7.2 PTR - new pets

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
7.2 PTR - new pets

Post by Quintessence » January 19th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Haven't had the chance to look at each new pet in detail, but quick glance shows possibly 8 10 new pets.
  • Unholy Whelpling
  • Scraps
  • Crackers
  • Everliving Spore
  • Cavern Moccasin
  • Young Venomfang
  • Blood Whelpling
  • Frost Whelpling
  • Ban-fu, Cub of Ban-Lu
  • Son of Skum
  • Orphaned Felbat
More information on each pet to come once the PTR comes back up tomorrow.

Edit: Additional details for each pet can be found on the Unlisted Pets page. Check it periodically for updates.

Update: New pet as of January 31 PTR update - Ban-fu, Cub of Ban-Lu.
Update: New pet as of week of February 17 - Son of Skum
Update: New pet as of February 28 - Orphaned Felbat

------------------------

List of requirements to collect the DK pets:
  • - need to be level 110

- complete Broken Shore quests

- complete DK campaign (head back to Order Hall and pick it up from there)

- return to Khadgar on Broken Shore and start quest line to empower artifact weapon (quest: Investigating the Legion, requires weapon level 35 to begin)

- complete class mount quest line (possible prerequisites for quest line: Pathfinder 1 + 2 for Broken Isles flying, Broken Shore intro-scenario completed + maxed Legionfall reputation)

- empower and unlock all weapon traits (weapon level 43 52) for all 3 artifacts (purchasing each pet is tied to its corresponding weapon)

- 10k Order Resources per pet
List of requirements to collect the Monk pet:
  • - complete Broken Shore quests

- obtain quest to empower artifact weapon from Khadgar on Broken Shore (requires weapon level 35 to begin quest line)

- complete class mount quest line (possible prerequisites for quest line: Pathfinder 1 + 2 for Broken Isles flying, Broken Shore intro-scenario completed + maxed Legionfall reputation)

- empower and unlock all weapon traits for at least 1 artifact (must earn achievement Power Ascended, or in other words weapon level 43 52)

- 10k Order Resources per pet
List of requirements to collect the Rogue pet:
  • - complete Broken Shore quest line

- return to Rogue Order Hall to begin the Rogue campaign (The Pirate's Bay) (Starting 7.2 class campaign requires a certain reputation with Armies of Legionfall. Exact rep is still unknown.)

- continue campaign until a few quests into Azsuna and Crackers will be one of the quest rewards
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: 7.2 PTR - new pets

Post by Paladance » January 20th, 2017, 3:11 am

Sounds like death knights would join shamen, druids, warlocks and demon hunters at the order hall parade.

But I hope it isn't such simple.

Also, are there going to be yet another generic critters or do I have too much nightmares (no Emerald Dream context) recently?

EDIT: This section seems like some new quests, considering perhaps Everliving Spore here?
Wailing Critters

Deviate Dangers
Deviate the deviate critters that are flourishing in the caverns.

Son of Skum
The Son of Skum has awakened and blocks your way!

Legacy of Fangs
Battle the companions of cavern's former druid inhabitants.

Call of the Serpent
Serpentis' own pet waits for you ahead.

Ectoplasmic Growth
Deviate ectoplasm continues to grow within the cavern. Clear it out.

Confront Shadowy Figure
Someone else is here! Confront them!

Everliving
A spore of Verdan the Everliving is re-growing. Destroy it before it grows to full strength.
Also, not really in topic, BUT A NEW REPUTATION TO GRIND?
[[ability]Heartbroken[/ability]]

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hobbitpolitics » January 20th, 2017, 7:02 am

Paladance wrote:Sounds like death knights would join shamen, druids, warlocks and demon hunters at the order hall parade.

But I hope it isn't such simple.

Also, are there going to be yet another generic critters or do I have too much nightmares (no Emerald Dream context) recently?

EDIT: This section seems like some new quests, considering perhaps Everliving Spore here?
Wailing Critters

Deviate Dangers
Deviate the deviate critters that are flourishing in the caverns.

Son of Skum
The Son of Skum has awakened and blocks your way!

