Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Saido
Top Rater
Pet Score:9639
Realm:Alleria-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Saido » June 10th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Gello wrote:In SavedVariables the Rematch.lua (or Rematch.lua.bak) would contain all teams, settings, queue, etc everything that the addon saves. It's all in that one file.
Well, not for me. All of that is gone and isn't in any file (neither Rematch.lua nor Rematch.lua.bak -- though the latter could be from back when I first installed the addon?)

Oh well. At least I'm long done with the Celestial Tourney and have all my pets leveled. (I just wish I knew where the saved teams and notes went!)

Saido
Top Rater

Post by Saido » June 12th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Saido wrote:
Gello wrote:In SavedVariables the Rematch.lua (or Rematch.lua.bak) would contain all teams, settings, queue, etc everything that the addon saves. It's all in that one file.
Well, not for me. All of that is gone and isn't in any file (neither Rematch.lua nor Rematch.lua.bak -- though the latter could be from back when I first installed the addon?)

Oh well. At least I'm long done with the Celestial Tourney and have all my pets leveled. (I just wish I knew where the saved teams and notes went!)
Update: So, I wasn't quite ready to give up on Rematch and pet battling, so I went and did another search. Checking the Properties>Previous version on the "empty" Rematch.lua from Jun 12, I saw a June 6 Restore point listed. Viewing this (there was no direct option to Restore since it was a restore point and not a file), I saw some of my team notes at last!

I've temporarily saved this out as "restore_rematch.lua" and wanted to double check next steps so that I don't mess up: I should rename the current file that's in my SavedVariables folder something like "Empty_rematch.lua", then put the file I found (renamed to "Rematch.lua") in its place, correct?

(AND IF THIS WORKS I promise to do a backup and Export immediately !!!)

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » June 12th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Glad you found that!

Yes exactly. Make sure you're exited out of the game completely when you do all this renaming/copying. If you're logged in, the game will ignore every change you've made and restore the empty savedvar over it.

Saido
Top Rater

Post by Saido » June 12th, 2016, 6:49 pm

It worked! It seems to all be back!! Thank you for all your help!

(The default file? 3K. My restored file? 95K. I had a lotta teams and notes!)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » June 13th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Saido wrote:It worked! It seems to all be back!! Thank you for all your help!

Make sure to keep a copy of that puppy handy (email it to yourself for those terrible random hard drive failures). Just incase!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Saido
Top Rater

Post by Saido » June 13th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Saido wrote:It worked! It seems to all be back!! Thank you for all your help!

Make sure to keep a copy of that puppy handy (email it to yourself for those terrible random hard drive failures). Just incase!
Oh for sure, done and done! Backed up, exported, emailed, inscribed on cuneiform tablets...

Gello

Post by Gello » June 16th, 2016, 6:11 am

For anyone interested in testing your existing teams on the PTR (via copying your SavedVariables\Rematch.lua from live to PTR client), I recommend updating to the newest version uploaded this morning (4.4.5) before you copy your teams. Or if you've already done it and all teams are greyed out, exit the game and re-copy the teams and update the addon and they should all have found the correct pets. (Pets that are greyed out means that it couldn't find an exact match to the one saved in the team.)

If you'd like to test your live teams on the PTR and aren't sure how:
  • Exit the game if you're logged in.
  • Go into World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\%accountname%\SavedVariables. Select and Ctrl+C to copy Rematch.lua in this folder.
  • Go to World of Warcraft Public Test\WTF\Acconut\%accountname%\SavedVariables. Delete any Rematch.lua that already exists there and CTRL+V to paste the one copied from the previous step.
  • If you haven't yet, you can copy all your pets from live to the PTR from the Character Copy button at the bottom of the screen. After clicking this click the "Copy Account Data" button at the bottom of the window that pops up. It will copy your pets/mounts from your live account to the PTR.
You can also export a whole bunch of teams from live and import into the PTR to not have to deal with any files, but it won't reliably capture the right breeds if you have max-levelled pets of different breeds.

