PET BATTLE DUNGEONS!

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us
Re: PET BATTLE DUNGEONS!

Post by Gilneas » January 24th, 2017, 5:06 am

*** Is it true that forfeiting some encounters brings the HP penalty because they are technically normal battles? Now that's interesting (in comparison to the CT at least). ***
It seems like that is almost certainly a bug. I'd expect it to function normally by the time the patch is released.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 24th, 2017, 9:52 am

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear enough. When I said "I think it's entirely reasonable to expect that the requirements should continue to ramp up", I meant the requirements to complete, not to begin.

I'm very happy that the Wailing Critters has an entry mode that can be completed with maybe one 25 and a couple of 22s/23s. It will give beginners progression with a small roster, and some experience of normal, not entirely scripted battles. Thumbs up for that!

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » January 24th, 2017, 10:33 am

Quintessence wrote:No shortcut from the NPCs or quest itself, but you can get to Ratchet from Shrine of Two Moons/Shrine of Seven Stars (Pandaria) via transporter (doesn't require engineering, costs 10 gold to use).
Is the Quest per Account or Character? Because if its per Account, just like all the others Pet Battle Quests, is it possible take the quest with a Main Character in Dalaran but enter into Willing Caverns with an Alt? If its possible, we dont need to travel there, just leave an Alt there.

I use Falcosaur quests to leveling my low level Alts... doesnt metter who take the quest, you can complete it with any character and gain 16k exp.

Btw my concern about this feature is about be forced to do Normal Mode to gain the access at Challenge Mode every time.
Because if so, time consuming/reward don't worth my time.

I dont have any interest in the Normal Mode, except for the first time, because i dont care about the rewards... and the 11 battles are not so engaging to me, but are fair for beginners.

As an "expert", I'm interessed only at the Challenge Mode, because of new pets... but as a Bag rewards, usually this kind of pets are cageable... and for now, the new pets are not so unique like Celestials in terms of model/ability.

So, after beating this Challenge Mode a couple of time, will not become less interesting after we see this so normal pets in the AH? :?:

Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us

Post by Neuropathy » January 24th, 2017, 12:19 pm

(Apologies if this has already been stated)

So last night I copied over my pets and ran this in challenge mode. I wrote down all of the pets/teams I came across. Got the Young Venomfang in my bag.

**I went back in today, Tuesday, and the teams are different!** Still the same pets, but for example instead of Aquatic, Aquatic, Beast, this fight is Aquatic, Aquatic, Flyer. Still very doable & not a big deal, but the teams do change.

In the second bag I got 2 different one level battle stones, bandages & pet charms

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 24th, 2017, 12:35 pm

Gilneas wrote:
*** Is it true that forfeiting some encounters brings the HP penalty because they are technically normal battles? Now that's interesting (in comparison to the CT at least). ***
It seems like that is almost certainly a bug. I'd expect it to function normally by the time the patch is released.
I also think this is a bug. The Celestial Tournie had the same problem when it was first released for testing. Forfeiting a battle while inside did damage to your pet team as if you were forfeiting a wild battle. The Pet Dungeon encounters are supposed to be against NPCs, so it doesn't make sense for us to be punished for tactical gameplay (swapping pets/abilities out)
Tarty wrote:Is the Quest per Account or Character?
Quest should be account-wide, but once you've completed Normal I don't think the NPCs in Dalaran have any quests for you anymore. You pick up the Challenge quest directly from the NPC at Wailing Caverns, so you'd still have to fly out there or park a toon there.
Tarty wrote:Btw my concern about this feature is about be forced to do Normal Mode to gain the access at Challenge Mode every time.
You only need to complete Normal mode once. You'll have direct access to Challenge mode from then on out.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » January 25th, 2017, 2:32 pm

It appears the first wave of pets is also the selection of backline pets. In my tries those three always showed up randomly in the fights where backline pets turn up - including the first stage. They are different families, but otherwise very similar in difficulty and don't change much to the overall strats in my opinion.

About the health drop, I'm not sure if it's really a bug. The boss fights for example are "normal" and you can restart the fight without your pets losing health. Only the ones with 3 pets and randomized backline cause the health drop, but since they are kind of like raid "trash", maybe it's intended.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » January 30th, 2017, 5:01 pm

My bears are getting ready to rawr their way through this! Happy to see some new pet content.

Post by Guest » February 12th, 2017, 8:16 am

Wow, developers heard me!

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » February 28th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Just did this in the new build today. Every single fight has 2 back row pets now, which obviously makes the boss fights harder.

I thought it was in a good place before. Hard enough but not so hard that someone without 100s of pets couldn't do it with strategy. I think given the boss buffs (reduced damage and some with max damage limit) this may prove to be too hard with out a big stable.

Also, why can't they put the druid to port out at the end near the boss instead of down all the ledges.

And for the record, I've done it 5 times and only have one of the pets.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » March 2nd, 2017, 12:22 pm

I ran it as well recently and the change is noticeable, but I believe it to be a nerf rather than an increase in difficulty.
Previously the white-quality enemies (those from Stage 1) had the Elite buff, -50% damage taken. That one is gone and they now are not more dangerous than your average wild pet.

Putting them in the backline of bosses means 3-4 additional rounds per fight, but any decent pet can do that, no special requirements.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 2nd, 2017, 2:11 pm

Aranesh wrote:Previously the white-quality enemies (those from Stage 1) had the Elite buff, -50% damage taken. That one is gone and they now are not more dangerous than your average wild pet.
I completely missed this when testing this today, so thanks for pointing that out!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » March 3rd, 2017, 11:08 am

You are more than welcome.

I also tested again today to heal during the challenge mode (switching to alt) and sadly that bug is still around. Hopefully it will be fixed until release :-)