Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Jerebear » December 5th, 2022, 1:02 pm

No empty queues for me so far. did find a weird issue where I caged a pet in the queue and it left an invalid pet slot in the queue after. I only noticed after switching characters, so I don't know if logout/login affected it. Right-click plus remove did remove it as expected. Version 4.14.8:
rematch.jpg
rematch.jpg (177.24KiB)Viewed 48156 times
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » December 5th, 2022, 1:28 pm

That was a temporary solution but it's good to see it working "in the wild". As of 4.14.10 (it's up to 4.14.11 now), when you cage a pet it should remove entirely from the queue. I'm going to regret saying this but I think as of 4.14.11 the queue problem should be "permanently" fixed.

When you zone in Dragonflight now, all your pets that can battle are temporarily flagged as unable to battle. When a pet event happens, Rematch was going through the queue and kicking out all pets that couldn't battle. (I had erroneously thought that if the pets were invalid then all their stats would be invalid, but they still keep their level, xp, etc.)

Rematch doesn't allow adding pets to the queue that can't battle. 4.14.11 ceases to look at whether pets can battle at all as a criteria for kicking them out. If one somehow gets in there it can be removed manually.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 5th, 2022, 7:15 pm

okie dokie, thanks! I'll update

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 7th, 2022, 4:24 pm

Updated today.

But before I did the update, I did experience the queue empty with version .8. I didn't catch when it happened between yesterday and today, but I went to add a new pet to the queue today and after it added the new pet, I realized that all the other pets I had in the queue had been removed and the new pet was all lonely.

Gello

Post by Gello » December 7th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Let me know if you see the queue emptying after updating to 4.14.11. 4.14.8 still had an incomplete solution. Thanks!

Kyroskrane
Pet Score:13279
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Kyroskrane » January 22nd, 2023, 3:45 pm

Minor request with automated team swapping, please. I'm working on the Family Battler achievements. To that end, I have multiple copies of teams with the same target (one per pet family). The first team I enter into Rematch is saved as the primary, and is auto loaded when I click on the target. (I set this up for daily/weekly pet battles and such, and it works perfectly there.) But, this presents a problem when doing multiple battles against the same enemy in a row, each with a new team. If I click some other target, then click back on the enemy pet, Rematch will auto load the first team, which is not what I intended.

To that end, I would propose a change to the automated team swapping. If the loaded team's target is the same as the target clicked, then keep the same team. Don't swap to the primary team for that target. Optionally, print a warning into chat so the player knows it didn't swap. You can still "refresh" the team to full health pets instead of injured versions.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 22nd, 2023, 6:25 pm

The limitation right now is that each team can only contain one target, and two teams can't share the same target. The addon can't know that team Patchu-Aquatic, Patchu-Flying and Patchu-Daily all belongs to npcID 196069.

When Rematch 5.0 is (finally) released this won't be a problem since teams can contain many targets and targets can belong to many teams. Auto Load will see that the loaded team contains the current target and not reload the original. The ETA for this is unfortunately still a bit far off. Dragonflight added a couple *really* cool things I want to use that I'm doing another major rework. I'm hoping to get it done this year.

I'll consider interim solutions until multiple teams can share the same target.

Kyroskrane
Pet Score:13279
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Kyroskrane » January 22nd, 2023, 11:52 pm

Got you, thanks! :)