New Pet Battle Dungeon - Deadmines!

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us
New Pet Battle Dungeon - Deadmines!

Post by Cypetcollector » April 13th, 2017, 7:04 am

Some of the dialog datamined from the PTR... Gives you clues on what pets you'll be battling. Think the reward is a toy.

What Is All This Junk?
Seems some left over parts have become sentient!
Terrible Tunnel
Clear the cave of cruel creatures.
Worst. Guard. Ever.
A tiny monkey guards the door.
Outta My Way, You Oaf!
The last remaining oaf in the Deadmines won't let you pass.
Cannon Crazy
Some of the critters have taken control of the cannons! Disable them quickly!
Shadowy Figure
Someone else is here! Confront them!
The Soup's Gone Bad!
Cookie's stew has been sitting out too long, and now it has a life of its own!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: New Pet Battle Dungeon - Deadmines!

Post by Paladance » April 13th, 2017, 7:43 am

You're too late. :)
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16848

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 14th, 2017, 12:04 am

It's unclear if we'll get a second Pet Battle Dungeon in 7.2.5, so we'll use this thread to dedicate discussion on just Deadmines. We'll create a separate thread for the Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon if that becomes available for PTR testing.

It's possible that there's a prerequisite to complete the Wailing Caverns quest and/or the Challenge achievement for it before having access to the Deadmines quest from Breanni.

Here's a breakdown of the encounters - total of 9 battles:

Stage 1 -
  • Defeat an epic 25 mechanical pet (boss passive)
Stage 2 -
  • Defeat an uncommon 25 undead pet (elite passive) + two common backline pets (no passive)
  • Defeat an uncommon 25 elemental pet (elite passive) + two common backline pets (no passive)
Stage 3 -
  • Defeat a rare 25 beast (elite passive) + two common backline pets (no passive)
Stage 4 -
  • Defeat an epic 25 humanoid pet (boss passive)
Stage 5 -
  • Defeat an uncommon 25 critter (elite passive) + two common backline pets (no passive)
  • Defeat an uncommon 25 beast (elite passive) + two common backline pets (no passive)
  • Defeat an uncommon 25 flying (elite passive) + two common backline pets (no passive)
Stage 6 -
  • Confront a Shadowy Figure
Stage 7 -
  • Defeat a legendary 25 magic pet (boss passive)
The backline pets that I came up against were aquatic (crab), flying (parrot), critter (rat). Similar to Wailing Caverns, there really wasn't much variation in the backline.

The last fight (Stage 7) was a surprise because the difficulty suddenly ramped up, relative to the rest of the dungeon. Legendary magic pet that had [ability]Feed[/ability], [ability]Absorb[/ability] and [ability]Food Coma[/ability]. Very fast, high health, and used crowd control + healed itself. I could see it being a stumbling block for newer battlers.

Note: This is all from the Normal version of the dungeon, and I haven't tried to the Challenge (no healing) version yet. I'm not expecting any huge difference, but we'll see!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 14th, 2017, 2:30 am

I know that sometimes I'm not very subtle… perhaps I should have been used to PTR euphoria. :mrgreen:

Thank you for providing these details.
More than Celestial Xu-Fu, eh? Thanks the Light it can't create moonlight.
Zandalaris? A double MPD? One of the Infinites? I need to know. :D

Did anyone notice that boss passive on a magic pet is redundant? :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » April 14th, 2017, 11:40 am

Paladance wrote:Zandalaris? A double MPD? One of the Infinites? I need to know. :D
Yea, Zandalari Kneebiter makes quick work of the last pet. Mine isn't a P/P though, so it wasn't enough to solo the encounter. I needed a second to finish off what little health the boss had left.

Veteran battlers will know these tactics, but newer battlers will probably struggle against an opponent like this (whereas the rest of the dungeon is pretty doable, even for someone newer). The difficulty just seemed to suddenly spike at the end.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

New Batttlepet Dungeon, Deadmines

Post by Jazeel » April 15th, 2017, 11:31 am

i was looking at the PTR datamined notes and noticed theres a new thing coming our way in 7.2.5. Awards the pocket cannon, hmm no double entendre there :)

Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Valianya » April 15th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Looking at the info about Tricorne, I rather hope they change up his abilities a bit more before he goes live. Despite his flavor text, there is nothing about cheese in those abilities! They're all just standard rat abilities except for one. It would be nice if he had some abilities that reflected the dungeon he came from or that alluded to the cheese pirate theme. Its always disappointing when they add a pet that ends up being 'yet another x with the same effective moveset as a dozen other x-type pets.'

The old dungeon zones they are using for these are fairly large as far as dungeons go (even if they were shortened from the original vanilla versions). I am really hoping that they add in some extra things to do in between the pet fights to spice things up a bit in these large dungeons that have big empty stretches. Like an obstacle mini-game, hiding from an npc's sight zone, solving a puzzle, operating a vehicle-mode thing, etc.

Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing this new pet battle dungeon.

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » May 10th, 2017, 5:44 am

Just tried this today and can't even battle Foe Reaper 50 as the 'Ground is too uneven' all around it. It worked in previous builds so assume this is a current build issue.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 10th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Jodmos wrote:Just tried this today and can't even battle Foe Reaper 50 as the 'Ground is too uneven' all around it. It worked in previous builds so assume this is a current build issue.
Getting this error too. I saw at least one report of this happening in the build just before this one, so it seems it's an ongoing issue.

Hopefully it gets fixed before the patch is released. It's a gamebreaking bug. Can't battle the first NPC, can't continue (or even start...) the dungeon, can't complete it at all. :oops: