Missing info on some Legion battles

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us
Missing info on some Legion battles

Post by Gello » July 5th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Thanks to many great sources (this site, wowhead, google/youtube and wow-petguide.com) I've gotten a lot of information to update tamers in a couple addons (Rematch, Battle Pet Daily Tamer and potentially a new one to help with the Family Familiar achievement) but could use some missing gaps filled if any have experience or familiarity or maybe an idea where to look.

I've gotten to 110 this past weekend and will have world quests opened soon, so some of these I can hunt down myself, but due to the nature of world quests I probably won't get to go to every fight before launch.

(solved!) 1) A few battles seem to start by interacting with a world object. Does anyone know which of these are targetable, as in you can left-click it and that object is now in the target frame? If they are not targetable they will require challenge-post-like treatment.

Wounded Azurewing Whelpling - Azsuna - "Help a Whelp" quest
Ancient Catacomb Eggs - Suramar - "Clear the Catacombs" quest
Surging Mana Crystal - Suramar - "Mana Tap" quest

(solved!) 2) Does anyone have a Rematch team with Ominitron Defense System (Stormheim "Oh, Ominitron") saved as a target? If so can you export the team and post it here? The exact NPC ID is ambiguous. It could be 99878 or 99880 50:50 either way. The first number of an exported team would say which. If you have an addon to show NPC IDs that'd be just as good!

(solved!) 3) For the Stormheim quest "Jarrun's Ladder", Trapper Jarrun seems to start the fight. Does anyone know what pets he fights with?

(solved!) 4) Same question for Suramar quest "Chopped". Varenne is the likely tamer. Does anyone know what pets she fights with?

(solved!) 5) I can't find *any* information about "It's Illid...Wait" in Highmountain or "The Master of Pets" in Suramar. Does anyone have any leads to the opponents on these two fights?

(solved!) 6) I'm sorely lacking in map coordinates of the fights for Battle Pet Daily Tamer. Has anyone compiled a list of coordinates? Or know where to look when wowhead doesn't have any? This may be something that needs to be accumulated over time. If anyone is interested in gathering these coordinates, it would be awesome. I wouldn't ask anyone to go all over the map to find every spot, but just adding a tamer here and there will help a great deal. To help, make this macro:

Code: Select all

/run if not WorldMapFrame:IsVisible() then ToggleWorldMap() end SetMapZoom(0) local e,w1,w2,m1,m2=ChatFrame1EditBox,UnitPosition("player") m1,m2=GetPlayerMapPosition("player") e:Show() e:SetText(format("%d %d %.5f %.5f",w1,w2,m1,m2)) e:SetFocus(true)
When you're at a world quest tamer/object (a couple of them like Azsuna Specimens and Wildlife Conservationist don't really have a single point and that's okay) and you hit that macro, it will open your map, then open your chat editbox with your current coordinates filled in. You can select the text and copy it there and paste it to this forum (with the name of the quest/npc/object you're at too). If you could hit the macro while standing right ontop of the npc/object (if possible) that'd help with accuracy.

(solved!) 7) My beta character is a copy from live with account data copied also. However my beta character is at the first quest in the old world quest chain for pet battles (Julia, The Pet Tamer). Do you guys know if pet battle world quests will be available if I don't re-do the quest chain? If not, that's another project I need to finish this week.

8) Finally, for any that use Rematch, most of the world quest targets are loaded into the Targets menu of the latest version of the addon (4.4.7). Let me know if any targets are not being recognized with auto load or prompt to load (means I have the wrong npcIDs) or if the opponent's pets are incorrect.

Thanks again for information already provided and any further info. Every scrap of info helps!
Last edited by Gello on July 13th, 2016, 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Missing info on some Legion battles

Post by Quintessence » July 5th, 2016, 10:20 pm

1) 3) 5)
  • "It's Illid...Wait" - Lil'idan is the target to start, Lil'idan is the pet to battle.
  • "The Master of Pets" - Aulier is the target to start, and Beauty, Conviction, Dignity are the pets to battle.
Sorry I can't provide more info!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gello

Post by Gello » July 6th, 2016, 12:35 am

Great info thanks!

