Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Re: Rematch 4.0

Post by Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Please don't go to any trouble at all on this. It was just a passing thought, that perhaps others have some use for as well.

I did think of counting the record for teams, but since I mostly don't use teams, my team records are of almost no value.

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » June 12th, 2018, 7:50 pm

No worries. It turns out it's not as easy to do it by script as I thought. The script filter environment is sandboxed to prevent a script from accidentally trashing teams or the addon itself. So a script filter can't access team data (aside from whether or not it's in a team) whoops. I may expose the win record for the filter in any case since some may want it in the future.

And if a feature happens someday to track how many fights a pet has been in regardless of being in a team or not, if it could only track one stat, would it be better to know how many battles it's won or how many battles it was in?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Either would be plenty for me.

I'm not sure that I, at least, would care about the difference between number of battles it was in and number of battles it won. My only interest is in ranking pets by usefulness and preference, and the rankings would end up the same either way.

For PvE, win rate is effectively 100%, so there is definitely no relevant difference between the two measures.

I can see how someone like Discodoggy, who sometimes goes on a stats binge, might want to extract the win rate of a pet for PvP, but given only one of the two measures I can't say which others would prefer.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 7th, 2018, 3:43 am

I'm amazed and loving how much good work you've put to Rematch Gello, kudos! Teams and various filters are especially something I couldn't live out. While breed filters are handy, I wonder have you considered building a filter which allows users to filter stats by any given number via some input? So basically there could be (for example) upper and lower bound text boxes for HP, Speed and Power.

For instance, I know enemy tamer pet has a speed of 330 and I wanted pet faster than that. Currently I would probably start by filtering in the S/S pets. This however might not be the most optimal way to do it because 1) some S/S pets won't meet the speed criteria despite S/S breed, 2) there might be pets included which have "too much" speed (like 357) or 3) in some rare cases some non-S/S pet with more than 330 speed might get left out entirely. If there was a way to filter speed as described above, one could filter lets say speed range of 331-340 without missing anything or getting too fast pets. Thoughts or is this something too complicated to implement?
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gello

Post by Gello » September 7th, 2018, 5:05 am

You can already do this already, actually. :D In the search box enter speed>330, or speed<357, or speed=331-340, etc. You can do this with health, power and levels also. level=25, level=12-17; health>1800; power>350, etc.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 7th, 2018, 10:16 am

Gello wrote:You can already do this already, actually. :D In the search box enter speed>330, or speed<357, or speed=331-340, etc. You can do this with health, power and levels also. level=25, level=12-17; health>1800; power>350, etc.
Well that was fast, awesome! Thanks a bunch <3
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gello

Post by Gello » September 30th, 2018, 7:23 am

For any MacOS users that are experiencing crash issues with Rematch, I've posted an experimental version of the addon here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24832-Rematch-Experimental.html

As it says in the description, this is a separate addon to test Mac crashing issues. It will allow more drastic changes to the addon than would otherwise be possible to keep it running as-is for those not having any problems.

Please let me know if this update seems to cure crashes, make it worse, or no apparent change. You can post a reply here or a comment or PM on wowinterface or curse.

In this update, the team tabs are reverted to what they were before BfA with a limit of 16 tabs. With BfA (and the start of the Mac crashing issue), I doubled the number of possible tabs which included a scrollframe and other things that may be causing the crashes.

If these tabs end up being the cause, I will rework the tabs and post an update to this experimental version to test. If crashes persist, I'll update this experimental version with a much more primitive team panel. The goal throughout this process will be to keep the addon functional but to cut out the fancy stuff. Hopefully it will help isolate what's causing the crashes so it can be cured once and for all.

Gilraen
Pet Score:8027
Realm:Hydraxis-us

Post by Gilraen » October 16th, 2018, 10:20 am

I'm hoping you could help with a weird issue I'm having with my Rematch: it no longer shows the pet breed. It used to show the breed (like B/B, H/B, etc.) in the lower-right corner of the card, over the pet type background icon. At some point in the last few weeks it stopped displaying. I thought there was a setting that I accidentally turned off, but I can't find anything like that. Any ideas?

Gello

Post by Gello » October 16th, 2018, 10:42 am

I'll check tonight, but in the meantime did you recently disable another addon that supplied breeds? Such as Battle Pet BreedID, PetTracker (its Breeds module) or something that includes LibPetBreedInfo-1.0? Rematch doesn't calculate breeds but instead pulls it from one of those addons.

Gilraen
Pet Score:8027
Realm:Hydraxis-us

Post by Gilraen » October 16th, 2018, 11:20 am

I haven't had any other pet addon installed, but maybe LibPetBreedInfo-1.0 was part of something else or got corrupted somewhere along the way. I just downloaded it manually from Curse, and that fixed the problem - Rematch is showing breeds again :) Thank you for such quick response!

