Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Gello » September 16th, 2017, 5:55 am

Zobaka wrote:the option "ignore this slot" doesn't seem to work at all, it always loads the pet i last used in this spot, never leaving the box empty.
am i missing somthing?
Unfortunately no addon can empty a slot anymore. That hasn't been possible since the start of WoD expansion.

The intent of "ignored" slots is to leave the slot alone. It will skip over, or ignore, whatever is in a slot while it loads the rest of the team. Typically, the pet loaded in that slot last will remain.

One purpose of the ignored slot is a "low tech" leveling slot. You can manually slot a leveling pet and it will remain while the rest of the team loads around it.

Another purpose is for the Elekk achievement An Awfully Big Adventure or any future achievements like it. You can put an Elekk in an ignored slot and be reasonably sure it will remain.

Zobaka
Pet Score:4625
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Zobaka » September 16th, 2017, 6:51 am

thanks for the answer

Odinsv
Pet Score:8551
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Odinsv » December 4th, 2017, 8:51 am

Gello,

Sorry if this was already answered, but I am trying to work with the new PetTag in Rematch and I have some of it figured out, but I am getting stuck on the species part. I think the main part I am stuck with is converting the base10 species id to base32 which you are using.

For instance, lets take the Squirt encounter.

Here is the text-based version:

Code: Select all

Deebs, Tyri and Puzzle (Squirt NPC#79179)

1: Enchanted Broom (1,2,1)
2: Weebomination (1,1,1)
3: Leveling Slot
This was imported from wow-petguide.

If I go into the game, and export this team now, it will give me the following:

Code: Select all

Deebs, Tyri and Puzzle:2DAB:12106L:11101BI:ZL:
I know, from reading your examples in the LUA files and from here:
  • 2DAB is the NPCidfor this team (not worried about this yet as I think the next will answer it)
  • 12106L is the Enchanged Broom PetTag
This is where my issue is. Reading from left to right:
  • 121 means 1st ability, 2nd ability, then 1st ability
  • 0 means there is no Breed Id
  • which leaves 6L as the species id???
How can me, the common man, convert this? The species id for Enchanted Broom is 213. The only "conversion table" I have sort of found was base32hex (aka Triacontakaidecimal),which uses the 0-V values. But, this is not getting me anywere becase 6=6 and L=21. No math has been able to get me to 213. Im assuming this is not the correct conversion table I am using.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I would like to start using the new PetTags but I think I am not understanding the translation.

Gello

Post by Gello » December 4th, 2017, 9:26 am

If you add a second parameter to lua's tonumber, it will convert a string to a number from that base. In this case tonumber("string",32) to convert a base-32 number:

local speciesID = tonumber("6L",32)
-- speciesID is now 213

For a more "manual" approach, in that 6=6 and L=21 you have, multiply 6 by 32 and add it to 21, to get 192+21 or 213.

In base 10, the rightmost digit is multiplied by 10^0 (or 1), the next by 10^1 (or 10), and the next by 10^2 (or 100).
In base 32, the rightmost digit is multiplied by 32^0 (or 1), the next by 32^1 (or 32), and the next by 32^2 (or 1024).

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Odinsv

Post by Odinsv » December 4th, 2017, 10:42 am

Thanks Gello,

I think I got it now.

So, for example, if I had a species id of '123' (not real id that I know of), the 'actual' id would be:
1*32*32 + 2*32 + 3 = 1088

I understand the basics of reading LUA, but I have no clue on how to write it. This was just a way for me to convert to the new system as I think you are right about it helping with future id changes to actions/spells by Blizzard

Gello

Post by Gello » December 4th, 2017, 3:12 pm

1*32*32 + 2*32 + 3 is exactly right; though the total is 1091. You may have forgot the +3 in the total.

Odinsv

Post by Odinsv » December 4th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Haha...good catch. Must not have had my 2nd cup of coffee yet!

There may be an easier way, but I was trying to understand the base32 so that I can create a spreadsheet that can populate all of the data for me. I have it right where I want it. Basically, I can plug in the fight name, and the names of each pet and it builds the string for me using the new method. I understand the old method still works for imports, but I want to get used to the new method as well as the ability to select breed (which I dont think we were capable of in the old method).

Thanks again for the help. Hopefully I can share this with others and it may help them as well. Now, if only we could import the script with the team import string, then this would be magical. I mean, it already is great, but I like to automate as much as possible.

Odinsv

Post by Odinsv » December 13th, 2017, 9:17 am

Gello,

Going through wow-petguide, I noticed there was an NPC/pet battle missing from the Rematch addon.

Site: wowhead
NPC: 115307
Name: Algalon the Observer

Can you please add to the next version of your addon?

Gello

Post by Gello » December 13th, 2017, 9:48 am

Will do thanks for heads up!

