Legit Spectral Tiger Cub Thread

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Shootitup
Pet Score:1210
BattleTag®:DemonHunter#1223
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Legit Spectral Tiger Cub Thread

Post by Shootitup » July 17th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Hello all,
As most of you are aware the prices of Spectral Tiger Cubs has dropped substantially. Enough where it has already started ruining the market.
At the moment we're not sure how this started and how far it has spread, it has slowed down quite a bit in the last few days but the after effects are still going strong.
Unfortunately this has corrupted the minds of almost all serious Pet Traders. No one wants to go anywhere near one of these cubs.
So i'm making this thread in hopes of turning things around, at least a little bit. My goal is for people that want to trade/sell their Spectral Tiger Cub, can post here. Proof WILL be required.
Example: Who/when you acquired the Cub?
Links to trade threads or if you know someone personally, ask them to vouch for you here.

I'm not sure how else people go about getting proof. So if you have any good ideas, please share, i'll keep the post updated with ideas.

It's a really sad situation right now, but at least the people that have legit Cubs or people that want to buy Legit Cubs should not suffer.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Legit Spectral Tiger Cub Thread

Post by Peanutty » July 17th, 2013, 6:05 pm

I don't know if there is a good way to prove it unfortunately. Not everyone obtained them via trading on this forum - I bought mine several months ago off the AH but I certainly don't remember the seller's name.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 17th, 2013, 6:05 pm

For whatever reason, the suspicious cubs start at level 6: so a level 1-5 cub would probably be considered safe by most.

Beyond that, there is no way to provide proof, because pets do not have any uniquely identifying information associated with them. If someone could prove that they had a cub 1 year ago, I would be more inclined to trust them. So this info is definitely not useless. But, there is no way to prove that that cub is the same one they currently have. Duped cubs are completely identical to legit cubs, and even if Bliz had the ability to tell them apart, they have never removed these kind of shady items from regular peoples' accounts. They have consistently banned accounts that had dozens of the shady item (which they appear to be doing now with the cubs, very aggressively), but they have never touched the ones that made it out into the general public.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 17th, 2013, 6:25 pm

How do you know accounts are being banned over it?

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 17th, 2013, 7:08 pm

I've seen ~5 level 1s spamming Cubs in trade in the past 2 days. Every time, they were offline within 1 minute of starting their spam and never reappeared. I can't say they're being banned, but they're disappearing one way or another. But I have no idea how much of their stock is going with them, which is the important issue.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » July 18th, 2013, 9:50 am

Yeah legit is going to be hard. I know I've sold 1 cub and i have one in my collection...now but I got 1 from wow tcg loot and another from eBay a year ago which is the one in my collection... I don't know exactly how I'd prove either of those facts... Maybe if you want one that bad that's legit... Just buy from a known good trader you've traded with a trust? That's my only solution.

Shootitup

Post by Shootitup » July 18th, 2013, 9:53 am

Exactly. The one I have in my possession is also off eBay. Just a few months ago. Oh well.

Ablutos
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Ablutos » July 18th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Woah thread has been derailed, there is like 5 cub topic guys do we need to bring the banter here too
Anways i have a legit cub Aidan#1312 if interested, like i said in my thread though probably has to much value to me personally to trade it as i cant compete with 125k cubs.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » July 18th, 2013, 1:14 pm

The "banter" should be here. This is the wow trading pet forums. If anywhere this is where this discussion should be.

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Diamondsoul » July 18th, 2013, 1:29 pm

At least with my cub, I can scan a copy of my card that I used to get the code off of.. Probably still have the info in my account management somewhere that could be screenshot showing a code being redeemed. But that might be a bit much... Not sure how much effort I would go to for that... Would leveling the pet to 25 make a difference in its legitimacy?

Heck, as it is I don't even actively post all of the pets I have to trade because it is just so much effort. I mean, I have a case of WoW TCG sitting on my bookshelf and I have not even opened the box yet. As well as something like ten of the current Star Craft expansion boxes sitting next to it. I guess it just boils down to me being lazy... :mrgreen:

Back on topic... What was I saying? What really would make someone feel comfortable that their trade is legit? It is all just pixels... Maybe time will heal this soon?

Shootitup

Post by Shootitup » July 18th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Honestly I don't think leveling it to 25 would help much. Because anyone can buy a Duped Cub and level it to 25, easily.
As Ablutos mentioned above, I still value these cubs Highly. So any offer below 150k, I wouldn't even bother with. So if it has to come down to that, where no one will pay over 150k for one, then I have no problem in holding on to it.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 18th, 2013, 3:19 pm

I guess at this point the safest cubs that have the chance to be legit would be ones that are levels 1-5. Since all the duped cubs are 6.

Ablutos
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Ablutos » July 18th, 2013, 10:43 pm