Family Familiar Helper

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu
Re: Family Familiar Helper

Post by Aranesh » July 11th, 2016, 6:02 am

I found a small loophole with the World Quests that makes it much faster - probably will be changed before release though.

If you level a character to 110 without unlocking World Quests, you can still see and battle the pet tamers that are up on a given day. Without the quest however, you can endlessly repeat the fights, earn pet XP, and it adds towards the family achievements (confirmed in beta 2 days ago).
It would mean that you only need every tamer up once. On the other hand this specific character would need to skip a zone and would miss out on all the world quest content. Not something many will do just for a pet achievement I assume.

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » July 11th, 2016, 8:32 am

Oops that seems like something Blizzard would want to fix. This feels like an achievement that's intended to keep us occupied for several months.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » July 11th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Aranesh wrote:If you level a character to 110 without unlocking World Quests
Hmm even if I don't wanna know the "trick" I wonder how you can avoid unlocking world quests, wasn't it simply tied to level 110?

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 11th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Flohsakk wrote:
Aranesh wrote:If you level a character to 110 without unlocking World Quests
Hmm even if I don't wanna know the "trick" I wonder how you can avoid unlocking world quests, wasn't it simply tied to level 110?
Isn't there required a friendly rep with area hubs aswell? ^^

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 11th, 2016, 3:55 pm

Edit: Since this seemed exploit-y, I PM'ed Developer Jeremy Feasel, but he clarified that it's intended behavior for Pet Battle World Quests. So...go go alts?! :shock:
"Intended behavior, you can start to make progress on the achievement as you level up if you want"
Oh boy, as much as I want to be able to efficiently complete this achievement as soon as I can, this does sound like a potential exploit that should be reported. Probably not intended.

And yea, World Quest Unlocks are tied to level 110, but also requires Friendly with all Broken Isles factions. I think the last one, Suramar, takes a bit of time once you reach max level. So you could simply avoid completing that zone/area and avoid unlocking World Quests for alts.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 11th, 2016, 11:23 pm

That's strange. When I started Beta I could do yellow paws again and again without beeing level 110 (which was great to find 2-pet carry strats). Then we reported the "shouldn't they be tied to level 110" thingy and the next patch I still could see the yellow paw targets but no interaction (< 110) was possible. Some patches later they added the reputation (I missed it, I already had them friendly at this point I think).

So they did a step back and you can interact with yellow paws again without being max-level?
Last edited by Flohsakk on July 12th, 2016, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » July 12th, 2016, 2:13 am

I tried that and you can't interact with them if you're level 100 or 101 (don't have a higher level alt currently).
With a 110 character *without* world quests however, you can pet battle.

Not sure what to think about this, it still feels quite exploit-y. Not so much for the achievement but also the pet XP that you can get very repeatedly.
Thanks for contacting Jeremy and clarifying it @Quintessence :)

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 12th, 2016, 4:09 am

Hmm with Aranesh's confirmation and Muffinus' statement it's even more confusing for me... start making progress on the achievement as you level up but no yellow paw interaction before max level???

Damn we are going offtopic here ;)

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » July 12th, 2016, 7:42 am

And without world quests you don't even see the locations on the map, so you don't know where to look unless you stumble upon a tamer by pure chance :S

Sorry Gello, this really went far off-topic!

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » October 3rd, 2016, 1:45 am

can i just say that this is one of the most helpful pet addons ive used in years, very quickly can tell what i need when i get to the tamer and saves me looking it up. if you are doing this achievement, get this addon. :mrgreen: