8.1 Island Expedition change

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us
8.1 Island Expedition change

Post by GormanGhaste » November 7th, 2018, 4:35 pm

from a [url=https://www.wowhead.com/news=288497/azeroth-round-table-blizzcon-interview-with-jeremy-feasel-and-paul-watkins-on-is]Feasel and Watkins interview[/url] at Blizzcon:
All Island Battle Pets can be caged and traded in Patch 8.1.
This makes me so happy!
Mingyao on Madoran

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:13968
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Re: 8.1 Island Expedition change

Post by Mastr » November 8th, 2018, 6:38 am

That is fantastic news! I had given up on getting those pets, the drop rate is so low.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 8th, 2018, 6:54 am

Best news ever! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Waveryn
Pet Score:13627
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » November 8th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Best news ever! :D
I agree 1000% :D
Wave

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 9th, 2018, 7:06 am

Doesn’t this only effect 5-6 of the current 28 pets?

Good news, definitely, but on its own it won’t alleviate the frustrations people have voiced about island cosmetic rewards.

Mastr
MVP

Post by Mastr » November 9th, 2018, 10:47 am

I don't know about the toys and mount frustrations but this definitely fixes the concerns about the pets.

Now collectors won't need to do hundreds of island expeditions to get all the pets. Everyone else can now put them on the AH and we have a choice to buy them with gold or grind them.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 10th, 2018, 6:26 am

Gilneas wrote:Doesn’t this only effect 5-6 of the current 28 pets?

Good news, definitely, but on its own it won’t alleviate the frustrations people have voiced about island cosmetic rewards.
That's 5 or 6 pets that I quite possibly would NEVER obtain if they weren't making this change. Whilst I do do some Island Expeditions, my luck to date has been dire and I've never had even one pet drop. All the ones I do have are either from the AH or fantastic guildies.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » November 10th, 2018, 3:26 pm

yeah, 6 pets will be affected, Im happy though since Im still missing Laughing Stonekin, but have gotten 2 Playful Frostkin, 2 Kunchong Hatchling and 4 Captain Nibs I can now sell or give to friends.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 10th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Mehetabel wrote:
Gilneas wrote:Doesn’t this only effect 5-6 of the current 28 pets?

That's 5 or 6 pets that I quite possibly would NEVER obtain if they weren't making this change. Whilst I do do some Island Expeditions, my luck to date has been dire and I've never had even one pet drop. All the ones I do have are either from the AH or fantastic guildies.
Well, like I said, it's good news. I think it's a minor part of what would be necessary to alleviate the concerns people have with it though. They have talked about other changes, of course, so I'm sure they will come (they mentioned last weekend wanting to remove some of the opacity around how you get the island rewards).

Mastr
MVP

Post by Mastr » November 17th, 2018, 11:30 pm

You get them from killing similar rares. I got a Mr. Nibs after being shot to a pirate ship and the Playful and Mischievous pets from killing the announced elemental lords. Going in the portals helps as well. Kunchong was from the rare Kunchong.