You'll note that the Pandaren Water Spirit will still "load" Whirlpool in the second ability slot, even though it's been moved to the third slot. The default journal will even believe it's loaded. But when you go into battle the second ability slot will switch to Healing Wave. I'll consider some options to automatically validate abilities so you don't have to go through each team with a PWS and make the change. Though I was hoping the game would validate abilities and the tweaking wouldn't really be necessary.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 16th, 2016, 8:08 pm

I went to wowinterface to get the PTR version, but couldn't find anything more recent than 4.3.7. Where do I look for it?

Gello

Post by Gello » June 16th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Jerebear wrote:I went to wowinterface to get the PTR version, but couldn't find anything more recent than 4.3.7. Where do I look for it?
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23918-Rematch-LegionBeta.html

is the PTR/beta version on wowinterface (4.4.5). It will also work on live too.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 17th, 2016, 10:26 am

Thanks! I was looking at the wrong page (the regular rematch one).

Vongalin
MVP
Pet Score:9331
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Vongalin » June 18th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Good afternoon all,
Forgive me if this is already an option, I looked and didn't see it.

REQ : an option (if possible) that when toggled on would automatically target the pet that you just summoned. Alot of times I stack up my stones and mass upgrade my pets. Summon, click, right-click stone, repeat. If targeted after summon, would save at least one 1 click (or more clicks when the just summoned pet is squirly and/or under an NPC, etc.

Gello

Post by Gello » June 18th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Vongalin wrote:Good afternoon all,
Forgive me if this is already an option, I looked and didn't see it.

REQ : an option (if possible) that when toggled on would automatically target the pet that you just summoned. Alot of times I stack up my stones and mass upgrade my pets. Summon, click, right-click stone, repeat. If targeted after summon, would save at least one 1 click (or more clicks when the just summoned pet is squirly and/or under an NPC, etc.
I would love for this to be possible, but I fear it's not. :(

There was an exploit a few years ago where macros/addons would attempt to target a pet and then choose what to cast based on whether that pet is targeted. If target drops below 20% life, summon a black tabby cat. Your macro attempts to target a black tabby cat: if it does then it will go back to the original target and cast execute; if not it will cast mortal strike or whatever.

As part of the fix for this exploit, Blizzard disabled macros/addons from targeting battle pets completely, much like shaman totems. All addons are totally helpless in helping you target a summoned pet.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » June 27th, 2016, 12:21 am

Hey gello,

something came to my mind while I was working on 2pet strats on beta servers... do you think there is a chance to implement restrictions for a level pet slot? Let's say I have all my level 1-24 pets in my queue but for a single target (id) i want to save a team with a level pet slot that won't choose elementals and only pets with level/hp > X from my list of level pets.

For some tamer fights with heavy team-wide AoE it's nearly impossible to use level 1 pets for a carry and my idea is to share teams (strings) with these restrictions to the level pet.

And thanks again for all your work... yeah rematch updates for beta \o/

Gello

Post by Gello » June 27th, 2016, 4:14 am

Maybe I'm misreading, but this sounds like something you can do with leveling preferences.

Right-click a team and Set Preferences. Then choose a minimum health. While that team is loaded the queue will prefer pets with at least that much health. To have it "skip" elementals, choose that you expect aquatic damage. It will automatically adjust the minimum health of elementals by +50% (and magic by -33%).

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » June 27th, 2016, 11:30 am

:lol: maybe next time I should check if something is already inside, tbh there was so much stuff added, that I stopped reading through all the features at some point (think when it came to battle statistics), because I mostly use rematch for team saving/loading, level pet swap and filter) Sorry! :oops:

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » June 29th, 2016, 1:52 pm

@gello (and other addon makers)

In Legion we will have the achievement "Family Familiar" with all the other sub achievements where the tamers are listed that we have to defeat with a specific pet family.

We'll see 2-3 pet battle world quests per day at max level and then i stand in front of a Legion tamer and ... umph ... do i have to check every single pet family achievement to see if I already did him with critters, dragons etc.? Do I have to start a spreadsheet to cross-check? Wouldn't it be great to have a ingame reverse tracker so I see all the missing pet families for this specific tamer when I target or mouseover him/her?

I'm limited to weakauras & daily global check stuff, but I've found Overachiever that does something similar. So anyone think this is possible and interested in working something out? :geek:

Gello

Post by Gello » July 5th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Flohsakk wrote:@gello (and other addon makers)

In Legion we will have the achievement "Family Familiar" with all the other sub achievements where the tamers are listed that we have to defeat with a specific pet family.

