Glory of the Tomb Raider rewards [Spoiler]

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Kamira
Top Rater
Pet Score:6196
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Glory of the Tomb Raider rewards [Spoiler]

Post by Kamira » June 7th, 2017, 1:40 am

As reported on both Wowhead and MMO-Champion, Glory of the Tomb Raider just got new rewards. A title and a battle pet. For those of us who raid (or go back expansions later to finish metas), we will soon be able to run around as %t, the Tomb Raider with a Micronax (mini Sentinax looking machine).

http://www.wowhead.com/news=265454/7-2- ... er-rewards

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/667 ... uild-24271

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Glory of the Tomb Raider rewards [Spoiler]

Post by Milotha » June 7th, 2017, 3:52 am

Something to do next expansion or the expansion after that for me. Hopefully none of these will require a full raid to complete so they can be soloed.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » June 7th, 2017, 9:37 am

Most of the achievements in old raids are not doable solo.

Not sure why they tied a pet to this, most pet collectors don't raid to this level. I mean, I guess you could say they are giving us content to do in 2 expacs in the future?

Or you could argue they are giving people LESS of a reason to do the achievements, as a pet will not be sufficient reward for most people (they will be upset it's not a mount like it has always been). A full raid of mythic raiders who can do the achievements easily will not be swayed to do them for a pet. Not like getting a mount would.

Or you could argue they are giving 0.01% of people who do raid at this level AND pet collect a little something.

I mean, this development team is a head-scratcher, that's for sure. lol

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 7th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Don't expect from me any "OUTRAGING MOVE IT OUT!!1", because I sincerely believe there is nothing that could make the *idea* unplausible.
And from a personal point, if my own wilingness to do raids was enough I think I'd have some chances as long as I'd ensure the guild runs include achievements. But I used not to care about the achies, so I don't have very much of the LR ones and therefore it's just a guessing.

However, the idea itself doesn't necessarily stay intact when applied to the practice.
Chibimage wrote:Not sure why they tied a pet to this, most pet collectors don't raid to this level. I mean, I guess you could say they are giving us content to do in 2 expacs in the future?

Or you could argue they are giving people LESS of a reason to do the achievements, as a pet will not be sufficient reward for most people (they will be upset it's not a mount like it has always been). A full raid of mythic raiders who can do the achievements easily will not be swayed to do them for a pet. Not like getting a mount would.
You see, I could push speculations further. With the raiding environment being itself, I can imagine that the step taken, instead of serving a simple purpose, might result in achievement sellers aiming at and trying to establish a new group of customers. :lol:

Especially since without AotC or a really eager guild one can't really count for any ongoing runs. I'm sure it isn't just a coincidence or impatience, but shhh.

Perhaps I won't have either of the AotCs, because, almost magically, always when I catch up, other people suffer a burnout ;); more so I'm not gonna envy anyone who has never raided out of LFRs.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » June 7th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Chibimage wrote:Most of the achievements in old raids are not doable solo.

Not sure why they tied a pet to this, most pet collectors don't raid to this level. I mean, I guess you could say they are giving us content to do in 2 expacs in the future?

Or you could argue they are giving 0.01% of people who do raid at this level AND pet collect a little something.

I mean, this development team is a head-scratcher, that's for sure. lol
lol....."01% of people who do raid at this level". What a cute statistic. Also, "Most of the achievements in old raids are not doable solo." That is completely false, unless you think 'most' means 'a minority of'. There are considerably less non-soloable achievements in past raids.

You can do meta achieves on normal difficulty usually, and it's pretty braindead. The hardest part is getting at least 10 people organized.

And gosh, what if they actually made the pet for achievement hunters / raiders and not just you, the non-raiding, non-achievement-oriented pet collector?

Sam918
Pet Score:5780
BattleTag®:sam#19744
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Sam918 » June 8th, 2017, 2:57 am

badpathing, spoken like a raider... i really am curious how many top pet collectors are hardcore raiders who go for achievs... having moved from hardcore raiding years ago to a casual style i know that the people i raided with didnt care about companions... including me at the time.

but i do have to agree on the point of past raids not being doable solo.... also worst case scenario, post on here and find a friend to run them with...

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » June 8th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Sam918 wrote:badpathing, spoken like a raider... i really am curious how many top pet collectors are hardcore raiders who go for achievs... having moved from hardcore raiding years ago to a casual style i know that the people i raided with didnt care about companions... including me at the time.

but i do have to agree on the point of past raids not being doable solo.... also worst case scenario, post on here and find a friend to run them with...
I mean, of course we have our own experiences to draw on, I just think it's silly to claim "all" or "most" without some actual facts to back it up; that happens a LOT on these forums.

I play with tons of players who are mythic raiders and collect pet/mounts/toys aggressively. I'm not a raider, but by virtue of the guild I am in, I get to soak up some heroic/mythic runs from time to time.