Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Gello » October 10th, 2022, 5:23 am

Thanks for the data. I also found Haniko's location on Xu-fu and inferred its pets from strategies posted there. Gwosh was a new one I hadn't encountered before.

I suspect the addon transition into Dragonflight is going to be rough overall. Relatively big differences between PTR and beta is really complicating things (with similar build dates; so it's not like PTR is just lagging beta). Names work fine on PTR for instance.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » October 10th, 2022, 7:48 am

Sorry, haven't deleted Gwosh. He's just a one-time fight as part of a short quest chain "introducing" pet battles and helping people to get started with some pets, bandages, and training stones. His stats are so weak, we decided to not even put it on XuFu's, because it's almost impossible to lose.

And yeah, guess they finally split up PTR & Beta with the last 2 Builds.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » October 27th, 2022, 1:23 am

Nothing that will affect the functionality... the rectangle for expanding the minimized window is intended, you won't use the expand arrow that is used by Blizzard for their map? And I call it a rectangle, cause this one (and the lock) looks like a square that hasn't been scaled in all directions by the same amount, but I guess trying that would cause weird overlaps with the frame because these icons have their own borders.

Gello

Post by Gello » October 27th, 2022, 4:31 am

I considered the "maximize" arrow on the map; except it feels wrong with some anchoring options since it implies (to me) the direction of growth of the window. And in the not-too-distant future, there will be even more anchoring options (and tabs will go to top of window if using a top anchor)

So direction will be even more important. So I went with the direction-agnostic rectangle like Windows and some Linux DEs use for the maximize button.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » October 27th, 2022, 5:27 am

That makes sense, thanks for explaining!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 21st, 2022, 12:16 am

Feature suggestion:
With Blizzard having changed things, so pets can be upgraded, without being summoned, an idea for a new feature came into my mind.

What if (when on the Queue-tab) the bottom (or top) of the queue-window, displayed 6 new icons: <Class> Battle-Training Stone, Flawless Battle-Training Stone, Flawless <Class> Battle-Stone, Flawless Battle-Stone, Immaculate <Class> Battle-Stone, Immaculate Battle-Stone
Or maybe just 3 icons, when a key (e.g. Alt) could switch between stones for specific class and generic.
The class-based stone should auto-switch to match the pet, first in the queue.

So, clicking the icon, simply applies the stone in question to the first pet in the queue.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 21st, 2022, 6:30 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have two new buttons coming to the toolbar that automatically switch depending on what pet you have summoned, but having something tied to the queue would be interesting. I'll look into it.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 21st, 2022, 8:02 pm

Anyone who is experiencing their queue emptying, after updating to version 4.14.7 (scroll to end of options to see which version you're on): Run this command anytime after you log in:

/rematch queuedebug

and go about your business. If you get a popup that says Leveling Queue Pet Deleted! at the top, copy and paste its contents in a post here on warcraftpets.com or PM to Gello at wowinterface or curse. The monitoring from this command ends on a logout/reload.

Thanks!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 24th, 2022, 7:40 pm

I'm on 4.14.2 and the queue emptied on me. Should I do the command or update first and then do the command?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 24th, 2022, 9:09 pm

Side question. Is there a way to filter out pets except those available in shadowlands? right now the dragonflight ones show up as shadowlands, so I can't just use the normal expansion filter

Gello

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2022, 2:45 am

Definitely update. The command doesn't exist on any version earlier than 4.14.7. And the Dragonflight expansion filters were added last week too.

I've not pinpointed exactly why the queue is emptying and I've been unsuccessful in reproducing it. Rebuilding the queue would take a long time and I'd rather be playing Dragonflight then coding for it.

Also it seems that over time the comments/PMs about the queue emptying have died down. So I'm wondering if the updates have been working with the exception of a few edge cases (loading into instanced content in a different spec), or if there's a conflict with other addons that are being updated.

So definitely update everything you can. There is a lot of stuff broken out there. This has been a very rough expansion for addons.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2022, 1:30 pm

Okie dokie! Done. Do I need to rerun every time the screen loads (taking a portal, entering an instance, etc.)? Or alternately, is there a quick script I can throw into that make your own addon website that would just run the command each time it needs to be rerun?

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2022, 2:05 pm

So just trying to automate this for myself, I did the following:

I moved all the code under the IF branch

Code: Select all

elseif msg:lower()=="queuedebug" then
into a function

function rematch.DebugQueue()
   -- stuff moved here
end
Then I called it here:

-- PLAYER_LOGIN will watch an independent PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE to watch for the journal
-- unlocking
function rematch:PLAYER_LOGIN()
   rematch:Start() -- set up the addon (the old PLAYER_LOGIN)
   rematch:RegisterEvent("PET_JOURNAL_LIST_UPDATE")
   rematch:DebugQueue()
end
Will this work to make sure the debug is setup correctly at all times without having to manually run the command?

Gello

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2022, 2:47 pm

Yes but an update hopefully today will remove that stuff. It's temporary because it's relatively intensive for what it does.

A potential cause of the issue is entering an instance while in a pet battle. I need to test more.

I hope to have an update tonight--though I've not specifically narrowed down the issue. It takes a lot of time to troubleshoot this with the needing to queue/deserter debuff/etc.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2022, 4:01 pm

gotcha! No biggie. I'll revert the change.

Side question, is the expansion listing for pets provided by the game API or Rematch? I ask cause micronax is listed as MoP instead of Legion.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2022, 5:03 pm

By Rematch actually, in Process\PetInfo.lua. Unfortunately there's no in-game API that has that info.

95-99% of pets' speciesIDs are clumped together, and it uses that to pick which expansion the pet is from, with outliers outside their expansions' speciesID range in a table called expansionOutliers. I've added Micronax to that for next update thanks for heads up!

If you or anyone else sees any other pet in the wrong expansion let me know. Someday I'll run some scripts to verify them all against web api (if they're exposed there, I need to dig my api keys)/wowhead, but it's been a low priority.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 25th, 2022, 7:24 pm

4.14.8 just posted removes that slash command and hopefully fixes the queue being wiped. I couldn't get it to wipe after a few hours of trying, but an event I expected to ignore didn't happen. We'll see!

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 26th, 2022, 8:51 pm

Installed the new version today. did the install "hot" (while game was running):
1. Deleted old rematch folder
2. Unzipped latest verison
3. typed /reload

When I pressed my hotkey to bring up the rematch window, had a brief 5 sec screen freeze, then it opened. Queue was empty. Not a huge deal. Just wanted you to know. It could have been related to the previous version prior to the reload or to the new version after...don't know which

New bug for me:
When I try and drag a pet in the queue up or down the queue, it places it at the bottom of the queue instead.

Side thing I have been meaning to mention:
I've also had issues with it (in earlier versions, so not limited to latest) where if I have to reload during combat (due to edit mode having trouble..not Rematch itself), some times it reloads with a skeleton rematch window in the middle of the screen, blank and doesn't respond to close button. I have to manually bring up the addons list, deselect Rematch, and reload to get my screen clear. Note that, this doesn't occur just anytime I reload in combat, just after edit mode freaks out and I have to reload (I'm not actually in edit mode, but all of the lua errors are for edit mode)

Gello

Post by Gello » November 26th, 2022, 9:45 pm

That 5-second freeze makes me think you had a spasm of events firing. This could mean the pet_journal_list_update is firing asynchronously from the execution thread. That might explain new behavior I was seeing during zoning events. II'll experiment some tomorrow thanks!

I'll look at the new queue bug too. I guess it was expected that something new would break when poking at the queue as much as I have the past couple weeks.

Have you had to /reload in combat since updating to the new one? One of the fixes was intended to address a bug with a reload in combat (though you said this was specific to edit mode, so maybe something different.) If you have a key binding for rematch it should dismiss the window too. I'll test more.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 26th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Gello wrote:
November 26th, 2022, 9:45 pm
Have you had to /reload in combat since updating to the new one? One of the fixes was intended to address a bug with a reload in combat (though you said this was specific to edit mode, so maybe something different.) If you have a key binding for rematch it should dismiss the window too. I'll test more.
No, but I haven't run any dungeons since the update. It usually happens when I start a pull. I get a string of LUA errors centered on edit mode (even though I am not in it) and I use /reload to clear the lua errors. when I do that, I get an expanded Rematch window that is not fully rendered (has the basic frame graphic, but no filler). the frame is centered on the screen (not my normal position) and doesn't respond to clicking the close box. I'll try the keybind toggle next time it happens