Automatically open Pet tab in Collections?

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Caliban
Top Rater
Pet Score:13456
Realm:Anachronos-eu
Automatically open Pet tab in Collections?

Post by Caliban » September 11th, 2020, 6:24 am

Is there a way, by way of addon or normally, to right away have the Pet tab open when you open Collections? Right now any time I open Collections, it opens on the Toy Box tab.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Automatically open Pet tab in Collections?

Post by Quintessence » September 11th, 2020, 2:31 pm

There's a key you can bind to access your Pet Journal directly.

Hit Escape > Key Bindings > Interface Panel (6th option down on the left) > scroll down on the right and set a keybind for "Toggle Pet Journal"

You can remove the keybind for Collections (Toggle Collections in the list), and assign that keybind to Toggle Pet Journal instead. For myself, I removed the Collections keybind altogether, and just use SHIFT+P to open the journal.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Caliban
Top Rater
Pet Score:13456
Realm:Anachronos-eu

Post by Caliban » September 12th, 2020, 2:46 am

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much :)

Daedrynn
Top Rater
Pet Score:12984
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Daedrynn » July 31st, 2023, 2:16 am

Quintessence wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 2:31 pm
Hit Escape > Key Bindings > Interface Panel (6th option down on the left) > scroll down on the right and set a keybind for "Toggle Pet Journal"

You can remove the keybind for Collections (Toggle Collections in the list), and assign that keybind to Toggle Pet Journal instead. For myself, I removed the Collections keybind altogether, and just use SHIFT+P to open the journal.
I know this thread is old but I'm hoping you can help me. I have followed your instructions and bound Shift-P to my BattlePet Window. Now I would like to bind one of the buttons on my bar so I can just click the button with my mouse to open that window. Is that possible?

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » July 31st, 2023, 3:37 am

Create this macro:

Code: Select all

/run if not InCombatLockdown() then ToggleCollectionsJournal(2) else print("In combat. Try again later.") end
And if you're not in combat it will show/hide the collection window at the pet tab.

For the macro's icon, if you'd like it to be the pet journal icon, to save you potentially hours looking for it (I don't think it's in there), after the macro is created, in the following replace Macro Name with the name of your new macro and paste it into chat. (This is only needed once so no need for a macro for this.) It will set the icon of the macro named "Macro Name" (or whatever you call it; quotes needed) to the same one as the pet journal:

Code: Select all

/run EditMacro("Macro Name",nil,"INV_Pet_BattlePetTraining")