Scam Alert

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Minqua
Pet Score:2427
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Scam Alert

Post by Minqua » January 22nd, 2013, 7:24 pm

First I would like to say since pets became cage-able I've made many trades with great people from many different servers on both factions. And I've even done a few pets for mounts trades or vice versa. But today I got scammed and I just wanted to share what happened to me with the community so nobody else has the same thing happen to them.

Scam Alert:

I logged in last night and got a friend request from DOODOOEYES who posted in the tcg buy sell thread forum for trades. I accepted their battle tag friend request. Their battle tag is "!@#$%^jews" (the first part is an offensive word that starts with n). They made an excuse about the offensive battletag name, brothers fooling around etc and we worked out a trade. I had to faction change and realm hop since it was a mount for mount trade.

I checked with them twice before I paid $55 for the realm hop and faction change. Both times they assured me the trade was on and were eager for the trade to occur.

Well guess what... once I paid the $55 and was on their realm they rubbed in the cost and said congratulations you just got trolled.

Phlogiston
Pet Score:4747
BattleTag®:Phlogiston#1786
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Scam Alert

Post by Phlogiston » January 22nd, 2013, 8:59 pm

Damn, Mink... that sucks. :( Integrity seems to be an endangered animal, sometimes. Sorry that happened to you.

Alias_node
BattleTag®:AliasNode#1351
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Alias_node » January 22nd, 2013, 9:30 pm

why not just make a DK on his server, and vice versa?

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » January 22nd, 2013, 9:35 pm

Hard to believe people get their jollies doing things like this. Very sorry about your lost money and time. :|

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » January 22nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

Wow i cant believe there are complete axxholes like that =.=.

Minqua

Post by Minqua » January 22nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

Alias_node wrote:why not just make a DK on his server, and vice versa?
I had an amani dragonhawk mount and a rocket chicken I offered for his spectral tiger mount...

I transferred the toon to get the amani dragonhawk mount to his server.

Minqua

Post by Minqua » January 22nd, 2013, 10:01 pm

Breanni wrote:Hard to believe people get their jollies doing things like this. Very sorry about your lost money and time. :|

I know... I'm still a little shocked by the whole thing. I just wanted to get the word out so more people don't get taken advantage of for someone's twisted humor.

Avarre
Top Rater

Post by Avarre » January 22nd, 2013, 10:21 pm

Can we plz ban that guy? Oh and Minqua, report that guy for his offensive battletag as well.

Alannia
Pet Score:8030
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Alannia » January 22nd, 2013, 11:24 pm

So sorry to hear about you being scammed. The positive thing is that all your conversation was done in-game so that means Blizzard can easily go through the chatlogs and see that DOODOOEYES admited making you transfer just to troll you. I really hope Blizzard will ban that jerk.
Last edited by Alannia on January 23rd, 2013, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nomadd
Top Rater
Pet Score:12444
Realm:Tortheldrin-us

Post by Nomadd » January 23rd, 2013, 1:43 am

If you're exceptionally lucky, given the circumstances you may be able to get a reversal (though unlikely, generosity from Blizzard is scarce anymore it seems). As a personal rule of thumb, I tend to avoid/be skeptical about anyone with an all caps-lock name of any sort, let alone racism. I know it's not much solace, but I hope things work out for you.

Oceanaia
Top Rater
Pet Score:5376
BattleTag®:Oceanaia#1971
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Oceanaia » January 23rd, 2013, 2:04 am

Avarre wrote:Can we plz ban that guy? Oh and Minqua, report that guy for his offensive battletag as well.
This. We do not need this guy scamming other players on these forums again. I am very sorry you had this experience Minqua. Report this guy as I am pretty sure Blizzard will investigate and possibly get this guy banned. It's very sad that people feel the need to do this to others.

Serasi1965
MVP
Pet Score:3447
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Serasi1965 » January 23rd, 2013, 3:23 am

Sadly the world is full of malicious people who do such things for kicks. Even here we aren't free from it. I am so sorry it happened to you.

Minqua

Post by Minqua » January 23rd, 2013, 7:26 am

I know there were warning signs there with the character name, battle tag name etc, but the person was very reassuring. Its a shame that some people out there would do something like this.

I got the charges cancelled by calling billing which was really great. And hopefully now the word is out about this player.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 23rd, 2013, 8:44 am

That really sucks but at least you where able to get out of it without being charged. Glad to see Blizzard does still have some human qualities lol. I really can't believe people get off on stuff like that, thanks for the heads up on him.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Avarre
Top Rater

Post by Avarre » January 23rd, 2013, 11:23 am

I still say u report him.

Minqua

Post by Minqua » January 23rd, 2013, 12:10 pm

Avarre wrote:I still say u report him.

I told the customer service rep over the phone about it last night. His response was something like that kind of trade is not recommended or supported by blizzard. All trades should be done on the same realm in the trade window. Which I agree with and we were going to do. But he tricked me into server changing just for the sake of me losing money.

The ticket I posted yesterday in-game also detailed what happened but I think the gm was more focused on the monetary aspect which was already sorted out. I put a similar thread to this one on the battle pets forum and customer service forum. The customer service forum got semi-trolled and so did the battle pets one (there were also many supportive posts on the battle pets forum). The customer service forum thread got locked and I think the battle pets one got deleted.

I think I will post another ticket today focused on that player's conduct. But at this point I don't foresee any punitive action being taken because of the above mentioned reason.

All in all I wasted a few hours of my time, got very aggravated and feel kind of stupid. But at least I got the charge reversed. And I hope my actions prevent this from happening to someone else.

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 23rd, 2013, 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear about that mink! :( That really sucks; I know I would of been pissed if it had happened to me.

Minqua

Post by Minqua » January 24th, 2013, 5:39 pm

*Update

I opened another ticket and this was the response:

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Howdy **********!

Game Master ********** here! We have investigated Doodooeyes for scamming, and
are taking the appropriate actions. Because of privacy concerns, we are unable
to disclose the nature of the action taken. Our goal here is to educate players
this is not appropriate behavior.

(section about not being able to reimburse me, which is something billing already did)

Mind you, this does not mean we lack sympathy or compassion for those who have
been "wronged". I have personally witnessed questionable behavior by raid
leaders and guild officers on a number of occasions, and I'm fully aware of the
consequences such activities can have:(
/bows deeply"

So... idk what educating players means from their end but I'm sure its just some silly slap on the wrist or warning.