My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Rematch 4.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gráinne

Pet Score: 5543
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Rematch 4.0

Postby Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Please don't go to any trouble at all on this. It was just a passing thought, that perhaps others have some use for as well.

I did think of counting the record for teams, but since I mostly don't use teams, my team records are of almost no value.

Gello

Pet Score: 4238
Realm: Hyjal-US

Postby Gello » June 12th, 2018, 7:50 pm

No worries. It turns out it's not as easy to do it by script as I thought. The script filter environment is sandboxed to prevent a script from accidentally trashing teams or the addon itself. So a script filter can't access team data (aside from whether or not it's in a team) whoops. I may expose the win record for the filter in any case since some may want it in the future.

And if a feature happens someday to track how many fights a pet has been in regardless of being in a team or not, if it could only track one stat, would it be better to know how many battles it's won or how many battles it was in?

Gráinne

Pet Score: 5543
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Postby Gráinne » June 12th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Either would be plenty for me.

I'm not sure that I, at least, would care about the difference between number of battles it was in and number of battles it won. My only interest is in ranking pets by usefulness and preference, and the rankings would end up the same either way.

For PvE, win rate is effectively 100%, so there is definitely no relevant difference between the two measures.

I can see how someone like Discodoggy, who sometimes goes on a stats binge, might want to extract the win rate of a pet for PvP, but given only one of the two measures I can't say which others would prefer.

Ryazan
MVP

Pet Score: 5680
Realm: Ragnaros-EU

Postby Ryazan » September 7th, 2018, 3:43 am

I'm amazed and loving how much good work you've put to Rematch Gello, kudos! Teams and various filters are especially something I couldn't live out. While breed filters are handy, I wonder have you considered building a filter which allows users to filter stats by any given number via some input? So basically there could be (for example) upper and lower bound text boxes for HP, Speed and Power.

For instance, I know enemy tamer pet has a speed of 330 and I wanted pet faster than that. Currently I would probably start by filtering in the S/S pets. This however might not be the most optimal way to do it because 1) some S/S pets won't meet the speed criteria despite S/S breed, 2) there might be pets included which have "too much" speed (like 357) or 3) in some rare cases some non-S/S pet with more than 330 speed might get left out entirely. If there was a way to filter speed as described above, one could filter lets say speed range of 331-340 without missing anything or getting too fast pets. Thoughts or is this something too complicated to implement?
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gello

Pet Score: 4238
Realm: Hyjal-US

Postby Gello » September 7th, 2018, 5:05 am

You can already do this already, actually. :D In the search box enter speed>330, or speed<357, or speed=331-340, etc. You can do this with health, power and levels also. level=25, level=12-17; health>1800; power>350, etc.

Ryazan
MVP

Pet Score: 5680
Realm: Ragnaros-EU

Postby Ryazan » September 7th, 2018, 10:16 am

Gello wrote:You can already do this already, actually. :D In the search box enter speed>330, or speed<357, or speed=331-340, etc. You can do this with health, power and levels also. level=25, level=12-17; health>1800; power>350, etc.

Well that was fast, awesome! Thanks a bunch <3
- Taking your candles since 2005

Previous

Return to Pet Addons and Macros