Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Talmar » December 30th, 2015, 11:14 am

Hello Gello,

I've just come into the use of Rematch and holy crap do I love it. When I get home this evening I'll download the latest and greatest and try it out. It's pet xp event so I'll be running lots of battles. :)

Thank you so very much for this. Much appreciated.

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Gracin » December 30th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Gello wrote: If you want a macro to rotate through three teams it'd need to be scripted:

Code: Select all

/run local t={"First Team Name","Second Team Name","Third Team Name"} RtT=(RtT or 0)%#t+1 Rematch.SlashHandler(t[RtT])

You my friend are awesome, I'll give this a go after I get back from lunch.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » December 30th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Talmar wrote:Hello Gello,

I've just come into the use of Rematch and holy crap do I love it. When I get home this evening I'll download the latest and greatest and try it out. It's pet xp event so I'll be running lots of battles. :)

Thank you so very much for this. Much appreciated.
Couldn't agree more! Absolutely wonderful program and easy to use!

Thank you!!!

Kalerender
Pet Score:13019
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Kalerender » January 7th, 2016, 4:34 am

Could the collection statistics graph be given a 'remaining levels' display bar graph? To show how many total levels are left for your collection based on pet breed.

Would make it easier to keep pets to level balanced so stones don't go too to waste.

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » January 7th, 2016, 7:06 am

Just to be clear, if you have 120 collected beast pets, and 80 are level 25, and 40 are level 1, you'd like the Y axis for the beast column to be 960? (40x24 levels remaining).

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » January 7th, 2016, 11:24 am

@Gello

There's one thing that I experienced a lot of times and today I "found" what causes it. Blabla... I told it a thousand times, I prefer the minimzed window, but...

When I doubleclick in the maximized window I get back to the minimzed version but this changed it's position even if I locked it.

Maybe you find the reason and fix it in one of your next updates, thanks!

Gello

Post by Gello » January 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm

Flohsakk wrote:When I doubleclick in the maximized window I get back to the minimzed version but this changed it's position even if I locked it.
Is it flush against one edge of the screen while minimized? If so make sure the anchor corner (Standalone Window Options) points to that edge also. If the window has to scoot over when it's being maximized, it will minimize back to that opposing corner which scooted over when it maximized.

Or is it something different? If nothing is found by then I'll likely have a button in options in next update to export settings so I can see what scale and other settings are that would affect its placement.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » January 7th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Hmm yes... think it's that thing when there's not enough room for the maximized window. Made a video... https://youtu.be/J17pe54TGy4

Gello

Post by Gello » January 8th, 2016, 5:53 am

Flohsakk wrote:Hmm yes... think it's that thing when there's not enough room for the maximized window. Made a video... https://youtu.be/J17pe54TGy4
Thanks for making a video. Explains it very well. There is a minor bug there in that it didn't move over when being maximized after it was moved to the left side of the screen. When minimizing or maximizing it's always supposed to grow/shrink from the corner it's anchored in options. In the video the anchor is in the Bottom Right so it should be growing/shrinking from the bottomright corner. I'll look into that.

In your case go into options and choose the third anchor choice (Anchor: Bottom Left) and it should stay flush against the left side of the screen.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 9th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Throwing this out there for feedback:

I'm curious if anyone ever uses training stones to add levels to non-rare pets. That is, pets that are level 1 to 24 and uncommon, common or poor quality.

If so, do you ever use a leveling stone for a non-rare pet when you have a rarity stone available?

I ask because I'm wondering if it'd be useful to have one button work for everything:
- summon the pet you want to upgrade
- target it
- if the pet is not rare, and you have any in your bags, the button changes to the rarity stone of the target's type (or the flawless battle-stone if you have those in your bags).
- if no rarity stones are available, or the pet is rare, and it's under 25, it will check if you have any training-stone of the target's type (or the flawless training-stone if you have those in your bags).

This kind of falls apart if training-stoning a non-rare pet is a thing. I don't know if it is. Is it?

I'm reworking the backend code of the standalone window to streamline it and better incorporate additions made to the addon since 4.0 began.

