Family Fighter Helper?!

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu
Family Fighter Helper?!

Post by Flohsakk » August 1st, 2017, 5:59 pm

@Gello

With the latest 7.3 PTR build Blizzard added Achievements to upcoming Argus Pet Battles with specific pet types only. I think it will be similar to Family Familiar so is there a chance that you add the new Meta Achievement to FF Helper or create a seprate reverse tracker addon?
I will also check the FF Helper thread for the needs but feel free to let us know here, what things are important to do it if you're interested (please! ;) )

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Family Fighter Helper?!

Post by Quintessence » August 2nd, 2017, 12:02 am

I would also like to request a Family Fighter Helper addon please and thank you!

Family Familiar Helper was such a huge...well, help ;) while working on the achievement; it would be convenient to have the same set up again for the Argus version of the pet family challenges.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » August 2nd, 2017, 12:08 am

I noticed that too. It shouldn't be difficult. It may be better to have the same addon with tabs. One tab for Family Familiar, other tab for Family Fighter. I'll take a closer look this weekend.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 2nd, 2017, 12:30 am

That would be nice. I still keep this addon out of gratitude, aswell as because I hope one day I would fill *all* gaps. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 6th, 2017, 3:17 am

Gello wrote:I noticed that too. It shouldn't be difficult. It may be better to have the same addon with tabs. One tab for Family Familiar, other tab for Family Fighter. I'll take a closer look this weekend.
Sounds like a good solution.....

And +1 on the number of requests from me..

Gello

Post by Gello » August 7th, 2017, 11:32 am

1.1.0 just posted has Family Fighter support. I've not had a chance to get to Argus on the PTR so it's not thoroughly tested (as you can see by my progress below!):

It's also "future proofed" so adding future achievement tabs is a simple matter of plugging in achievementIDs and npcIDs (unless they do something weird like name criteria differently than the npcs, npcs become untargetable like challenge posts, etc).

The npc names and tab names are localized by grabbing their text from the achievements. I may widen the window a tiny bit for Corrupted Blood of Argus. But if lots of stuff is truncated in other languages, let me know and I may do a smaller font (or an option for a smaller font).

Also note on the PTR, at least for me, credit for the 10 Family Familiar sub-achievements did copy over, but the individual criteria did not copy over. Which leads to a weird situation where there's green checks across the bottom of the window but no pet types are lit up. This is an issue with the PTR and nothing that can be fixed. (Before it would put a 0 there because it was counting the total pet types done and doing a check if it was 12+; since the number of pet types needed to beat changes now, it ignores the total and puts a check if the achievement is complete--or it should!)

Let me know if it's not working as expected. I'll try to get some free time this week to unlock Argus and stuff on the PTR.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » August 8th, 2017, 2:31 am

Nice, thank you!

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » August 8th, 2017, 3:58 am

Gello wrote:1.1.0 just posted has Family Fighter support. I've not had a chance to get to Argus on the PTR so it's not thoroughly tested (as you can see by my progress below!):

It's also "future proofed" so adding future achievement tabs is a simple matter of plugging in achievementIDs and npcIDs (unless they do something weird like name criteria differently than the npcs, npcs become untargetable like challenge posts, etc).

The npc names and tab names are localized by grabbing their text from the achievements. I may widen the window a tiny bit for Corrupted Blood of Argus. But if lots of stuff is truncated in other languages, let me know and I may do a smaller font (or an option for a smaller font).

Also note on the PTR, at least for me, credit for the 10 Family Familiar sub-achievements did copy over, but the individual criteria did not copy over. Which leads to a weird situation where there's green checks across the bottom of the window but no pet types are lit up. This is an issue with the PTR and nothing that can be fixed. (Before it would put a 0 there because it was counting the total pet types done and doing a check if it was 12+; since the number of pet types needed to beat changes now, it ignores the total and puts a check if the achievement is complete--or it should!)

Let me know if it's not working as expected. I'll try to get some free time this week to unlock Argus and stuff on the PTR.
One small thing:

In order to keep it "future proofed", could you please sort the achievements-tabs new->old (picture shows old->new), as that will (most likely) be the one people work most on..

Gello

Post by Gello » August 8th, 2017, 5:21 am

It remembers the last tab you were on, and automatically switches to the new tab if you target something in the new tab. I'll see how it works/feels when I get to Argus but it may be the order doesn't matter.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » August 8th, 2017, 6:29 am

Offtopic: @Gello do you need the coordinates (the not-zone-wise coords from the script) for these 18 pets to put icons on the map or something like this (remember you had something like Battle Pet Daily Tamer)? Was not needed for Broken Shore ones because only 4 are active and shown with the Green Paw WQ icon, but with the Argus ones all being active and only one shown as WQ it could be nice to have it.

Gello

Post by Gello » August 8th, 2017, 6:39 am

Thank you for the offer! But I should be fine. I have a system now for gathering coordinates that's pretty effortless.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » August 8th, 2017, 6:42 am

Gello wrote:It remembers the last tab you were on, and automatically switches to the new tab if you target something in the new tab. I'll see how it works/feels when I get to Argus but it may be the order doesn't matter.
That's good to know, but.....

In the event that FF-achievements become so popular (i.e. many many more in the future) that the tabs will grow out of the right side of the window, it'll be the newest achievement that suffers :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol:
In that case, it's better it's the oldest achievement that goes out of sight, than the newest..

Gello

Post by Gello » December 5th, 2017, 1:40 am

So much for future proofing :D The new Family Brawler doesn't have NPCs but is instead a counter.

My plan at the moment is to have Brawl #1, Brawl #2, etc down the left up to Brawl #10. Then the columns remain the different types and it will be kinda like progress bars that light up downward from the top.

However, having the types listed down the left and the 10 type icons lighting up from left to right would look more aesthetically pleasing, even if it's totally inconsistent. It's worth experimenting.

But I'm open to suggestions if any have ideas!

Azrihel
Pet Score:10784
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Azrihel » July 15th, 2018, 7:19 am

Will we still be able to work on The Family Fighter Achievement after this upcoming patch on Tuesday?

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 10th, 2018, 1:19 am

FYI

New achievement comming in v8.1..

Will addon be updated?

Gello

Post by Gello » October 15th, 2018, 11:21 am

Sorry for late reply. I definitely have plans to update it before 8.1 launches.

Gello

Post by Gello » October 29th, 2018, 12:19 pm

This addon is updated at wowinterface and (eventually) at curse/twitch. If you're on a 8.1 client it will add a Family Battler tab. If you're on a 8.0 client it will only show the three existing tabs. Let me know if there's any issues!

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 31st, 2018, 12:29 am

Gello wrote:This addon is updated at wowinterface and (eventually) at curse/twitch. If you're on a 8.1 client it will add a Family Battler tab. If you're on a 8.0 client it will only show the three existing tabs. Let me know if there's any issues!
Ehm.. Live server.. Right now.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 5th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Fix uploaded. Sorry it took so long.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » November 7th, 2018, 2:22 am

Gello wrote:Fix uploaded.
Fix confirmed :D

Feature request: A check box called "Hide completed trainers"
Explanation: If all families (Mech, Dragon, etc) is completed on the active trainer, window should not be displayed.