BFA Paragon chests

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Whoppadoo
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Maiev-us
BFA Paragon chests

Post by Whoppadoo » October 31st, 2018, 10:03 am

I never got any mounts from all the rep grinds for the Paragon chests in Legion...I dread having to do it again for the pets now when these come out in BFA...ugh

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: BFA Paragon chests

Post by Gilneas » October 31st, 2018, 2:02 pm

If Legion is anything to go by, the pets will not be like the mounts. The Army of Legionfall paragon chest had a pet (the Orphaned Felbat) as it's special item, and it was a noticably higher drop rate than the mounts.

Graendal
Pet Score:13712
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Graendal » October 31st, 2018, 2:17 pm

Hopefully, you can cage these pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 31st, 2018, 8:20 pm

Hopefully any pet rewards will be cageable.

Trust me, I'm not looking forward to the grind either. For some Legion factions I had more than 10 toons doing the emissary grind, and that's what it took for me to get the mounts and pets. Having to repeat that all over again (and Island Expeditions, and Warfronts) just seems like a scary task.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » October 31st, 2018, 9:19 pm

Peanutty wrote:Hopefully any pet rewards will be cageable.

Trust me, I'm not looking forward to the grind either. For some Legion factions I had more than 10 toons doing the emissary grind, and that's what it took for me to get the mounts and pets. Having to repeat that all over again (and Island Expeditions, and Warfronts) just seems like a scary task.
It's not going to be the same as the Legion mounts, almost assuredly. For one, the sole Legion pet from paragon chests was a) cageable, and b) much more common than the mounts. And for another, they said they liked the paragon system (why it is coming back), but they didn't like the super rare mounts being tied to it.

Honestly, they're right. The entire idea behind the paragon chests was good. Gave you a reason to keep doing the emissaries late in the expansion. The mount rarity was just what didn't work.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » November 1st, 2018, 10:05 pm

So, if "they" knew the dismal drop was awful, why did they not fix it? I am still going back to get the last mount I need from Legion. Never give up, never surrender.
Well, except for the PVP Honor 400 pets. Blizzard can keep those and good riddance. There is no way I am wasting that much time doing something I absolutely hate -- again.
I will most likely continue to do WQs but I now understand why so many people stopped playing during Legion. If I weren't on a raid team, I would take a break and wait for something NEW and DIFFERENT that is actually fun pet-wise.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » November 2nd, 2018, 6:03 am

They very rarely change cosmetic acquisitions for old content. Look at the pet dungeons. Obviously, they have decided the Deadmines method with currency is superior to the bag drop method from Wailing Caverns, based on how they are doing Gnomeregan. They haven’t, however, changed WC to match - and are unlikely to do so.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » November 2nd, 2018, 9:38 am

They will sometimes do stealth buffs to drop rates for old content. I've gotten the Llothien Prowler and Leywoven Carpet mounts and the Wisdomball pet all during BfA. I may have just been lucky, but it feels like an increased drop rate.
Mingyao on Madoran

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » November 2nd, 2018, 10:15 am

GormanGhaste wrote:They will sometimes do stealth buffs to drop rates for old content. I've gotten the Llothien Prowler and Leywoven Carpet mounts and the Wisdomball pet all during BfA. I may have just been lucky, but it feels like an increased drop rate.
That't not evidence that you can draw that conclusion from.

In the rare cases where they've made changes, it's been stated.

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » November 12th, 2018, 12:39 am

GormanGhaste wrote:They will sometimes do stealth buffs to drop rates for old content. I've gotten the Llothien Prowler and Leywoven Carpet mounts and the Wisdomball pet all during BfA. I may have just been lucky, but it feels like an increased drop rate.
and a friend of mine who still dont have the wisdomball has went with 6-7 toons every time kirin tor was up this xpac, still dont have it. still both our examples are anecdotal.
I also had a streak 2014 (I think that was the year) where 3 rare mount drops actually dropped for me in less than 3 days. Didnt make me believe Ashes of alar had gotten a higher drop rate.

On the subject though, devs seemed to aknowledge that the bad mount drops was not a good thing with legions paragon bags, and the felbat was much more common than the mounts already, same for the warden toy. I dont mind this, and that is coming from someone who farmed all the paragon mounts, the last which only dropped this xpac.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 12th, 2018, 11:22 am

Blixtiya wrote:
and a friend of mine who still dont have the wisdomball has went with 6-7 toons every time kirin tor was up this xpac, still dont have it. still both our examples are anecdotal.
I also had a streak 2014 (I think that was the year) where 3 rare mount drops actually dropped for me in less than 3 days. Didnt make me believe Ashes of alar had gotten a higher drop rate.

On the subject though, devs seemed to aknowledge that the bad mount drops was not a good thing with legions paragon bags, and the felbat was much more common than the mounts already, same for the warden toy. I dont mind this, and that is coming from someone who farmed all the paragon mounts, the last which only dropped this xpac.

The worst thing about that wisdom ball was the fact it was tradeable at first. I bought the one and a few weeks later finally got one to drop. I went to cage it up to sell it and it was changed to no longer being tradeable. I sent in multiple tickets complaining about that and was basically told I was sol.
Why everything isn’t trabeable is dumb

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » November 13th, 2018, 9:02 am

I ended up buying the wisdom ball right after it stopped being tradeable (from a guildvault). I still am running the paragon chests for the mounts for the lightforged and the leywoven carpets on four or so toons. 70 nightfallen chests later, I can garuantee the droprate hasn't been increased lol.
Overall, I like the paragon chests, but I felt that the mounts were a bit much (too rare or too many). They did say in a blue reply to it at some point they realized that too and that they would do it differently next time.