Gello

Post by Gello » March 6th, 2018, 8:40 am

Is anyone having problems caging pets with Rematch enabled?

A couple people on curse are reporting that they can't cage a pet while Rematch is enabled, but can when it's disabled. One even tested with Rematch as the only addon enabled, to rule out a conflict with another addon.

I'm curious if this is a more widespread problem. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it and have run out of ideas to the cause.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 11th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Gello wrote:Is anyone having problems caging pets with Rematch enabled?

A couple people on curse are reporting that they can't cage a pet while Rematch is enabled, but can when it's disabled. One even tested with Rematch as the only addon enabled, to rule out a conflict with another addon.

I'm curious if this is a more widespread problem. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it and have run out of ideas to the cause.
What version are they using? I have no trouble with 4.7.10, but I haven't updated in a while.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 15th, 2018, 4:39 am

I did some caging and learning and re-caging of pets last ween for the Critter event, and just tried again now. No problems. Running 4.7.11.

Gello

Post by Gello » April 20th, 2018, 9:34 am

For anyone in the alpha/beta, Rematch spectacularly explodes in 8.0. The good news is I enjoy this kind of troubleshooting. The bad news is I have a major project to work on this weekend and next week so I won't get time to log onto the BfA servers until the following weekend. But I'll make it a priority as free time allows.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » April 21st, 2018, 12:14 am

Gello wrote:For anyone in the alpha/beta, Rematch spectacularly explodes in 8.0. The good news is I enjoy this kind of troubleshooting. The bad news is I have a major project to work on this weekend and next week so I won't get time to log onto the BfA servers until the following weekend. But I'll make it a priority as free time allows.
Well you are quite spectacular, so it makes sense your addon explodes thus.

Gello

Post by Gello » May 5th, 2018, 6:21 pm

For those in the beta, there's a version up on wowinterface that will work now:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24630-Rematch.html

If you find any bugs or unexpected behavior you can post them here or send me a PM on wowinterface or curse.

Thanks!

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » May 5th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Gello wrote:For those in the beta, there's a version up on wowinterface that will work now:

If you find any bugs or unexpected behavior you can post them here or send me a PM on wowinterface or curse.

Thanks!
Once they implement some character copy, I'll try and do some testing for ya! They are being slow about it this time around though.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 10th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Gello wrote:For those in the beta, there's a version up on wowinterface that will work now:

Thanks!
Nothing unexpected yet, but wanted to relay what I initially did for data purposes:

1. Installed Rematch into wow while running wow (just the zip extraction part, no reloads or whatever)
2. Copied my live server rematch.lua settings to my beta installs counterpart
3. Exited out of beta and restarted
4. typed /rematch

It came up no problems. Since I didn't have any pets loaded in my battle pet slots yet the default team it had ready had all question marks. I found a team with no carry pet and loaded it which forced all of my slots to have a pet and then the teams seem to all work as expected (at least all the ones I have tried so far).

This was all done on a toon that was account copied and character copied.

I'll let you know if I run into anything wierd

EDIT: I was running rematch 4.7.10 on live, so that is the settings file version I pulled from if you want that for records.

Gello

Post by Gello » June 10th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Cool thanks for putting it through its paces. I've done some more testing and so far only found an issue with pet treat buffs. I should have a fix posted later today.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 11:28 am

Just a random thought I had, maybe worth considering. I mention it, for what it is worth.

How many times have I used this pet in a battle?

Now, you could get fancy, with how many times in PvP vs. PvE, or this battle vs. that battle, or this breed vs. that breed, and I'll leave it to others to consider the usefulness of those breakdowns.

Right now, I am trying to compose a recommended list for someone who is past the obvious Most Important 100. I am scanning down a spreadsheet of my pets, and asking myself "do I recognise that one?" :P

While this is clearly a very niche application, I have often wished, while trying to compose a team, that I could sort my list by "Old Reliables". I have, less often but occasionally, wished I could identify a list of "Pets I've never played".

Gello

Post by Gello » June 12th, 2018, 1:28 pm

It's not exactly what you're asking, but you can filter pets that are in teams or not. (Though if you list pets that aren't in a team, it will also list duplicates of pets that are in a team; a script filter can exclude those too.)

The number of wins per pet is indirectly recorded in the teams' win records if that option is enabled. A script filter could conceivably list all pets that have won like 50 battles or some arbitrary number. I'll write one up later tonight when I get home. Unfortunately there is no "script sort" to sort pets by a new stat like that.

Implementing a sort by wins from win records may be possible. I'll give it some serious consideration. But if added it would 100% absolutely be based on speciesID and not specific pets or breeds. *insert rant about server petID reassignments and lack of breed API*

edit: This would of course only sort pets that are stored in a team and how many times the team has won. Making a separate log independent of teams may add a lot of baggage for a relatively niche feature. (Though I agree it would be very neat!)