We'll see 2-3 pet battle world quests per day at max level and then i stand in front of a Legion tamer and ... umph ... do i have to check every single pet family achievement to see if I already did him with critters, dragons etc.? Do I have to start a spreadsheet to cross-check? Wouldn't it be great to have a ingame reverse tracker so I see all the missing pet families for this specific tamer when I target or mouseover him/her?

I'm limited to weakauras & daily global check stuff, but I've found Overachiever that does something similar. So anyone think this is possible and interested in working something out? :geek:
Sorry to take so long to get back to this. I'll see if I can push to get reputations to start world quests by this weekend (made the push to 110 over the holiday weekend at last). It shouldn't take more than a couple hours to whip something up once I'm able to get the achievements for testing purposes.

Envisioning a separate addon you can either toggle a window or have it automatically open when you target one of the 15 tamers. It will be a chart with 15 rows, tamer names down the left, 10 pet families/types across the top, with totals across at the bottom, and a green check in every combination you've completed. When you have 12 total in a column you know you're done with that pet family. Probably the tamer you're interacting with (if there is one) will have a 'select' bar to highlight its row, and mouseover highlight for the columns for readability. If I feel ambitious maybe it can put buttons for the pets alongside the tamers so you can build teams.

It sounds like a fun project. I look forward to seeing what will come of it!

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 5th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Gello wrote:It sounds like a fun project. I look forward to seeing what will come of it!
Think Aranesh (@XuFusPetguide), @Cymre, me (@patf0rd) and some other people in the forum can help testing it, some tamers we've seen a few times already so we started to limit our teams to single pet familys. Think with wowhead it's not so hard to find NPC & achievement IDs, but if you need help on something like that.. or with tradeable pets let us know! Do you use twitter?

Gello

Post by Gello » July 5th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Flohsakk wrote:
Gello wrote:It sounds like a fun project. I look forward to seeing what will come of it!
Think Aranesh (@XuFusPetguide), @Cymre, me (@patf0rd) and some other people in the forum can help testing it, some tamers we've seen a few times already so we started to limit our teams to single pet familys. Think with wowhead it's not so hard to find NPC & achievement IDs, but if you need help on something like that.. or with tradeable pets let us know! Do you use twitter?
I will probably take you guys up on that offer. I've done quite a bit of research and have almost all npcIDs and speciesIDs for the battles involved (and achievementIDs I can get in-game) after going through wowhead/google/etc, but there are still some missing holes. I'll make a separate thread over in the PTR/beta forum, thanks!

Vongalin
MVP
Pet Score:9331
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Vongalin » July 18th, 2016, 9:17 am

Hello Gello and fellow Collectors,
Is it possible to add a sort-of 'Export' option ? I know that you cannot directly write to files, etc. from an addon, but the copy/paste like your Team backup works great.

Here is what I am thinking. The 'Export' would be similar to your 'Backup All Teams' option where it populates a text box where we can copy/paste out of the game. The 'Export' would only contain data that is applied to the current set of filters only. This allows us so much flexibility in the exported data.

The Rematch filtering system is second to none. I think this would be a great way to utilize the power of your filters outside of the game. We could export all types of different filtered data. For example, for 'Pets Not 25'. I am trying to figure out how many stones I need to upgrade everyone and since the export would contain the level data, easy enough to calculate in Excel. I know alot of us Pet Collectors are spreadsheet junkies and could use the exported data in many ways.

Each line in the 'Export' would use a | as the separator and would contain as much data as needed. I don't think we need a selectable set of fields, may be easier to export all and then we clean it up in our spreadsheets. Since Rematch displays alot of data, I'm not sure if the data is actually available for export or not. Here is an example of the export data format :

ID|Name|Level|Health|Attack|Speed|Breed|Ability1A|Ability1B|Ability2A|Ability2B|Ability3A|Ability3B
AbilityXA and AbilityXB would be the names of the slotted Abilities. For example, for Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling Ability1A would be Breath and Ability2A would be Flyby.

Rematch is our one-stop-shop for almost everything pet related. Since all the information is here, this would eliminate the need for so many cross-references from different sites, addons, etc.

Tell me what you think. Hopefully it is something that you would consider.
Thank you for your time.