On #1 it looks like Wounded Azurewing Whelpling is what begins the fight. Its <Click to start a pet battle.> sub-name makes me wonder if it's like a challenge post that can't be targeted. I'm going to go on the assumption it can't become a target just to be safe.

Someone posted a video of the Varenne fight today and those pets are Gusteau, Remy and Dinner.

With your other info that fills in all opponent pets.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » July 6th, 2016, 1:51 am

1) None of these three you can target, they have their mouseover tooltip and start the fight like the challenge-post. "Beguiling Orb" is also a non-targetable thing for "Dazed and Confused and Adorable".

2) Same thing with the "Ominitron Defense System", it's a non-targetable object (control panel with a golem behind it) you start that fight with... so you don't see the 3 battle pets surrounding it and can't target them.

9) There's this pet battle world quest "Beasts of Burden"... with two tamers to defeat. Rydyr and Andur. Don't know how you'll handle this for the tamer check.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 6th, 2016, 2:24 am

coords:

Azsuna

Azsuna Specimens : ?
Dazed and Confused and Adorable : (50,41) - El'dranil Shallows
Size Doesn't Matter : (65,40) - Hatecoil Warcamp
The Wine's Gone Bad : (43,8) - The Lost Orchard
Training with the Nightwatchers : (46,40) - Crumbled Palace

Dalaran (27,23)

Fight Night: Amalia
Fight Night: Bodhi Sunwayver
Fight Night: Heliosus
Fight Night: Rats!
Fight Night: Sir Galveston
Fight Night: Stitches Jr. Jr.
Fight Night: Tiffany Nelson

Highmountain

It's Illid... Wait. : ?
Rocko Needs a Shave : (37,57) - Lifespring Cavern (60,45 in cave)
Snail Fight! : (44,22) - Stonedark Grotto (48,44 in cave)
Tiny Poacher, Tiny Animals : (41,35) - The Witchwood
Training with Bredda : (47,68) - Summitcrest Basecamp
Wildlife Protection Force : (56,53) - Howling Hills (following Mistels' Hungry Icefang video)

Stormheim

All Howl, No Bite : (38,27) - Cove of Nashal
All Pets Go to Heaven : (62,67) - Stormheim
Beasts of Burden : (62,52) - Stormheim
Jarrun's Ladder : (56,46) - Helmouth Shallows
My Beast's Bidding : (78,57) - Morheim
Oh, Ominitron : (48,44) - Terrace of the Watchers

Suramar

Chopped : (62,60) - Twilight Vineyards
Clear the Catacombs : (59,42) - Kel'balor (54,86 in cave)
Flummoxed : (25,62) - Felsoul Hold
Mana Tap : (19,35) - Suramar
The Master of Pets : (51,55) - The Menagerie (following the Aulier screenshot on this page)
Threads of Fate : (33,83) - Felsoul Hold

Val'sharah

Dealing with Satyrs : (63,60) - Moonrest
Help a Whelp : (53,16) - Ley-Ruins of Zarkhenar
Meet The Maw : (66,39) - Ash'theran
Only Pets Can Prevent Forest Fires : (56,65) - Val'sharah
Stand Up to Bullies : (55,88) - Lunarwing Shallows
Training with Durian : (46,39) - Emerald Bay
Wildlife Conservationist : (56,48)
Last edited by Flohsakk on July 13th, 2016, 12:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » July 6th, 2016, 4:42 am

1) These are the interactable objects for the three you listed:

Help a Whelp: http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=106542/wo ... -whelpling
Clear the Catacombs: http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=105323/an ... acomb-eggs
Mana Tap: http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=105352/su ... na-crystal

I am not sure if they are also targetable, sorry.

6) For the coords, I created maps for most of the ones I encountered so far, for example:
http://www.wow-petguide.com/images/maps/m16_s155.jpg (all available at the respective fights on wow-petguide.com).
I did not save the coordinates directly sadly, but maybe those maps can help a little.

