Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Jerebear » February 28th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Thanks Gello!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Solitha » February 28th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Darolyn wrote:The other night, I noticed something weird with my queue, so I emptied it, then clicked "fill queue". Previously, I had about 250 pets in my queue, but it wanted to add almost 400. It added one of every single species I had a non-25 of, even if I had one at level 25. I deleted the queue and reloaded it, it did it again. I reloaded my UI, and it did it again. To check that I wasn't going crazy, I did it once with fill queue, and once with fill queue more. It added the same number of pets. I'm CERTAIN I wasn't accidentally clicking fill more every time, as I recreated this numerous times.

I should have taken screenshots, but I was just frustrated and logged off that toon.

Logged in the next morning, tried to fill my queue, and it worked normally.

Just thought I'd mention it, I don't know what was wrong, but it definitely was not working as intended.

Edited to add: I made sure no filters were on, no scripts or anything. Thought that might be relevant.
Darolyn, I wanted to ask, in case you remember. I'm having a similar problem, but what clued me off is I realized I had ALL <25 pets, not just one per species. I saw two of the same pet in the queue and looked into it further, which led me ultimately here.

Did your queue only have ONE of each, or simply dump all <25 pets in? Do you recall?

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 29th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Solitha wrote:Darolyn, I wanted to ask, in case you remember. I'm having a similar problem, but what clued me off is I realized I had ALL <25 pets, not just one per species. I saw two of the same pet in the queue and looked into it further, which led me ultimately here.

Did your queue only have ONE of each, or simply dump all <25 pets in? Do you recall?
At the time, I had over 500 pets below 25, and it wanted to add in like 389, so I THINK it was one of every single species, regardless of whether or not I had a 25 or not, but NOT multiples of any species. This was a little while ago, but that's what I remember.

If you're having trouble getting it to add in just ones you don't have a 25 for, I've found sorting by level, descending seems to help. The other thing is, rematch doesn't seem to add based on rarity, it adds whichever pet it comes across first, so if you have an uncommon level 14 winter's little helper, and a rare level 9 winter's little helper, you may find the 14 uncommon in your queue, not the 9 rare....which may or may not be what you wanted.

((Now I'm down to 187, I know that's not much off of 250 in that length of time, but considering I started at the lowest level, did active sort by ascending level, that's not bad. Every pet is 20+ now, and I have 816 total levels left to complete. (I made a spreadsheet of my own for this, this is not part of Rematch functionality).

I did notice last night that all my humanoids were missing from my queue, I'd taken them out last Squirt day because I was trying to level by type, experiment failed for what I was trying to accomplish, and when I went to put them back in, it put in some of the wrong ones, but again, sort by level solved it.

Whoever said recently to type in "level=##", I love you. Made my life SO much easier to check how many more 19's I had last night.))
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Khanchantate
Pet Score:2889
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Khanchantate » February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Hello there,

When WoW patched the other day I lost all of my pet teams. 40-50 teams. Is there anyway I can get them back?

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » February 29th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Darolyn wrote:If you're having trouble getting it to add in just ones you don't have a 25 for, I've found sorting by level, descending seems to help. The other thing is, rematch doesn't seem to add based on rarity, it adds whichever pet it comes across first, so if you have an uncommon level 14 winter's little helper, and a rare level 9 winter's little helper, you may find the 14 uncommon in your queue, not the 9 rare....which may or may not be what you wanted.
This is true about it grabbing the first pet it encounters. Sorting the list can influence which will be the first.

While the Fill Queue business is getting some attention, does this need changed? I can make it grab the rares over the uncommons, or the 14s over the 9s, but it would mean the sort won't influence which pets are picked.
Khanchantate wrote:Hello there,

When WoW patched the other day I lost all of my pet teams. 40-50 teams. Is there anyway I can get them back?
Sorry you lost your teams. :( Did the rest of the settings/tabs/queue reset? Or other addons? If so then something during/after the patch wiped your saved data, which is stored in the WTF folder. This is a long shot but it has been known to help others recover teams lost when their addon data is wiped:
Steps to find a potential backup of an addon's saved data:

