How do you value pet level?

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
How do you value pet level?

Post by Tahsfenz » March 28th, 2013, 8:08 am

Figured I'd post this here, since it's related to pet trading.

I was curious how people value pet level 1 as opposed to a higher level? I've just noticed I end up apart on value sometimes due to a pet being higher level. Personally, level doesn't matter to me. I don't mind leveling pets. With over 100 25s, it tends tobe pretty easy. Sometimes I prefer a lower level for my wife's achievements.

I'm Just curious where everyone stands on this.

Meldron
Top Rater
Pet Score:4602
BattleTag®:Meldwyn#1993
Realm:Galakrond-us

Re: How do you value pet level?

Post by Meldron » March 28th, 2013, 8:24 am

For me, level doesn't matter at all and I won't pay more or trade more as a result of the pet being a different lvl than 1. It is way too easy for me to level a pet to 25 for it to matter at all in the cost.

Globally, over the past few months, I have seen less and less emphasis on selling lvl 25's for more than their lvl 1 counterparts as well. Now, this may be due to the fact that more people are completing their collections and realize it doesn't matter, or that I am now only trading mid to upper tier pets and those buyers/sellers are a lot more aware that the value of a pet doesn't depend on its level.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 28th, 2013, 8:31 am

Since most experienced Pet Battlers can PowerLevel a pet to 25 in about an hour, it makes no difference.

If I could pick an ideal pet level to sell on the AH I would choose Level 9, because it would qualify for achieves, and maybe help someone starting out and looking for a boost.

Rakeling
Pet Score:13912
BattleTag®:rakeling#1648
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Rakeling » March 28th, 2013, 9:27 am

the people who care about their pet scores on this site or wowprogress probably see some value in max level pets. sure you can power level that pet, but i've been power levelling for months and still only have half my collection at 25. if i can get 25 levels instantly through a trade, sweet. i'll keep that and trade off the lowby.

i don't trade specifically for max level pets, but i'm usually happy when i end up with them. i see them listed in the AH for substantially higher prices, but i don't know if they sell. as far as partially levelled pets... meh. gimme either 1 or 25.