At the same time the toolbar/panel buttons are going to be reworked a bit. I'm not happy with their inconsistent placement. I'll probably have more on that later.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 9th, 2016, 3:48 pm

Some people sell levelled up non rare pets. While I have in the past used levelling stones first, I personally tend to rarify first. That said, I see plenty of people on Illidan selling level 25 green quality pets.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » January 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm

Since they removed the level penalty from rarity stones... yes I max with training stones and keep rarity stones for pets I want to trade.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 9th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Yeah that makes sense. If I do add the stones it should be with two buttons then, one for rarity and one for level. Thanks!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 10th, 2016, 7:23 pm

The other night, I noticed something weird with my queue, so I emptied it, then clicked "fill queue". Previously, I had about 250 pets in my queue, but it wanted to add almost 400. It added one of every single species I had a non-25 of, even if I had one at level 25. I deleted the queue and reloaded it, it did it again. I reloaded my UI, and it did it again. To check that I wasn't going crazy, I did it once with fill queue, and once with fill queue more. It added the same number of pets. I'm CERTAIN I wasn't accidentally clicking fill more every time, as I recreated this numerous times.

I should have taken screenshots, but I was just frustrated and logged off that toon.

Logged in the next morning, tried to fill my queue, and it worked normally.

Just thought I'd mention it, I don't know what was wrong, but it definitely was not working as intended.

Edited to add: I made sure no filters were on, no scripts or anything. Thought that might be relevant.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Gello

Post by Gello » January 11th, 2016, 4:51 pm

Darolyn wrote:The other night, I noticed something weird with my queue, so I emptied it, then clicked "fill queue". Previously, I had about 250 pets in my queue, but it wanted to add almost 400. It added one of every single species I had a non-25 of, even if I had one at level 25. I deleted the queue and reloaded it, it did it again. I reloaded my UI, and it did it again. To check that I wasn't going crazy, I did it once with fill queue, and once with fill queue more. It added the same number of pets. I'm CERTAIN I wasn't accidentally clicking fill more every time, as I recreated this numerous times.

I should have taken screenshots, but I was just frustrated and logged off that toon.

Just thought I'd mention it, I don't know what was wrong, but it definitely was not working as intended.

Edited to add: I made sure no filters were on, no scripts or anything. Thought that might be relevant.
I'll look into this in more detail. Right now I'm going to go on the assumption that it was erroneously not recognizing the pets you have at level 25. If you have 150 level 25 pets and it suggested 400 instead of the 250 you expected (ballpark numbers), that may be the cause. I don't know what would cause that but if it happens again (to anyone reading this) could you mouseover or click the pet count in the topleft of the journal (or the expanded standalone window) and see how many max level pets it thinks you have?

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » January 11th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Gello wrote:
Darolyn wrote:The other night, I noticed something weird with my queue, so I emptied it, then clicked "fill queue". Previously, I had about 250 pets in my queue, but it wanted to add almost 400. It added one of every single species I had a non-25 of, even if I had one at level 25. I deleted the queue and reloaded it, it did it again. I reloaded my UI, and it did it again. To check that I wasn't going crazy, I did it once with fill queue, and once with fill queue more. It added the same number of pets. I'm CERTAIN I wasn't accidentally clicking fill more every time, as I recreated this numerous times.

I'll look into this in more detail. Right now I'm going to go on the assumption that it was erroneously not recognizing the pets you have at level 25. If you have 150 level 25 pets and it suggested 400 instead of the 250 you expected (ballpark numbers), that may be the cause. I don't know what would cause that but if it happens again (to anyone reading this) could you mouseover or click the pet count in the topleft of the journal (or the expanded standalone window) and see how many max level pets it thinks you have?
Huh. That would be interesting. I'll watch and see if I can't recreate it sometime, to give you more info.

Also. Thank you. Rematch has completely revolutionized my pet battling/leveling experience. You are a god among men.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Saido
Top Rater
Pet Score:9639
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Saido » January 12th, 2016, 2:45 pm

I want to say that I just came across this addon, and it is fantastic!

Let me compliment you on one feature that perhaps not many people have praised you for (I didn't read all 16 pages of the comments yet :p), and that is that the drop down menus for selecting filters are in a larger-than-default size. As someone with vision issues I can assure you that, even if your addon had no other features (grins), the larger point size alone would make me choose it over other Pet Journal addons.

(Now once I figure out which breed ID addon works best with Rematch I will be in pet heaven.)

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » January 14th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Alright, so it says I have 522 max level pets when I mouse over as requested. This includes some duplicates, but is accurate to the list of 25s I have here on WCP.

The queue issue is happening again. If I have no filters selected, it adds 362 Pets. If, under level, I select "without any 25s", it adds 229, which appears to be a little shy of what I was expecting...I have 713 unique, with 16 non-combat (I think), so that's 697 total pets to get to 25, WCP says I have 455 at max, so that's 242 left to level. WCP says 244, close enough, I'll figure it out when I get down that low. I'll take 229 for today.

But, it adds in what appears to be a random matter. I have a level 7 common Tiny bog Beast, and a level 11 Rare Tiny Bog Beast.

I would prefer it adds the rare pets first, then the uncommons if I don't have a rare, and no duplicates...but it keeps defaulting to the common, level 7 tiny bog beast. I sorted by rarity and got rid of that problem, but shouldn't the queue naturally add one of each pet you don't already have at 25, starting from rare if there are duplicates?

I'm trying to get my queue sorted because Squirt is in the garrison, and it's not working as intended, I don't think. :(

Just making more notes for you. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 15th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Thanks for the extra information on the Fill Queue adding extra pets. I have looked at it a bit but haven't done any deep debugging yet due to a lot of work happening on another part of the addon but that's finally posted tonight so I'll look into this again.

And since it was posted to wowinterface and curse:

Just a heads up with the latest update (4.1.7): I'm expecting some concern with changes to the toolbar buttons and the red panel buttons in the single panel view. The changes are meant to make the UI more consistent across its various views. The changes are:
  • In the single panel view, the window now defaults to using the red panel buttons (Save/Save As/Find Battle) across the bottom, and the toolbar buttons are moved to the top. This is to make the journal, dual panel and single panel views consistent.
  • The order of toolbar buttons are slightly rearranged to be in a consistent order across all views. Default from left to right: Revive Battle Pets, Battle Pet Bandage, Safari Hat, Lesser Pet Treat, Pet Treat, Summon Random Pet, Save, Save As and Find Battle.
  • Added option "Move Toolbar To Bottom" in new option category "Toolbar Options" to move the toolbar to the bottom of single panel and dual panel views.
  • The "Reverse Toolbar Buttons" option is moved to "Toolbar Options" and will reverse the order of all buttons instead of some.
  • To minimize the impact of the above changes to existing users, when an existing user logs in to the update, a one-time check will see if they have Single Panel Mode active. If so, "Move Toolbar To Bottom" will be automatically checked and "Reverse Toolbar Buttons" will be reversed.
  • The little "Pet Count" window in the journal and dual panel view is also being added to the toolbar in single panel view when space permits.
  • Cooldown spinners added to Safari Hat, Battle Pet Bandage, and Summon Random Pet buttons.
These changes were part of a larger rework for how the standalone window is configured internally, but the rest is (hopefully) transparent to the user.

To explain why this maybe overly-dire warning (long time users of Rematch are accustomed to change and will probably take these changes in stride):

The UI from 3.5 to 4.0 was a radical change and some were justifiably grumpy at the difference. "If it's not broke, don't fix it!" was totally justified. With the above changes I'm expecting a similar (but milder) reaction.

A big complaint with 3.x was that it was too unfamiliar to new users, so there was a big emphasis in 4.0 to put stuff where they are in the default journal: pet list on the left, loaded pets vertically stacked to the right, same visual style to lists and loadout, etc, and most pertinent here, putting the Find Battle panel button in bottomright and the Revive Battle Pets toolbar button in topright. The standalone window (which was only the dual panel view in the earlier designs) would mimic the journal too and have the same placement.

Thanks to great feedback (especially from the folks on warcraftpets.com during 4.0's beta), stuff got added. The minimized view was fleshed out to be much more active (it was originally intended to be for information only and you had to maximize it to do anything like changing abilities). A Find Battle button was tacked on at the natural "end" of the toolbar chain in the minimized view, placing it to the left. Then a single panel view was added and toolbar buttons were put on the bottom like it is in minimized view since it felt (at the time) more of an expanded minimized view than the "standard" dual panel view. Then a reverse toolbar button option to flip the buttons around so heal is in the left to make it more familiar to veteran users, but the save/save as buttons remained in the bottomright due to the way the frame arranged itself.

These additions were awesome but along the way the emphasis on consistency was lost. The Find Battle button can find itself on the opposite end of the bar from the Save/Save As buttons. When the heal button is in its default spot it loses its "primacy" when the window is expanded, burying it behind the save buttons. And other minor nuisances like there sometimes being two Find Battle buttons on the screen at once, etc.

This update's primary focus was rewriting/refactoring how the standalone window builds itself, to more "naturally" integrate panels and features added since it was released. But it seemed a good time to reign in the buttons a bit and get things hammered into place for good.

As always let me know if there's any bugs, suggestions or concerns. And thanks!

TL;DR: The latest update is moving buttons around. Check Toolbar Options->Move Toolbar To Bottom if you want a more familiar setup.