1. If you're logged into the game, stay logged in for these first few steps. Every time you logout the game rewrites a bunch of files and it may wipe out a good backup with new empty data.
2. Go to World of Warcraft\WTF\Accounts\YourAccountName\SavedVariables. If you see files here with today's date (or the date you last played WoW) skip to step 4.
3. If you don't see files there with today's date, you're likely on a Windows machine and the stuff may be in VirtualStore:
3a. Turn on hidden files and folders if it's not already: https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... folders-pc
3b. Look in C:\Users\WindowsAccountName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YourAccountName\SavedVariables
3c. Confirm that you see files there with today's date, or when you last played WoW.
4. Turn on file extensions if they're not on already. In Windows10 go to View in the menu bar across the very top of file explorer and check "File name extensions" in the topright "ribbon".
5. Look for these two files:

Rematch.lua
Rematch.lua.bak

If Rematch.lua.bak exists, there's some hope. Rematch.lua.bak is a backup that is hopefully recent but not so recent it's a copy of your addon data after teams were lost.

If there is no Rematch.lua.bak, then there is no backup. Check VirtualStore (see step 3) if you're not there already. If you can't find a Rematch.lua.bak anywhere, your data is gone for good. :(

6. Rename the Rematch.lua.bak to something like Rematchbackup.bak (something other than Rematch.lua or Rematch.lua.bak)
7. Exit the game now. Any changes you make from this point forward will have no effect if done while logged into the game.
8. Once the game is completely exited, delete Rematch.lua and rename Rematchbackup.bak to Rematch.lua.
9. Log back in and see if the data is restored.

For those fortunate enough not to have experienced losing their teams:

Backup your WTF occasionally! If you're on a Windows machine, confirm it's backing up current data if you're not sure. Go into the SavedVariables folder and make sure the date on the files are recent.

All addons are susceptable to losing their stuff when the game crashes. Every time you logout/reload/exit, the game deletes all your addons' saved stuff and rewrites out current versions. If the game crashes while it's doing that, you can potentially lose your addon's data. Addons are incapable of writing out a backup on its own. Blizzard disabled all file i/o in addons and this SavedVariables method is the only way addons can save in-game data from one session to the next.

If you want a low-tech way of backing up your teams, in game right-click a Rematch team tab and choose Export Tab in the menu. It will export all teams in that tab to a bunch of text. Copy that text into an email to yourself or in a text file someplace safe. Repeat for all of your team tabs. If you ever need to restore your teams, you can paste them back into via Import Teams.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 29th, 2016, 7:12 pm

Gello wrote:
Darolyn wrote:If you're having trouble getting it to add in just ones you don't have a 25 for, I've found sorting by level, descending seems to help. The other thing is, rematch doesn't seem to add based on rarity, it adds whichever pet it comes across first, so if you have an uncommon level 14 winter's little helper, and a rare level 9 winter's little helper, you may find the 14 uncommon in your queue, not the 9 rare....which may or may not be what you wanted.
This is true about it grabbing the first pet it encounters. Sorting the list can influence which will be the first.

While the Fill Queue business is getting some attention, does this need changed? I can make it grab the rares over the uncommons, or the 14s over the 9s, but it would mean the sort won't influence which pets are picked.
I'm almost done leveling for now, and I've figured out how to influence the addon to pick the pets I want, so don't make any changes on my account.

People can come here and get the information they need to figure out how influence the queue...I bet you'd have more angry/frustrated people if you changed it. I doubt many people put 250 pets in the queue and leave them there without changing it outside of leveling for months the way I do.

Now, if there were a way in the settings to set queue preferences, with the defaults being the way it is now, I bet that would satisfy, but I know NOTHING about programming, or how to implement something like that.

Thanks again for this amazing addon. It has changed my pet battling quality of life.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Solitha » March 1st, 2016, 6:44 pm

Darolyn wrote:
Solitha wrote:Darolyn, I wanted to ask, in case you remember. I'm having a similar problem, but what clued me off is I realized I had ALL <25 pets, not just one per species. I saw two of the same pet in the queue and looked into it further, which led me ultimately here.

At the time, I had over 500 pets below 25, and it wanted to add in like 389, so I THINK it was one of every single species, regardless of whether or not I had a 25 or not, but NOT multiples of any species. This was a little while ago, but that's what I remember.

