New Battle achievements

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
New Battle achievements

Post by Quintessence » May 6th, 2016, 1:27 am

11 new Pet Battle achievements in today's Alpha patch. One for each pet type, and the objective is to defeat 12 Broken Isles Tamers using a full team of a specific pet family.

And then there's the meta-achievement, Family Familiar, to complete all 10 family achievements, which rewards a new pet (Nightmare Treant).

I'm eager to see all of the ideas/teams for each trainer. I believe all 10 achievements list the same 12 trainers, so we'll have to complete each battle at least 10 times (with 10 different specific family type teams) to complete the meta.

Unfortunately account/data copy is still unavailable on Alpha, so proper testing might have to wait until we have access to our full pet rosters.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: New Battle achievements

Post by Paladance » May 6th, 2016, 1:43 am

I hope it has a proper reward to that! :)
A single pet seems a bit too meh after promising pet journal upgrade for a more "common" challenge.

I like the idea of type-based challenges since I've written a joke about Pet Halls, back in autumn. :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 6th, 2016, 12:28 pm

I'm looking forward to the challenge on this one! Kinda hoping that each single achiev has a reward too, even if its just a quality upgrade stone, because fighting all Legion tamers with one type of pet will be difficult.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 7th, 2016, 3:27 am

There are a total of 15 possible Broken Isles Master Tamers, but we only need to defeat 12 (for each pet family).

Here's a list of the Tamers and their teams - perhaps some pet theorycrafters can start brainstorming some strats/teams?

Some seem like they will be easier wins than others. Vs. Amalia's team using all Mechs for example. Using all Critters against that team may need more planning though. ;)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 7th, 2016, 9:21 am

Without seeing the tamers and Legion obtainables in practice, it's still hard to tell.
But how the actual ability output looks like?

Amalia:
  • [ability]Cute Face[/ability], [ability]Superbark[/ability] (Beast, can't kill), [ability]Tongue Lash[/ability] (Critter)
  • [ability]Buried Treasure[/ability], [ability]Dreadful Breath[/ability] (Humanoid), [ability]Howl[/ability]
  • [ability]Bark[/ability] (Beast), [ability]Inferno Herding[/ability] (Elemental), [ability]Puppies of the Flame[/ability] (Elemental)
Now it doesn't look so menacing! :lol: But still remains intriguing.
If their moveset isn't random, a decent avoidance is more than enough. Additionally, you'd need some shields and DoTs (for the Puppies), still not sure what becomes with Howl anyway.

Talking about the critters… Apart from various rabbits/crickets and what not, snails and porcupettes seem to be an answer.
And a [pet]Wolpertinger[/pet] for some nasty stuns.
(NOTE: There is NO critter with mech attacks. Nope.)

Aulier:
  • [ability]Quills[/ability] (Flying), [ability]Sunlight[/ability] (Elemental), [ability]Love Potion[/ability]
  • [ability]Focused Beams[/ability] (Magic), [ability]Eyeblast[/ability] (Magic), [ability]Dark Rebirth[/ability]
  • [ability]Whirlpool[/ability] (Aquatic), [ability]Tidal Wave[/ability] (Aquatic), [ability]Cleansing Rain[/ability] (Aquatic)
This opponent is varied enough to not give you very much problems, though you'd particularly have a problem with flyers (you have a [pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] for that kind of adventure and you'd need here to watch when your buff expires!) and elementals (air and earth elementals have some flying attacks, including [ability]Sandstorm[/ability] and a [pet]Phoenix Hatchling[/pet] also looks promising).
Of course, having healing reduction, especially [ability]Call Darkness[/ability], will be handy here aswell, what hints that besides the middle pet a flying team will actually make its way with a [pet]Crow[/pet] or two.

These descriptions are merely loose examples taken completely out of the thin air.
Well… I guess that I can call some EU fellas to help ^^

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507