Legacy of Fangs
Battle the companions of cavern's former druid inhabitants.

Call of the Serpent
Serpentis' own pet waits for you ahead.

Ectoplasmic Growth
Deviate ectoplasm continues to grow within the cavern. Clear it out.

Confront Shadowy Figure
Someone else is here! Confront them!

Everliving
A spore of Verdan the Everliving is re-growing. Destroy it before it grows to full strength.
Also, not really in topic, BUT A NEW REPUTATION TO GRIND?
[[ability]Heartbroken[/ability]]
This looks like a Wailing cavern esq set of objectives, so our new Pet battle dungeon will be based on Wailing Caverns.

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » January 20th, 2017, 1:20 pm

I spotted a hearthstone pet over at MMO Champion and wowhead. It's actually pretty cool looking, but I'm not really looking forward to having to play hearthstone again.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 20th, 2017, 6:38 pm

This looks like a Wailing cavern esq set of objectives, so our new Pet battle dungeon will be based on Wailing Caverns.
That was my thought on reading it. Sounds like it will be fun.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 20th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Updated the Unlisted Pets page with current available information from the PTR. Still a lot of WIP, it would seem.

@Mononic1 on Twitter discovered what appears to be a new Trainer on the Broken Isles. Could be the source of the Damp Pet Supplies (drops 3 new pets).

Update: Damp Pet Supplies does not come from this new trainer. It's from the Pet Battle Dungeon.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 20th, 2017, 11:54 pm

PH = Place Holder. Maybe that DKish stuff are NPCs of a team?

I hope you could use a trial for a rogue class hall pet. (mutters random nonexisting words)

(Sorry, still disappointed about the Pathfinder II…
the Pathfinder…
the Pathfinder…
…erm.
Wait, maybe these invasions provide hefty experience again?! :D)

I've also thought about Wailing Caverns seeing deviate/fangs stuff, would be nice if it was also an alternative way to get some Timewarped Badges. :D

And don't put the Albino Buzzard's drop rate into the new bag, especially if it's a weekly and not a daily. 15-20% should suffice, as ~50% for any of three, more than 2% for two at once.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 21st, 2017, 9:19 pm

Does anyone have a Rogue that they can copy onto the PTR to check their Order Hall for Crackers?

I know there's already an NPC named Crackers (same bird model as the upcoming pet version), but I'm curious if that NPC is turning into a battle-able pet in 7.2 that allows you to collect it (similar to the Shaman Order Hall pet).

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » January 22nd, 2017, 4:31 am

Well, I don't have a rogue but my husband does, so I convinced him to let me go on the PTR with his account.There's no pet to battle in the rogue order hall. Maybe the pet will be available from "The Vault", which rogues can loot once a week? I didn't see Crackers sitting in the vault though, so that doesn't really make sense (there are items lying about and you can choose 2). Maybe it comes from completing the campaign.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » January 31st, 2017, 7:09 pm

New pet as of today's PTR patch:
  • Ban-fu, Cub of Ban-Lu (Monk Order Hall)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 15th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Update from yesterday's PTR build:

Monk and Death Knight class pets are purchasable from Class Hall vendors (BoP, not cageable).

Costs 10k Order Hall Resources. Not sure if there are any special requirements in order to access the pets.

I don't have a high level Rogue, so I can't check their class pet. Pet Journal still only states "Hall of Shadows" for Crackers.

----------------------------

Edit: Need to complete the class mount quests in order to see the class pets: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/832002414735527936
OH, seeing the items requires that you've completed the class mount quests, b/c they're related to the mount.
To purchase, you need to have unlocked all artifact weapon talents (including the new ones coming in 7.2):
https://twitter.com/Ketsuki_WoW/status/832004002040672256

And last but not least, you'll likely need to empower and unlock all weapon talents for each spec in order to purchase each corresponding companion (Death Knight only).

