7.3 PTR - New pets and Pet Battle content

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Drlambda
Pet Score:5543
Realm:Arthas-eu
Re: 7.3 PTR - New pets and Pet Battle content

Post by Drlambda » August 2nd, 2017, 12:50 pm

There are some VERY interesting pets among the new 23. The most obvious thing is that there are 5(!) flyers among them, all of which have a swap (Either [ability]Wing Buffet[/ability] or [ability]Death Grip[/ability]) and most of them having a DOT (either [ability]Bone Barrage[/ability] or [ability]Fel Immolate[/ability].) The best moveset for PVP is probably Fel Immolate / Wild Magic / Wing Buffet, which will be hell to play against because of the high speed of flyers, no matter how the breeds will work out.

There's also a carbon copy of [pet]FIendish Imp[/pet] with a new model there which is probably way easier to get. If that one has a S/S breed, you can expect to see even more Imps in the que.

Then there's the Marsuul, which is a new type of critter. Two of them can go with [ability]Flurry[/ability], [ability]Crouch[/ability] and either [ability]Feign Death[/ability] or [ability]Survival[/ability] - needless to say: If there are fast variants of those, we're looking at a very strong pet in the current meta (although that might change with the 40+ pets coming in 7.3.)

Cross Gazer copies [pet]Willy[/pet]s moveset - which already is pretty alright to begin with and becomes even better with buffed speed. If it is a fast breed, you're looking at a really good magic pet - that happens rarely enough. There's also Arcane Gorger with the default Manawyrm moveset, so we have another chance at a fast magic pet with [ability]Flurry[/ability] if the Blizzard breed gods deem us worthy.

Last but not least, i hope for either a S/S or a P/P breed on Fel Lasher. I always liked the Lasher moveset, but the pets that have it have really bad breeds right now.
CloseToZero - Watch me lose on youtube with bad pets! :D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 4th, 2017, 3:30 am

Updated OP with information about new tech they're trying out in Pet Battles.

Crysa and Bert encounters will scale in level to match the highest level pet on your team. Pet quality doesn't change, however their abilities will depend on their scaled level.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » August 5th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Killed Ataxon (drops Grasping Manifestation). No pet. Was expecting them to be guaranteed as the pets can't be traded. :(