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » October 21st, 2018, 1:35 am

Not sure what Blizzard changes in 8.1, but I think you need to have a look what happens to your addon on PTR @gello. Big frames look empty & "layers" are completely misplaced so it's nearly impossible to use Rematch as intended and it would be nice to have it working early so we can use it for teams for the new family thing and Gnomeregan. And I could never thank you enough for your work on FFH, Rematch and Battle Pet Battle Stats :D

Gello

Post by Gello » October 21st, 2018, 6:33 am

I'll be going over it in the next couple days. Thanks for heads up!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » October 29th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Gello wrote:I'll be going over it in the next couple days. Thanks for heads up!
You probably already know, but in the odd case you don't:
- Today's update loads on PTR compared to previous version, which didn't work at all. :)
- Today's update DOES NOT switch team automatically on PTR, but can be manually switched :(
- Today's update DOES NOT display notes automatically on PTR, but can be manually displayed :(

Gello

Post by Gello » October 29th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Thanks again! At a casual test the auto load and show notes on targeting are working for me but I'll do a more thorough test tonight.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 30th, 2018, 2:22 am

Gello wrote:Thanks again! At a casual test the auto load and show notes on targeting are working for me but I'll do a more thorough test tonight.
I only tested in Wailing Caverns, because PTR need me to redo WC and DM in order to test the new dungeon..
Odd chance is that pet battles have new NPC IDs in WC but it sounds unlikely.

I will test DM tonight or tomorrow and report back, if behavior is the same.

I'm only have Weak Aura, Wowhead Looter and Rematch installed on PTR, so no conflicts possible..

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » November 7th, 2018, 1:54 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Gello wrote:Thanks again! At a casual test the auto load and show notes on targeting are working for me but I'll do a more thorough test tonight.
I only tested in Wailing Caverns, because PTR need me to redo WC and DM in order to test the new dungeon..
Odd chance is that pet battles have new NPC IDs in WC but it sounds unlikely.

I will test DM tonight or tomorrow and report back, if behavior is the same.

I'm only have Weak Aura, Wowhead Looter and Rematch installed on PTR, so no conflicts possible..
Sorry for late answer, but I internet have had problems for over a week and only now is the problem fixed by my ISP.

I found the reason: Default setting, when installing Rematch from scratch, is apparantly that every option is set to disable, including load party and display notes..

Gello

Post by Gello » November 22nd, 2018, 5:51 pm

If any MacOS users are interested, especially if Rematch was crashing, could you give the latest update of the experimental version on wowinterface a try? Before moving forward, I want to make sure the crash bug is fixed.

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ ... ental.html

PC users can give it a try too if you want. I'm using a fairly radical new team list that will be used across the other lists (pets, queue, options) if it's working well. The only downside is that the team list looks a bit different than the other lists. The next version of the addon will make all the lists consistent.

The addon at the above link will install to the normal Rematch folder. To go back to the "live" version you can just install the most recent live version via twitch or from wowinterface here:

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ ... match.html

If everything is working well, then the next update will be through the normal "live" methods and it will overwrite the experimental version.

Mot
Pet Score:13464
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Mot » December 12th, 2018, 9:12 pm

Continuing the thread from curseforge, where you suggested to move here, since curseforge tends to flag normal posts as spam.

My name on curseforge is “Portalbendarwinden”, so let’s continue the discussion here. (If anyting remains to be discussed.) The curseforge forum is abismal, the CSS and the forms are broken, and apparently nobody there fixing it. I hope it is better here.

On topic:

Happy to read that you find it an interesting idea to link the queue settings (ascending/descending) with the team.

Looking forward,
--
Tom

Gello

Post by Gello » December 12th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Heya. I really like this forum layout a lot.

One thing I plan to do with the queue is the blue gear icon that appears at the top while a preference is active: make it always visible and greyed out when no preferences are active. Left clicking it will open a global preferences dialog. (Right clicking it will toggle preferences on/off like it does now with the red circle/line when it's actively disabled.) Then remove tab-level preferences.

I'm not totally fixed on the idea yet because there's some consequences to consider, but an active sort could be a part of the preferences dialog. Global preferences from that cog at the top of the queue. Team-specific preferences from a cog on the team (or right-click of team if it has no preferences).

One consequence is that active sort is a one-way sort that can't be undone as of now. If someone spent hours rearranging their queue to a specific order and forgot one team had an active sort preference, it would wipe out all that work. So a system to save the sort order before going into a team's active sort needs added. And it'd need to make sure it didn't save an active sort of the previous team with a preference.

These are ultimately solvable, but a huge priority with the queue is it needs to be predictable. A big issue with the queue in the past is its behavior was not always predictable and its rules were rather mysterious. (Moreso in 3.x than 4.x.) The queue has at times been a snarling mess (in both code and execution). I'm reasonably happy with its simplicity and the level of complexity possible now. But I like the idea of team-specific active sorts. I also want to make the preferences tooltip into a "card" like the win record, notes and pet card: tooltip in mouseover mode, click to lock it in place so you can manipulate it. So the preferences dialog will get some attention and I'll keep active sort in mind when that happens.

Mot
Pet Score:13464
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Mot » December 16th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Ye, that’s why I proposed the alternative solution of making the “ascending/desceding“ property as a property of the Team Category (i.e. the tem tab).