7) I started in alpha / beta without a char copy and did the quest chain to unlock pet battles in general. Only the first 2-3 quests so the slots become unlocked, nothing else. I still do not have any pet battles dailies in Pandaria or Warlords available, but Legion World Quests did unlock fine.

Hope these help!
I'm very curious what you're planning for Family Familiar! Would you care to elaborate a bit? To me the filtering options in Rematch for "Family" and "Strong vs." are the greatest help already :D

Gello

Post by Gello » July 6th, 2016, 6:54 am

Flohsakk wrote:1) None of these three you can target, they have their mouseover tooltip and start the fight like the challenge-post. "Beguiling Orb" is also a non-targetable thing for "Dazed and Confused and Adorable".

2) Same thing with the "Ominitron Defense System", it's a non-targetable object (control panel with a golem behind it) you start that fight with... so you don't see the 3 battle pets surrounding it and can't target them.
Oh there are even more like challenge posts than I thought. Interesting. This is good to know, thanks!
Floshakk wrote:9) There's this pet battle world quest "Beasts of Burden"... with two tamers to defeat. Rydyr and Andur. Don't know how you'll handle this for the tamer check.
I'm assuming these are two separate fights that you can swap pets in between. Rematch treats them as separate targets but that can be changed if pets can't be swapped. If they're standing right next to each other or far apart from each other, Battle Pet Daily Tamer can handle separate objectives of a single quest. It looks like this pair isn't in the Family Familiar achievement so we're safe there.
Aranesh wrote:I'm very curious what you're planning for Family Familiar! Would you care to elaborate a bit? To me the filtering options in Rematch for "Family" and "Strong vs." are the greatest help already :D
It was Flohsakk's idea to come up with one. Basically it'd be a separate addon with a 15x10 grid with tamers as rows and pet families as columns. At a glance you'd be able to tell what all-family teams have been done/still need to be done.

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » July 6th, 2016, 8:13 am

Gello wrote:I'm assuming these are two separate fights that you can swap pets in between. Rematch treats them as separate targets but that can be changed if pets can't be swapped. If they're standing right next to each other or far apart from each other, Battle Pet Daily Tamer can handle separate objectives of a single quest. It looks like this pair isn't in the Family Familiar achievement so we're safe there.
They are indeed two fully separate NPCs and fights. You can swap pets, heal etc. in between fighting them. And they do stand right next to each other. Just to confirm that :-)
Gello wrote:It was Flohsakk's idea to come up with one. Basically it'd be a separate addon with a 15x10 grid with tamers as rows and pet families as columns. At a glance you'd be able to tell what all-family teams have been done/still need to be done.
Great idea, very handy!! :D

Gello

Post by Gello » July 6th, 2016, 9:06 am

I was bad this morning and ignored work to do some binge questing and opened up world quests. :D

Thank you very much Aranash for the maps and Floshakk for the coordinates. While it's occured to me Battle Pet Daily Tamer will have a limited role in the Broken Isles (since the world quest system does what the addon did for prior expansions: put paws on the map where a fight is available and removes them when they're not) the coordinates will be very useful for putting paws on the flight master map.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 6th, 2016, 9:17 am

Gello wrote:...the coordinates will be very useful for putting paws on the flight master map.
Hmm did you try your mousewheel when flighmaster map is open?

Gello

Post by Gello » July 6th, 2016, 9:38 am

Flohsakk wrote:Hmm did you try your mousewheel when flighmaster map is open?
Oh I did not. That's very cool!

Gello

Post by Gello » July 13th, 2016, 10:56 am

Thanks again for all the information guys. Every question in the first post is solved now.

Thanks especially to Flohsakk for the map coordinates. Those were an enormous help. While I had to run to each node to grab an extra set of numbers for each spot, just having a place to go on the map made it possible without waiting for the tamers to appear in the rotation.

