(???) Pet battle ID

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Glixx
(???) Pet battle ID

Post by Glixx » September 8th, 2016, 8:45 am

Has anyone had any issues with the pet ID being (???)?
I've been coming across a good amount of them, and unfortunately have had to catch some rare pets with that ID. I've reinstalled the addon and have the same outcome. Didn't know if there was a way to fix this, other than trying to catch another pet. Thought this might be on blizzards end possibly.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: (???) Pet battle ID

Post by Paladance » September 8th, 2016, 11:42 am

Does it happen against the low levels only?

Some wild low level pets display equal stats on several breeds because of the rounding.
Addons can't get access to more exact values and therefore they can't display a particular breed.

BPBID indeed shows ??? in these cases, and when you mouseover the pet frame, you get a list of possible breeds for the given numbers.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Glixx

Post by Glixx » September 8th, 2016, 7:36 pm

Nursery Spider, Fawn, & Black Lamb are some that come to mind. Seems every rare I come across for fawn and black lamb are ???. As for the spider, I didn't want to drop another 150 or whatever it was to find out LOL.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 8th, 2016, 8:33 pm

You have to understand that wow doesn't give you the breeds. The addons have to deduce them from the stats using some equations. At extremely low levels multiple different breeds can math out to the same stats. The addons can't tell at that point.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » October 21st, 2016, 9:34 am

Jerebear wrote:You have to understand that wow doesn't give you the breeds. The addons have to deduce them from the stats using some equations. At extremely low levels multiple different breeds can math out to the same stats. The addons can't tell at that point.
A bit late ... but yeah ... if you do Level 1-4 or 5 at Orgrimmar, for example, many of the pets have ??? ... and you get the idea quickly that it is difficult to tell which way the pet will go, when their stats are 10-10! For example.