If you're having trouble getting it to add in just ones you don't have a 25 for, I've found sorting by level, descending seems to help. The other thing is, rematch doesn't seem to add based on rarity, it adds whichever pet it comes across first, so if you have an uncommon level 14 winter's little helper, and a rare level 9 winter's little helper, you may find the 14 uncommon in your queue, not the 9 rare....which may or may not be what you wanted.

((Now I'm down to 187, I know that's not much off of 250 in that length of time, but considering I started at the lowest level, did active sort by ascending level, that's not bad. Every pet is 20+ now, and I have 816 total levels left to complete. (I made a spreadsheet of my own for this, this is not part of Rematch functionality).

I did notice last night that all my humanoids were missing from my queue, I'd taken them out last Squirt day because I was trying to level by type, experiment failed for what I was trying to accomplish, and when I went to put them back in, it put in some of the wrong ones, but again, sort by level solved it.

Whoever said recently to type in "level=##", I love you. Made my life SO much easier to check how many more 19's I had last night.))
Thanks, I was just trying to see if we had the same issue, but it seems like they were slightly different. I actually only had one pet that didn't have a 25 already, but as I said, it was the fact that I saw the same pet in the queue twice that made me look deeper.

Just as an aside, as I see you're an altoholic as well... the garrison pet battles have been about the only great thing this expansion for those with multiple characters. I run those on all my 11 each day, and the pet tokens stack up fast. I use fastest-battle strats on all but Squirt. I always use Squirt to level the lowest pets, as the XP gives more levels and saves leveling stones. I also have a "team" on Rematch that puts my leveling pet in the first spot. All I have to do is target my summoned pet, stone it to 25, and Rematch automatically pulls out the next in the queue.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » March 2nd, 2016, 6:07 pm

Hey Gello,

this might be from interest for your sharing feature, I guess?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742784697#1

Regards,
sg

Gello

Post by Gello » March 2nd, 2016, 6:20 pm

Shingetsu wrote:Hey Gello,

this might be from interest for your sharing feature, I guess?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742784697#1

Regards,
sg
Thanks for heads up. It should be an easy fix. I have a separate account set up just for bnet testing. PTR servers appear down right now but I'll be sure to have a fix before it 6.2.4 goes live.

edit: I spent a couple hours on it this morning. The system appears broken on the PTR. So we shall see. :p

Punkgirl
Pet Score:11540
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Punkgirl » March 5th, 2016, 11:57 am

I have a few pets that I would like to get a different build of, like I have a B/B pet but I want a P/P of that one.

My question is if there is a possibility to set up like a queue system for pets that I have but want to change, a bit like the levelling queue is set up but for pets I want to change out ?

Gello

Post by Gello » March 5th, 2016, 12:57 pm

Punkgirl wrote:I have a few pets that I would like to get a different build of, like I have a B/B pet but I want a P/P of that one.

My question is if there is a possibility to set up like a queue system for pets that I have but want to change, a bit like the levelling queue is set up but for pets I want to change out ?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Is it for a method to replace all versions of a pet across all teams with another version? I'm not opposed to the idea but it'd probably take some thought to how it actually gets implemented in the UI.

In the meantime if you go to the pet journal view (so you have three panels up at once), and right-click the B/B pet anywhere and "List X Teams", and then search for the P/P in the pet panel, you can down the list pretty easily: click a team to load it, drag P/P over in place of B/B and click Save. Repeat for each team.

If you were asking for a system to tag pets for hunting later, you can tag pets with notes. Enter "Find another breed" in the notes and then later you can search "another breed" and it will list all pets with that text in their notes.

Punkgirl
Pet Score:11540
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Punkgirl » March 5th, 2016, 4:34 pm

I was asking for a system to tag other pets for hunting down new breeds indeed and wanted to know if we could have like a custom panel for that but I try how you said with notes.

Thanks

Gello

Post by Gello » March 6th, 2016, 1:53 pm

A new update (4.2.0) posted to curse this afternoon should address the Fill Queue stuff. It will be up on wowinterface later once a technical glitch is solved. Let me know if there's any issues with Fill Queue still (or if there's any new issues!).