For Monk, need to earn the achievement Power Ascended (empower and unlock every trait for one artifact weapon):
https://twitter.com/perksnpeeves/status/832023977727963136

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 16th, 2017, 10:52 am

If nothing changes and the class pets go live as they currently are on the PTR, here are the steps necessary to collect DK and Monk pets:
  • 1. Level character to 110.
    2. Max out artifact weapon to 34 (or is it 35?) (for DKs, 3 weapons to max).
    3. Complete the class mount quest line to simply see the pets on the vendors.
    4. Complete the Broken Shore quest line and scenario.
    5. Get quest to empower artifact weapon from Broken Shore.
    6. Complete quest line to empower weapon(s).
    7. Continue adding artifact power into weapon(s) until all traits (including new traits unlocked by empowering) are learned.
    8. Have 10k resources to purchase pet (in the case of DKs, 30k resources for all 3).
Please correct me if any of the above is wrong or out of order.

I think Steps 2, 3, and 4 are all kind of interchangeable and can be completed in whatever order.

Unsure if Broken Isles flying will be a prerequisite to class mount quests. If so, insert 'Complete Pathfinder 1 and 2' prior to Step 3.

All steps need to be completed on 2 different characters. DKs need to take it a step further and fill out 3 weapons' traits.

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » February 16th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Quintessence wrote:If nothing changes and the class pets go live as they currently are on the PTR, here are the steps necessary to collect DK and Monk pets:
  • 1. Level character to 110.
    2. Max out artifact weapon to 34 (or is it 35?) (for DKs, 3 weapons to max).
    3. Complete the class mount quest line to simply see the pets on the vendors.
    4. Complete the Broken Shore quest line and scenario.
    5. Get quest to empower artifact weapon from Broken Shore.
    6. Complete quest line to empower weapon(s).
    7. Continue adding artifact power into weapon(s) until all traits (including new traits unlocked by empowering) are learned.
    8. Have 10k resources to purchase pet (in the case of DKs, 30k resources for all 3).
Please correct me if any of the above is wrong or out of order.

I think Steps 2, 3, and 4 are all kind of interchangeable and can be completed in whatever order.

Unsure if Broken Isles flying will be a prerequisite to class mount quests. If so, insert 'Complete Pathfinder 1 and 2' prior to Step 3.

All steps need to be completed on 2 different characters. DKs need to take it a step further and fill out 3 weapons' traits.
Wow...I just assumed they would be accessible through simply having the classes leveled to 110. Maxing a weapon on each class is going to take a LOT of time.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 16th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Should also mention that the class mount quests will likely have a perquisite.

From official Blizzard post: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20355988/world-of-warcraft-legion-what-s-next-panel-recap
What’s even better than flying over the Broken Isles? Flying over them on your own new epic class mount! By completing the Broken Shore campaign and maxing out your Legionfall reputation, you’ll be rewarded a mount that’s unique to your class as a symbol of your dedication to defeating the Legion.
If this gating is still planned for the class mounts, add more steps to the process for the pets.

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » February 17th, 2017, 8:47 am

Ouch. Another case for making reputation account wide.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 19th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Something's occurred to me, not only will DKs need to empower and fully learn all traits for 3 artifacts, the steps in between adds even more prerequisites.

Consider the following:
  • A prerequisite to empowering - You will only get the quest to empower after your weapon reaches 35.
  • Tanks, healers, and DPS all have different empower-quests. DKs will need to get and complete 2 (or even 3?? not sure) different empower-quests lines, depending on weapon/spec.
So... prerequisites within prerequisites. Prerequisite-ception. O_o;

--------------------

Also, an update on the Rogue class pet coming in 7.2.

Thanks to [url=https://twitter.com/Nemo2342/status/833418750309257216]@Nemo2342 for testing[/url] it out on the PTR, we now know where the Rogue class pet (Crackers) will come from.

[url=https://twitter.com/Nemo2342/status/833435260117323776]Continue the Rogue campaign[/url], turn in Khadgar's Artifact Knowledge increase quest, and then complete 3 more quests in Azsuna.

The quest line to increase your Artifact Knowledge appears to [url=http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=46809/delivering-lost-knowledge]come from the Broken Shore[/url]?

Rogues will probably need to complete all of their class campaign up to and including current content, prior to picking up the new campaign quests in 7.2. Other possible prerequisites for Crackers: level 25 Artifact Knowledge (current max), but not 100% sure on this one.