I think Battle Pet Daily Tamer may be less needed this expansion (which is awesome--I genuinely enjoy having my addons become obsolete :D) but it has some perks that will make me keep using it and keeping it alive. A reworked version for the beta can be found here if any want to give it a try:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=23962

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 13th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Jarrun's Ladder : (56,46) - Helmouth Shallows

[url=http://i.imgur.com/c1cUCBJ.jpg]Image[/url]

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » July 15th, 2016, 10:54 am

Gello wrote:While I had to run to each node to grab an extra set of numbers for each spot
What are your needs for coords, gello? I can easily have more digits on my titan panel location thing... but if you need z-coords... then I think you have to do your own exlporation again ;)

Gello

Post by Gello » July 15th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Oh it's cool, the work's been done, but thanks!

But if you were curious, the macro in the original post:

Code: Select all

/run if not WorldMapFrame:IsVisible() then ToggleWorldMap() end SetMapZoom(0) local e,w1,w2,m1,m2=ChatFrame1EditBox,UnitPosition("player") m1,m2=GetPlayerMapPosition("player") e:Show() e:SetText(format("%d %d %.5f %.5f",w1,w2,m1,m2)) e:SetFocus(true)
It captures your "WorldLoc" with UnitPosition, which is -714,4641 for that little fighting area in Dalaran, and then zooms out to capture the azeroth-level map, which has a MapPosition of 0.28182,0.23854 (or 28.2,23.9 using the traditional coordinates) for that same spot.

You may already know this, but traditional map coordinates (MapPosition) are merely the percentage across and down from the topleft corner of the current zone map you're looking at. Your MapPosition coordinates change as you zoom in and out of maps. The WorldLoc coordinates are the coordinates at the continent-level and don't change because you don't change continents until you get to the azeroth-level zoom (the map that shows kalimdor, eastern kingdom, northrend, pandaria and now broken isles).

For Battle Pet Daily Tamer, where it was important to show tamers across many zoom levels of the map, instead of storing a huge mass of coordinates for many maps, or using Astrolabe like TomTom and HandyNotes do, both of which would've made the addon at least 4x bigger on its own than it is, it only cares about the WorldLoc and the azeroth-level MapPosition. For now it still contains the zone-level MapPosition as a leftover from its earlier use of Astrolabe and lately for supporting ctrl+clicking to set TomTom waypoints. But now that ctrl+click will go through the paws directly to the map those set of coordinates can go away to make the addon even smaller. I'm just waiting until the new version gets into wider use before abandoning those coordinates completely to avoid the extra work of having to re-add them if they turn out to be needed.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » August 7th, 2016, 5:58 am

I don't use the Daily Tamer addon, so I don't see where you put Aulier ("Master of Pets"). Comparing the screenshot from Alpha and today's appearance it seems the postition slightly changed to:

1415 3771 0.61310 0.43039

which is strange because the second numbers are not what I see in TitanPanel's coords (52.00 54.85)

Gello

Post by Gello » August 7th, 2016, 8:41 am

Thanks! I also see "It's Illid... Wait" finally spawned so that's the last coordinates needed. (6606 4634 0.60155 0.32620)

If curious about those numbers, the second set of numbers are the azeroth-level coordinates.

If you open the map and watch your titanpanel coordinates, zoom out and you'll see the coordinates of where you're standing change. The map coordinates are nothing like longitutde/latitude to describe a fixed position. It changes depending on the map you're looking at. If you zoom out to the azeroth map (where you see kalimdor, eastern kingdom, northren, pandaria and broken isles) and those coordinates are the second set.

Map coordinates used by titan panel/wowhead/etc are nothing more than a percentage across and down on the map. Coordinates are 0-1 (or 0-100) in both x and y. When you zoom out or click on an adjacent area on the edge of the map your position on the map changes because where you are on the map is a new position: new coordinates.

So instead of recording all possible coordinates for a point of interest (one position can translate to six or more coordinates depending on the map being looked at), I'm mostly concerned about the continent-level coordinates (the first set). These continent-level coordinates are referred to as WorldLoc in the game and are also used in the combat log. These do not change depending on the map you're looking at since it's a coordinate from within the entire continent.

But it's only relevant within the continent. So for the azeroth world map that is showing five different continents, I gather the map-specific map coordinates. Thus the need for the second set.