Also let me know if "Fill Queue More" 2-3 times to add all duplicate pets is an adequate solution. If not, I'm ok with adding a "Fill Queue All" with a popup to warn when a lot of pets are being added at once.

The focus of the update (and why it took nearly a month to do) was a rework/optimization of its innards:
The latest update (4.2.0) has some major internal changes that touch just about every corner of the addon's innards.

My hope is that nobody notices these changes! But due to the pervasive nature the changes, those who don't like "beta" stuff may want to wait for the next update in case any unforseen bugs needs squished.

The internal changes are:
- The way pets are cataloged and managed has been reworked to be "on demand". It will not spend time or memory caring about what pets you own until you summon the Rematch window or it otherwise needs to know what pets you own.
- The pet filtering process has been reworked to be more efficient. Instead of checking each filter for every pet, it will only check active filters. Reusable tables are more intelligently reused. And key parts are better optimized for speed.
- The system to handle petIDs changing (whether due to a wholesale server petID reassignment or to a caged and relearned pet) has been reworked for reliability and to reduce the time spent monitoring changes in your pets.
- The process of updating the internal data and updating the UI to reflect that data was made more internally consistent across the addon.

I should add that these aren't reactionary changes to the addon getting bloated. Even before this update I've been pleased at how little resources it takes to do all it can do. These optimizations are part of an ongoing refactoring to better integrate added features to keep the addon tidy and make it more resilient to future changes.

Going forward, the more immediate changes planned are confirming support for the battlenet changes on the 6.2.4 PTR (once a new PTR build goes up), more team tabs, and possibly recording win/loss on teams. Also the Legion alpha should be moving to beta soon with addons enabled, and focus will move to making sure Rematch is ready for the expansion.
I did quite a bit more testing on this than I do most updates, but the scope of the changes (and a couple optimizations late in testing) could definitely let some bugs slip through the cracks.

Delis
Pet Score:8891
Realm:Andorhal-us

Post by Delis » March 6th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Gello wrote:
I did quite a bit more testing on this than I do most updates, but the scope of the changes (and a couple optimizations late in testing) could definitely let some bugs slip through the cracks.
After upgrading to 4.2.0 I am not seeing any pets listed in the pet journal when rematch is enabled. The Teams and Queue look fine. I did a reset all on the filters but still it shows nothing. If I turn rematch off my pets show normally.

Gello

Post by Gello » March 6th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Delis wrote:
Gello wrote:
After upgrading to 4.2.0 I am not seeing any pets listed in the pet journal when rematch is enabled. The Teams and Queue look fine. I did a reset all on the filters but still it shows nothing. If I turn rematch off my pets show normally.
Uhoh. Can you "/rematch debug" in game and post the results?

edit: I found the cause. Update will be going up in moments. Thanks for mentioning it!
Last edited by Gello on March 6th, 2016, 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Delis

Post by Delis » March 6th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Gello wrote:
Delis wrote:
Gello wrote:
Uhoh. Can you "/rematch debug" in game and post the results?
Here you go.

__ Rematch version 4.2.0 __
Journal last used
Panel Tab=2
Error Reporting=None
Number Of Teams=76
Number Of Team Tabs=9
Pets In Sanctuary=50
__ Queue __
Pets In Queue=0
QueueSortOrder=1
QueueActiveSort=true
__ Loaded Team __
Key=85627
1=Nexus Whelpling (25)
2=Leveling Pet
3=Celestial Dragon (25)
Team Tab=3
__ Loaded Pets __
1=Nexus Whelpling (25)
2=Amber Moth (25)
3=Celestial Dragon (25)
__ Enabled Settings __
AutoLoad
ShowOnInjured
PreferredMode=1
Anchor=TOPLEFT
MiniMinimized
ColorPetNames
ToolbarDismiss
SafariHatShine
FixedPetCard
FastPetCard
ClickPetCard
ShowNotesInBattle
BoringLoreFont
QueueSkipDead
QueueAutoLearn
QueueAutoLearnRare
ResetFilters
DisableShare
KeepSummoned

Gello

Post by Gello » March 6th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Delis wrote:Here you go.
Thanks! I'll have a fix up in the next few minutes.

edit: Fix posted as 4.2.1. Curse has been really fast in approvals lately so it should be up any minute now.

