Is there a way to search pets by attack type?

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Crump1970
Pet Score:1834
Realm:Hellscream-us
Is there a way to search pets by attack type?

Post by Crump1970 » April 23rd, 2019, 9:53 pm

I would like to easily search my pet database for type of attack (Not certain ones like "bleed")
for example I would like to fight using a beast that has magic attacks. I use a few popular add ones but
None have this ability. I have to mouse over every beast and their attacks looking for a magic attack.
I saw some posts referencing the family battle achievements, "beast mode", "critters.." etc... I do not need
A predetermined list of what pets to choose per battle, I like to choose my own teams and being able to
Quickly find the pet that has certain attack types would save me lots of time!

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Is there a way to search pets by attack type?

Post by Gello » April 24th, 2019, 11:08 am

Not to dissuade your search or any others' suggestion, but Rematch's "strong vs" filter is intended to filter all pets that have a specific attack type, albeit less directly than you're after.

Magic attacks are "strong" (do more damage) against Flyers. So if you filter "type" Beasts and "strong vs" Flyers, you'll get a list of all beasts with magic attacks. Note that this excludes utility magic effects like Moon Dance in the picture below (the attacks that meet the filter have a gold border) and only searches for damaging magic attacks. And in a few instances Blizzard has tagged an ability to not be a utility spell, so there are some rare false positives.