My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gráinne

Pet Score: 5421
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Rematch 4.0

Postby Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Please don't go to any trouble at all on this. It was just a passing thought, that perhaps others have some use for as well.

I did think of counting the record for teams, but since I mostly don't use teams, my team records are of almost no value.

Gello

Pet Score: 4238
Realm: Hyjal-US

Postby Gello » June 12th, 2018, 7:50 pm

No worries. It turns out it's not as easy to do it by script as I thought. The script filter environment is sandboxed to prevent a script from accidentally trashing teams or the addon itself. So a script filter can't access team data (aside from whether or not it's in a team) whoops. I may expose the win record for the filter in any case since some may want it in the future.

And if a feature happens someday to track how many fights a pet has been in regardless of being in a team or not, if it could only track one stat, would it be better to know how many battles it's won or how many battles it was in?

Gráinne

Pet Score: 5421
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Postby Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Either would be plenty for me.

I'm not sure that I, at least, would care about the difference between number of battles it was in and number of battles it won. My only interest is in ranking pets by usefulness and preference, and the rankings would end up the same either way.

For PvE, win rate is effectively 100%, so there is definitely no relevant difference between the two measures.

I can see how someone like Discodoggy, who sometimes goes on a stats binge, might want to extract the win rate of a pet for PvP, but given only one of the two measures I can't say which others would prefer.

Previous

Return to Pet Addons and Macros