 am

Now that I am farming PPC every day on five toons and have purchased all the pets and toys, I wonder whether they will be useful going forward. I can't see anything on the list of new pets that leads me to believe the charms will be currency for new ones. I understand I can buy some pets now to sell and there are consumables I could get, but the real fun is imagining standing at the pet store with hands full of coins when the (theoretical) new ones come out.

I mean it's not like I've been left with thousands of useless coins before. :roll: :roll: (Ahem: Legion I'm looking at you!)

Any thoughts on this?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: The Future of Polished Pet Charms

Post by Gilneas » November 14th, 2018, 6:38 am

It will be like the old ones. They will be used for the consumables. Maybe down the road they add more pets and toys for them, for maybe even another expansion. Eventually they’ll replace them with a new currency and old pets/toys will be their only use.

I don’t see it working out any differently than the original charms did.

Remember, it takes over 5000 charms to just get the pets this time. Only the very dedicated are going to get that quickly. The expected time to get them all is going to be assumed based on someone doing it much more casually. That is to say, many people here can expect they’ll get through it before Blizzard expects your average person to be done.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 14th, 2018, 8:06 am

Gilneas wrote:Remember, it takes over 5000 charms to just get the pets this time. Only the very dedicated are going to get that quickly.
I think this sums the situation up quite well. I consider myself a "serious" collector yet I'm FAR from having all the PPC pets, never mind the toys. I'm currently only farming them on two chars (soon to be three) plus I was offline a few weeks last month. The result of this is that I still need THIRTEEN of the pets . . . and then the toys. It'll speed up as I get more and more of my alts leveled but it's still going to keep me busy a while longer.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 15th, 2018, 6:52 am

I am in a similar situation. I by no means am a casual collector but have a good number of charm pets to go. If I also hadn’t been forced to take a few weeks off since BFA launch, I’m fairly certain I would not be done anyway. 5100 just for the pets is quite a bit till you get more than a couple characters into it.

I’m not complaining of course. Just saying it takes more than a little effort, which is fine. Good to have longer term goals you can work towards.

Skooch
MVP
Pet Score:12634

Post by Skooch » November 17th, 2018, 11:21 am

Good points about lots of folks still working on the core 5000 or so charms for the current pets. I guess my bigger question, though, is keep going with them once that stable is full?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » November 17th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Skooch wrote:Good points about lots of folks still working on the core 5000 or so charms for the current pets. I guess my bigger question, though, is keep going with them once that stable is full?
That's up to your personal preference.

There's a new Pet Journal increase item coming in 8.1 that costs 1k charms, so you could start saving for that if you haven't already. And then there are more pets coming (not vendor pets though) that might need upgrade stones. You could always use charms to buy stones to level those new pets up too.

For me, I'm still collecting charms even though I've already purchased all the BFA vendor pets and toys. I prefer having a stockpile of currency that I can spend on a whim on whatever I please without worrying about it. If they change the currency again in the next expansion or so, I'll just have to make sure to pay attention and use the "old" one up before the switch.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » November 19th, 2018, 11:59 am

Skooch wrote:Now that I am farming PPC every day on five toons and have purchased all the pets and toys, I wonder whether they will be useful going forward. I can't see anything on the list of new pets that leads me to believe the charms will be currency for new ones. I understand I can buy some pets now to sell and there are consumables I could get, but the real fun is imagining standing at the pet store with hands full of coins when the (theoretical) new ones come out.

I mean it's not like I've been left with thousands of useless coins before. :roll: :roll: (Ahem: Legion I'm looking at you!)

Any thoughts on this?
I'm still working on that... and I just raise an horde alt, so I'm very far away from collecting all the pets via PPC, but I can figure that with patch 8.2 set in a new zones with related factions/vendors, new pets/toys will came with new Master Tamer as well...

Also, I hope pets from Island Expeditions, at the end of this expansion will be avaible to buy via Vendor using PPC...

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 20th, 2018, 8:01 am

Tarty wrote:
Skooch wrote:Now that I am farming PPC every day on five toons and have purchased all the pets and toys, I wonder whether they will be useful going forward. I can't see anything on the list of new pets that leads me to believe the charms will be currency for new ones. I understand I can buy some pets now to sell and there are consumables I could get, but the real fun is imagining standing at the pet store with hands full of coins when the (theoretical) new ones come out.

Any thoughts on this?
I'm still working on that... and I just raise an horde alt, so I'm very far away from collecting all the pets via PPC, but I can figure that with patch 8.2 set in a new zones with related factions/vendors, new pets/toys will came with new Master Tamer as well...

Also, I hope pets from Island Expeditions, at the end of this expansion will be avaible to buy via Vendor using PPC...
Exactly and worst case scenario stock up level 25 stones and upgrade stones. More than likely these stones will roll over to next expansion as the last ones lasted for a bit too

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 22nd, 2018, 9:05 am

Digem wrote:Exactly and worst case scenario stock up level 25 stones and upgrade stones.
This is my plan for when I have everything else that you can buy with the charms. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420