Beta bug - can't use/mem pets

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Annieb
Pet Score:13768
Realm:Arathor-eu
Beta bug - can't use/mem pets

Post by Annieb » September 4th, 2020, 6:12 am

Hiya,

Wondering if anyone in beta is having the same issues? I have found 3 new (to me) pets, bumped my honor to test out some things and got Sir Snips and Bucketshell, as well as picking up the Shimmerbough Hoarder from the Faerie Trove (at 50,56 in Ardenweald - 100% drop rate as far as I can tell). The weird thing is I can use them on my husband's account (checked all three of the above). I've also noticed that the majority of my pets did NOT make the copy over from retail when copying character/account data to the beta. I keep getting the "cannot add companion" error message. The items don't disappear for me.. they're still in my inventory. I also wound up with an unused Reek pet in my inventory on one of my characters, despite having the pet memmed on the same character - and that Reek was lvl 25). When I clicked second-Reek, the item disappeared and it didn't show up in my pet list.

About 95% of my motivation for beta was to test the pet battle content and daily quests (since I know umpty bazillion people are testing everything else - they don't need me... but pet battle fanatics are pretty rare). Does anyone have any insights? (I've bug reported everything I can, sent feedback through channels, etc but I thought I'd ask you guys too).

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Beta bug - can't use/mem pets

Post by Quintessence » September 4th, 2020, 11:12 am

The cap for the Pet Journal on Shadowlands Beta is only 1000. Even if you're eligible for the Pet Journal increases, it's still locked to that amount. My guess is because Blizzard wants to limit the load on the servers since copying/having thousands of battle pets per player takes a lot, and I'm sure they would rather use resources to focus testing elsewhere.

The PTR, however, has the same Pet Journal cap as live. You can even copy your entire current collection onto the PTR. Changes to existing pets have been made and can be tested on Trainers. New Shadowlands pets aren't available on the PTR though, so you'll only be able to test strats and teams using existing pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Annieb
Pet Score:13768
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » September 5th, 2020, 7:52 am

That makes sense. Thank you. Probably should've thought of that sooner. I would've twigged, but for some reason it was stuck at 1022 pets which didn't make much sense. (And a bunch of mine were suddenly lvl 1). Just weird stuff.

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » September 5th, 2020, 3:27 pm

It happened to me too, then I realized that I had over 1000 pets... Put all the other ones in a cage to drop the total below that.. think I did it down to like 950.. Then I could learn them new pets.

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » September 5th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Also, if you do what the 2000, here is a link Lazey posted... the step by step process did work.. I do have my limit up to 2000, and when I did the import of my toon from live, It did all 1500+

https://twitter.com/patf0rd/status/1297488029972602880