Rematch Questions

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Skooch
MVP
Pet Score:12634
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Rematch Questions

Post by Skooch » July 4th, 2021, 6:32 am

Hi,

For Rematch users:

1. I am reading through their notes and they mention backing up the data files. Do you know where/how this is done?

2. Also, I would like to copy my data from one computer to another. Does anyone know which file does this?

Thank you!

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Rematch Questions

Post by Gello » July 5th, 2021, 4:48 pm

All of Rematch's saved settings/data is stored in your WTF folder:

/World of Warcraft/_retail_/WTF/%accountname%/SavedVariables/Rematch.lua

Copy this file from the old computer to the same place on the new computer. (Make sure you're completely exited out of the game on the new computer.) When you next log in you should see all your settings and teams restored.

(I recommend backing up the whole WTF folder now and then in case something happens you can always restore that backup to get everything back.)

A "low tech" way of backing up teams is from Backup All Teams option in the Teams button at the top of the Teams panel. This will open a dialog with all your teams in text form that you can copy and paste into a text file (or email or anything) and then restore them back with the Import Teams option from the same Teams button.

The former will produce a "higher fidelity" backup/restore, since your settings, queue, team tabs, etc. will be restored as well. The latter is basically so you don't lose *everything* when the game crashes while it exits or some other accident.

Skooch
MVP
Pet Score:12634
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Rematch Questions

Post by Skooch » July 6th, 2021, 3:52 pm

Thank you! 8-)