The specific problem was that while the standalone window was minimized, it assumed it didn't need to generate a list of pets. I forgot that the standalone window can be minimized (and not visible) while the journal is open so it wasn't listing any pets.

Delis

Post by Delis » March 6th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Gello wrote:
Delis wrote:Here you go.
Thanks! I'll have a fix up in the next few minutes.

edit: Fix posted as 4.2.1. Curse has been really fast in approvals lately so it should be up any minute now.

The specific problem was that while the standalone window was minimized, it assumed it didn't need to generate a list of pets. I forgot that the standalone window can be minimized (and not visible) while the journal is open so it wasn't listing any pets.
Got the update and everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for the quite response.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 13th, 2016, 2:42 pm

So I have been facing a bug that I cannot always reproduce. Basically the pet card fails to show up under certain conditions. The one thing that is almost always true is I have something typed in the search bar and it is active (blinking cursor). Sometimes when I type in a search and then click on a pet or hover over it, neither produces a pet card like normal.

I noticed in Discodoggy's latest video he sees it in action (and doesn't realize it probably). I don't PvP, so I don't have any pvp pet queuing going on when it happens, so I don't think that is related.

Look at time 9:15-9:45
https://youtu.be/X3DXjiy81QU?t=555

He is looking at lava beetle, and hovering produces the card, then when he types in the fire beetle and the filter results change, hovering over the fire beetle doesn't produce the card. He kinda fumbles because it doesn't load. This happens both before and after the pvp screen loads, so I don't think it is directly tied to the the screen loading either.

This happens to me a lot when I am going through pets trying out new PvE teams for tamers and such. I can't reproduce it, but hopefully you can see the issue there in the video at least.

EDIT: the one thing I didn't think to try that I saw in his video, is that his mouse is on the lava beetle with the pet card up when he is typing, then after he is finished typing it is gone...maybe a state variable getting confused?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello

Post by Gello » March 13th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Thanks for posting a link to the video where it's happening. I have a fix for it ready for next update. As it turns out, the card was trying to display but the addon was being overzealous in its tidyness and shutting it down before it could.

The fix will have a minor "side effect" for those that don't have "Faster Pet Cards & Notes" checked, in that instead of the card momentarily disappearing when you mousewheel-scroll through the list, the last card you looked at will remain on screen until it updates to the new pet it's over. This behavior may be preferrable to many. The delay before a card shows (when "Faster Pet Cards & Notes" is unchecked) is intended to prevent the distraction of cards spamming across the screen as you move the mouse across the screen. Since the mouse isn't moving in that situation, it's not nearly as distracting to have the card remain in place and just switch to the new pet.

The video is also very interesting because I see he uses Win-Loss now beside his teams instead of Win-Loss-Draw. This makes me happy because I've been toying with having the addon help display (and optionally automatically track) the Win-Loss (and maybe Draw) of teams. But I'd love to drop the Draw. Do you guys think Draw is necessary? (I'd love to have Discodoggy's input on this too. I went to his site but wasn't sure where to leave a comment where he'd read it.)

The "Show Team Win:Loss" would display a button beside each team with a Win:Loss stat. Clicking the button would open a dialog with the Wins and Losses in separate editboxes to manually edit, and a big "+" button beside each to increment a number and close the dialog. Click the Win:Loss button, click the "+" beside Win or Loss and it'd close the dialog and update its numbers on screen. Or you can enter an entirely new number too.

The "Automatically Track Win:Loss" would increment the win/loss automatically to the team loaded during the outcome of the battle. You could still manually adjust it too.

I don't pvp enough (wish I had more time!) but that "Draw" stat seems kinda superfluous and was wanting to know if it was important. If it is, what determines a draw? Simply that the battle lasts 75 rounds or more?

If it's not important it would rock, because it's one less number to track and it will save a bit of screen real estate with only two icons+numbers instead of three. But since this is a pvp-oriented feature I'd want to make sure the important stuff is covered and I don't trust my own judgement on what's important for pvp.