Need help finding an addon

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Motrin
Pet Score:8329
Realm:Stormrage-us
Need help finding an addon

Post by Motrin » March 26th, 2017, 12:02 am

Looking for an addon that lets you sort your pets by ability. Thanks.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Need help finding an addon

Post by Jerebear » March 26th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Grayworm wrote:Looking for an addon that lets you sort your pets by ability. Thanks.
Can you be a bit more specific? Ability type, name, text?

Rematch allows a lot of this kind of stuff.

For example, you can search for all pets with abilities strong vs elementals that have the text "double damage" in one of their abilities. Lots of other options.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Dethstruxion
Top Rater
Pet Score:5967
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu

Re: Need help finding an addon

Post by Dethstruxion » June 13th, 2017, 3:31 pm

I was sorta looking for that as well, but then i realized that you can search on ability name.
Although it is not actually sorting pets, but that would be pretty difficult anyway.
How would you order them, choosing Meteor Strike will only put 4 pets in a group, and choosing Magic abilities is not going to narrow things down much either, because some pets have multiple family abilities.

Best thing would be to just search for the specific abilities, on here or in the WoW pet collection itself.
One thing is annoying though, some abilities are the same as other ones, the only difference being is the name and family it associates with. Which can lead to pets being overlooked because i dont know the other name of the similar ability.
Like Bleat vs Haunted Song, or Swarm/Stampede vs Flock etc.
(maybe a tip for the site to put up a "similar ability to" for comparison? If it is already there, then ignore this :)

What also is annoying is that some abilities share icons with other abilities, like Consume Corpse vs Creepy Chomp, sometimes i picked a pet because i thought it had Consume, but in battle it turned out the be a Chomp, that is my fault of course, but it can be confusing when you're sifting through pets, luckily that only happened twice, with the same pet as well (Creepy Crate).