Crackers has a unique interaction. If you /target and /whistle, Crackers will sit on your shoulder. You can also have Pepe + Crackers sitting on you at the same time.
rogue-pet1.jpg
Crackers sitting on shoulder 7.2 PTR
rogue-pet1.jpg (48.97KiB)Viewed 7631 times
rogue-pet2.jpg
Crackers and Pepe on shoulder 7.2 PTR
rogue-pet2.jpg (90.84KiB)Viewed 7631 times
(So many thanks to @Nemo2342 for testing all of this out!)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » February 22nd, 2017, 10:43 am

As an update to the requirements for the Rogue pet: After some light testing on a different class, it would seem that yes, you do need AK 25 to pick up the quest to increase your knowledge beyond the current cap.

It's still unclear if it's necessary to have weapon level 35 to progress through the 7.2 Rogue campaign though. The question being if the empower-quests are required to reach the quest that rewards Crackers. At the moment, it's possible that the weapon level does not play a part in obtaining the pet.

Current progress path looks like the following:
  • Broken Shore campaign
  • End of Broken Shore = 2 different questlines, one for AK increase and one for empowering your artifact Go back to class hall and begin Rogue campaign (quest: The Pirate's Bay)
  • Follow AK increase quests until it leads you to Azsuna
  • Few quests into the Azsuna portion of campaign = Crackers
Edit: Thanks again to @Nemo2342 for testing - It would appear that you can pick up and continue the Rogue campaign without having picked up and completed the AK 25 increase and empower-your-weapon quests.

This means it's possible that AK and artifact level don't play a part in acquiring the Rogue pet.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » February 23rd, 2017, 11:16 am

Annoying new post that has me and a friend outraged, but is referenced on the main forums. I got it off MMO-champion, but I've not posted here enough to be allowed a link.

Summary is that they are adding in a 50 pt trait where you dump all of your AP in once you get all the other traits and it looks like they are increasing the general AP cost as you get more and more. If you have to max this out to unlock the DK pet, this is awful. Doing it once is going to be bad enough, and that is even assuming you play a DK. The goal of this new trait is that you are never done.

I'm not on the PTR, can this be confirmed that this is the intention?

Desi
Pet Score:5590
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Desi » February 23rd, 2017, 2:18 pm

Mirith wrote:Annoying new post that has me and a friend outraged, but is referenced on the main forums. I got it off MMO-champion, but I've not posted here enough to be allowed a link.

Summary is that they are adding in a 50 pt trait where you dump all of your AP in once you get all the other traits and it looks like they are increasing the general AP cost as you get more and more. If you have to max this out to unlock the DK pet, this is awful. Doing it once is going to be bad enough, and that is even assuming you play a DK. The goal of this new trait is that you are never done.

Yep, Blizzard confirmed that they are making AP cost more 'exponential'. There's a long post somewhere where they tried to explain why they came to this decision but it just left me rolling my eyes.

My interpretation of the decisions they are making is to drag everything out and to keep players around longer. But it's just making the game tedious and boring and making the effort not worth the reward. Lets remember this is recreation and not a job.

Mirith
Pet Score:11678
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mirith » February 23rd, 2017, 2:30 pm

Desi wrote:
Mirith wrote:Annoying new post that has me and a friend outraged, but is referenced on the main forums. I got it off MMO-champion, but I've not posted here enough to be allowed a link.

Yep, Blizzard confirmed that they are making AP cost more 'exponential'. There's a long post somewhere where they tried to explain why they came to this decision but it just left me rolling my eyes.

My interpretation of the decisions they are making is to drag everything out and to keep players around longer. But it's just making the game tedious and boring and making the effort not worth the reward. Lets remember this is recreation and not a job.
I completely agree with your interpretation. There has been already been a lot of push back on this, however, we as pet collectors need to push back on this as well somehow if they are going to tie acquiring new pets on this. Completing the exponentially growing cost of 50+ more of artifact levels 3x times without a way of trading the pet is fairly unreasonable.