Paradox Spirit / Infinite Hatchling Question

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us
Paradox Spirit / Infinite Hatchling Question

Post by Hearte » December 1st, 2016, 6:32 am

Does anyone know how many Timewarped Badges are required to purchase these on the PTR? I'm wondering how many I need to save up, and it's a timewalking week. Thanks!

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: Paradox Spirit / Infinite Hatchling Question

Post by Sarajiel » December 1st, 2016, 7:22 am

Hearte wrote:Does anyone know how many Timewarped Badges are required to purchase these on the PTR? I'm wondering how many I need to save up, and it's a timewalking week. Thanks!
At the moment (PTR 7.1.5.23138) each pet will cost 2200 Timewarped Badges. I haven't seen the vendor yet since the PTR has Cataclysm Timewalking active this week.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 1st, 2016, 9:55 am

I think this is another sign of the end of pet collecting as a distinct activity. Now you have to do TW as well as PVP. :(

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » December 1st, 2016, 11:30 am

Sarajiel wrote:At the moment (PTR 7.1.5.23138) each pet will cost 2200 Timewarped Badges. I haven't seen the vendor yet since the PTR has Cataclysm Timewalking active this week.
:shock: Wow, I really hope this isn't the case when it goes live. Not sure how far out the MoP timewalking will be, but 4400 is a lot to save up.

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » December 1st, 2016, 12:27 pm

Well, it depends on Blizzard's patch schedule. I'd say that 7.1.5 will probably be released either Dec. 20th, Jan. 10th or Jan. 17th. Any earlier release is almost impossible considering the class changes and any later and we will miss the AQ micro-holiday ("Call of the Scarab").

A December release would give us MoP Timewalking in the proper rotation right after Cata. Everything else means that the weekend event schedule has to be changed/shifted or we have to wait till late February/early March for MoP showing up in the rotation. :roll:

Personally I think that each pet should be priced between 500 and 750 badges (1x - 9x dungeons). The current price is beyond ridiculous for something that can only be done once every quarter. Even if you have an army of alts like me, it doesn't really sound very appealing to either spam 40 - 50 dungeons during one event or run one dungeon every event and wait months.
The Infinite Hatchling should also be available during each event. Although it uses the MoP dragon hatchling model, it doesn't really feel tied to MoP only to me.

www.piratez.cc

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 1st, 2016, 1:31 pm

Keep in mind that the TW initial quest grants 500 badges I believe? or is it 400? can't remember. I could see the pets going for 1000 badges. That's not too unreasonable, but I enjoy running the old dungeons.

Of course you now have the daily trivia question for 25 badges. Login, answer the question, log off and go about your business. I placed a few characters at the trivia npc just to do this and over time the badges will build up. I just hope the NPC was an anniversary thing only. Haven't logged in this week yet since it ended. I'll be a sad panda if the trivia was limited time only.

Personally, I wouldn't expect the patch to hit this year. I'd guess early next year after the Christmas season.

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » December 1st, 2016, 2:36 pm

I already included the 500 badges from the event quest in my number for the required dungeons. The real problem is that dungeons only reward 30 - 40 badges unless you get a call-to-arms bonus for 50 additional badges.

The 12th anniversary event is over, therefore no more 25 badges per day.

From a retention point of view Blizzard will most likely ship the patch this year, so people have something to do during the holiday season. Number tuning can still be hotfixed until Nighthold opens.
This PTR also includes a proper AK catch-up mechanic for both latecomers and alts.

www.piratez.cc

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 1st, 2016, 3:01 pm

On the 7.0 PTR, for a little time the invasion goods used to cost roughly 9 times more Nethershards than we'd finally seen. Hopefullly there is an analogy… though there's a difference that the Badges' gain rate is already established. :oops:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » December 1st, 2016, 4:36 pm

I really hope the cost of the pets will be adjusted to something more reasonable, but keep in mind that the mounts are 5k each and even the toys are between 500 and 3k badges.

www.piratez.cc

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 10th, 2017, 5:39 am

According to the news from US, the Pandaria Timewalking is going to start 7th/8th of March.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507