Switch Pet 'oldschool'

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Trond
Pet Score:8266
Realm:Anachronos-eu
Switch Pet 'oldschool'

Post by Trond » July 30th, 2016, 8:23 am

Hi all =)

I liked the old way of swtiching pets in a battle better than the method I have to use now. Anyone know of an addon to change this back?

To make it clearer I'll show some googlepics.
This is how I want it to be:
4608.jpg
4608.jpg (194.83KiB)Viewed 5525 times
and this is the BAD BAD method that I wanne get rid off ;)
7421da8d331639ae2faa97f136281bd3.png
7421da8d331639ae2faa97f136281bd3.png (178.06KiB)Viewed 5525 times
--
Trond

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: Switch Pet 'oldschool'

Post by Drudatz » July 30th, 2016, 8:44 am

I strongly DOUBT that this is the old version. I am playing since pet battles existed and I have never seen your "OLD" screen - You sure you dont use an addon?
(And you NEVER could switch between 6 pets...)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 30th, 2016, 8:45 am

The window the OP is looking for is a part of PetTracker UI. So I guess they just need to check/reinstall/update the addon.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Trond

Post by Trond » July 30th, 2016, 9:01 am

Drudatz: You may be kinda right, but you can not switch between more than 3 in this picture aswell, the 3 other pets are the other team =)
Oh, so you mean wow always looked like now when it comes to switching pets in battle? Thats weird, I cannot remember seeing it, so I guess I must have had an addon since very early after I came back to wow :P

You probably right, Paladance, I've had to turn that addon off due to errors but I will try with it on to make sure.

Thanks for replies so far, I will test PetTracker now and Edit this post after.

EDIT: Indeed. It is PetTracker that does this :D I feel a lil' bit stupid now, lol

Anyways, what I am looking for then, is some other addon that does the same thing as PetTracker with regards to Switching Pet in battle, but without those errors =)
--
Trond

Vongalin
MVP
Pet Score:9331
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Vongalin » July 30th, 2016, 9:14 am

I've never been a fan of PetTracker, but I do like the PetSwitcher (was hoping a similar option would be added to Rematch so I can ditch PT altogether).

Anyway...if all you want if the switcher, just copy the PetTracker and PetTracker_Switcher to your Addons folder and ignore the rest of the folders in the addon ZIP file. This way you can get the switcher w/o all the other parts of the addon.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » July 30th, 2016, 9:53 am

Trond wrote:Drudatz: You may be kinda right, but you can not switch between more than 3 in this picture aswell, the 3 other pets are the other team =)
Yeah I figured that after I edited my post for spelling and was to lazy to edit again.
Trond wrote:Oh, so you mean wow always looked like now when it comes to switching pets in battle?
Yes, since MoP Beta :p and with BattlePetBinds I am quit happy it does - keyboard pet battles ftw!
Anyways, what I am looking for then, is some other addon that does the same thing as PetTracker with regards to Switching Pet in battle, but without those errors =)
Then be PATIENCE and wait till the Addon is fixed?
Or even better learn some lua and fix it yourself :p

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » July 30th, 2016, 9:57 am

Drudatz wrote:
Trond wrote:Drudatz: You may be kinda right, but you can not switch between more than 3 in this picture aswell, the 3 other pets are the other team =)
Yeah I figured that after I edited my post for spelling and was to lazy to edit again.
Trond wrote:Oh, so you mean wow always looked like now when it comes to switching pets in battle?
Yes, since MoP Beta :p and with BattlePetBinds I am quit happy it does - keyboard pet battles ftw!

PS: @Quintessence - Another rpove we NEED an Addon subforum (pretty please? *puppy eyes*)

Trond

Post by Trond » July 30th, 2016, 11:16 am

Hehe, I stopped playing after cata came out and camer back at 6.1 (I think it was) so...

I use PetBattleBinds myself, and I love it, but sometimes I wanne see some of the info that the petswitcher from pettracker shows, and thats when I miss it.

I will take a look at using just parts of the addon to get what I want, and maybe 'borrow' some of the code some day to make my own addon... I would love to have PT working, but I have my own addons that I have to figure out and fix since prepatch, so I'll try to fix those first =)

Patience is not something I'm familiar with I must admit :P. There have been a fix about a week ago or so for PT, but it still creates a load of errors and trouble for me (and others).

Oh, and maybe there is a need for an addon forum here, also, look at the name of my guild and tell me thats not a sign...

EDIT: I took out the line for dependency with pettracker in the petswitcher tocfile, and voila, it loads without the rest of the pettracker files being on (the folders are still in my addons folder though, will try load it without the other folders later). So yeah, a s**tload of thanks for giving me that idea, I'm now a much happier petbattler than I have been since Legion came out =)
--
Trond

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » July 31st, 2016, 9:55 am

Drudatz wrote: PS: @Quintessence - Another rpove we NEED an Addon subforum (pretty please? *puppy eyes*)
i do second that :roll: ;)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » July 31st, 2016, 5:57 pm

Drudatz wrote:
Drudatz wrote:

PS: @Quintessence - Another rpove we NEED an Addon subforum (pretty please? *puppy eyes*)
I've contacted the other Blue's to see if this is something that could be worked on at some point, however it might not always be possible/a quick implementation as Breanni often has paperwork taller then the gnome she is.... However, if there is a real demand/use for this I'm sure something could be implemented at some point.

Sorry for being vague but as there are no promises at this stage, I'll do a Blizz style 'We hear your feedback' and you should hopefully hear more from us 'Soon™'

:P

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » July 31st, 2016, 6:07 pm

Azaelia wrote: Sorry for being vague but as there are no promises at this stage, I'll do a Blizz style 'We hear your feedback' and you should hopefully hear more from us 'Soon™'

:P
:lol: :lol: :lol: love it

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 31st, 2016, 9:13 pm

Hi,

Pet Tracker has a nice thing ... it shows the spells for the opponent, and thus make it much easier to know when they will be using this or that, which helps you reply better, and not get pasted as easily, because you failed to read the dialogue screen, for blahblah did this and cast that.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 1st, 2016, 2:52 am

PetTracker used to have some strange things, though it works quite stable to me ATM (still, the map no longer shows if a daily is completed).

The problem lies in a fact that its developer prefers to bring the updates in waves (he has a lot of addons to keep an an eye I believe). He also gets a lot of tickets that are trashy or duplicated, what makes him more and more bitter about them I guess. :(

Probably there also are internal flaws in the flexibility of UI itself.

And going with total off-topic, the statistics of a lot of NPC pets, both in PetTracker and BPBID, are wrong.
Whether it's a Wowhead's flaw, API flaw, or something else, I don't know.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507