Question about "Stones" trading and Levelled pets

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us
Question about "Stones" trading and Levelled pets

Post by Slab » July 18th, 2013, 8:03 am

Two questions (Sorry if you read this before I edited and added the second :p)

1) Just making sure I'm not missing something ...

When you folks talk here about trading family specific battle stones, what you're really saying is that you're willing to accept the person's pet, use a soulbound stone to make it rare, and hand the pet back, right? Because the stone is soulbound, and therefore the only pets you can do this with are ones that are tradeable in the first place?

I'm starting to get multiples of stones for families that are 100% rare in my collection ... I try to hold on to at least 1 of each for when I get the pets that are Uncommon only, but for the most part, I believe I only have one potential pet in my future I may have to use a Battle Stone for ... and that's not 'til December 21st (curse you, Snowy Owl!)

2) Do you find that selling or trading a full leveled pet really changes the value that much? I know that some folks are better set up/more tolerant/etc of getting a pet to level 25 than others, but I don't know how much more folks are willing to pay on the AH or in trade value for a level 25 instead of a level 1. In my case, I had a Fiendish Imp that wasn't S/S that I leveled to 25 for PvP, but got annoyed when other people's S/S Imps would beat me to the punch, so I picked up my own S/S and leveled that one too. I haven't put my first Imp on the AH or for trade here yet because I don't know if the 1 vs 25 matters that much.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Question about "Stones" trading and Levelled pets

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 18th, 2013, 8:30 am

Q1- yes... Cage and trade - other person upgrades and trades back for the agreed price

Q2- depends on the server.. My main's server it makes no difference
I have an alt on Illidan where the pet game is popular and lvl 25s are always posted for a mint more
Doesn't mean they always sell

Good luck

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13370
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » July 18th, 2013, 9:00 am

My server is a high pop and doesn't seem to care about 25 as you could easily grind that in a day or two by sneaking it in on your daily pet trainers. And stones are for cagable pets only... Unless you have a flawless BOE stone (which does exist I assure you I've had one) which you could outright sell.. If you get one do yourself a favor and don't easily give it away :)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 18th, 2013, 10:04 am

I know that I, personally, don't care if a pet is level 1 or 25 (or anywhere in between), but I know that there are some people who think a level 25 pet is worth more.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 18th, 2013, 11:02 am

Personally, if I was someone going for the 75 level 25 pets, I'd pay more for a level 24 pet than a 25, since buying a level 25 pet doesn't count to your leveling and achieve total (unless they changed that, I don't know). If you can get a pet that requires just one regular pet battle to get the achieve marker, that would make them pretty valuable.

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Diamondsoul » July 18th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Personally, I won't pay for a leveled to 25 pet because I can easily level one with my collection. Yay power leveling!

BUT I have sold several 25s for a small premium over the lower levels. Up until recently I have not even really cared too much for breed because I just was going for completion. Now I am tweeking my collection, trying to replace / upgrade / etc.

But, I think it boils down to what are you comfortable with?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 18th, 2013, 1:58 pm

1) Works just as you described. Never ever had a problem with someone trying to steal a pet or shaft on the agreed upon payment.
2) Varies by player. I personally put almost no extra value on a 25 vs a 1, because I can level it easily. In trades, when given the choice, I'll pick the 25 since I'm trying to max level all pets, but really I have no preference and wouldn't pay or trade more for a 25.

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Tenshiame » July 18th, 2013, 2:06 pm

my question is why people take so long to lvl a pet to 25, if I'm just focused on lvling pets I can get a pet from 1 to 25 in an hour.... maybe less if i use one of those xp treats or something

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » July 18th, 2013, 2:16 pm

I sell a ton of pets on Illidan. I always level them to 25 because it seems that you are undercut on a level 1 pet minutes after posting it. So the way I see it, if I level the pet to 25, it gives people incentive to buy it. It also lets me charge a bit more for the pet too, because sometimes a minor 500g difference is enough to swing the sale my way.