Well that didn't take long...

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Vaetki
Pet Score:1919
BattleTag®:snowskin#1517
Realm:Thrall-us
Well that didn't take long...

Post by Vaetki » July 4th, 2014, 10:32 am

Appears as if dupers have access to Tuskarr kites now as well. There's two up on my realm at 54k by a level 1 toon. :/ Seems as if they are showing up a lot more recently across popular servers.

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Re: Well that didn't take long...

Post by Mystical » July 4th, 2014, 11:48 am

A lot of them listed between 50-55k in many many realms, so this seems to be true... Thanks for the heads up

Mystical

Post by Mystical » July 4th, 2014, 11:51 am

Please read: The same person who is selling duped Tuskarr Kites, soul traders and spectral kittens in my realm is also selling Bananas for only 26k

I checked TUJ and there are lots of Bananas posted in many realms for the same price :(

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 4th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Can Blizzard ban these people or what... You can't put gold anywhere in battlepets anymore !

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 4th, 2014, 1:10 pm

At least more people can own them and battle with them.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 1:55 pm

*sigh* Looks like Tuskarr Kite, Bananas and Viscous Horror (another wave of these). This is just getting beyond stupid. I think after I sell/trade off my remaining pets I'm done with them. Tired of pets just getting crushed by dupers and blizzard doing jack crap to stop them.

And Tekulve. That is just a weak copout to say more people can own and battle with them. Yeah sure that is a side effect but it makes many pets not very special and pointless.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 2:05 pm

This just makes me sad. I enjoy pet trading so much, but the more of these pets that get duped with no apparent end in sight just makes it a pointless hobby for me. I mean my collection has been done for a long time and I mostly traded now for enjoyment of haggling and getting to meet other pet collectors. Gold has never really been a motivating factor for me as before I even got started with pets I had millions of gold and practically every in game TCG fun item I wanted. I picked up pets as something to do and the collecting/trading aspect appealed to me very much. But now we have what, 6 major pets that are on the dupe list?

Those 6 pets would be Ethereal Soul-Trader, Spectral Tiger Cub, Tuskarr Kite, Dragon Kite, Viscous Horror, and Bananas. 5 of those are just major expensive TCG pets and the one that baffles me the most is the VH which is an in game pet but that has not stopped whatever loophole/duping exploit these people are using. The lack of blue responses on this issue has been annoying enough but the fact this hole has not been plugged is the worst part.

Mystical

Post by Mystical » July 4th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Yeah probably the next dupes will be s/s darkmoon rabbits :/ and rocket chickens

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Why stop there? rocket chickens, rabbits, hippo hatchlings, guardian cubs, crawling claws, small tcgs? Nothing is freaking safe it seems. Just makes me so sad that this has happened again that I'm quitting pet trading when my stuff is gone.

Zahira
MVP
Pet Score:10951
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Zahira » July 4th, 2014, 3:59 pm

I can't seem to find it now but there was a blue post about this subject in the forums a while ago, the official Blizzard answer to this was there is no such thing as a duped pet/mount and there are only hacked accounts selling actual pets that don't belong to them. If you buy one from a hacked account eventually they will take it away, otherwise your good, Blizzard officially doesn't acknowledge duped pets. So I assume it's a gold seller trying to sell off as many actual pets as possible, they probably got their hands on a ton of cards from the most recent release which includes every loot card ever made, they may have found it more profitable to redeem codes and sell the pets in game, and then sell the gold made from that for cash rather then selling the pets on ebay. So the pets aren't fake, just sold by gold sellers.
Zahira#1279

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Yeah a lot of us remember the claim Blizzard used of 'compromised accounts' during the Level 6 spectral tiger craze. My easy counter to this. Is wow. There sure was a lot of 'compromised accounts' that not only had one of the rarest pets in the game at the time (spectral cub) but they were ALL level 6. It was a BS copout on Blizz's part and most of us did not buy it nor do we buy it now. We had more than enough evidence being shown that it was an impossibility for all the compromised accounts in the game to have had that many spectral cubs, let alone ALL of them being level 6 at the same time.

It is also possible they found a loophole to redeem tons more TCG pets than intended as 5 out of the 6 pets that have been 'duped' are TCGS. The VH is the strange one but it has only had 2 dupe waves counting today. I still personally believe the pets are fake as hell as you just don't go from less than 15 Tuskarr Kites on all horde servers in the past few months to over 100 of them overnight. I don't care how many TCG codes you have there is just the sheer rarity of such a thing to happen is a bit strange.

And to finally counter point that. Why in the hell would you as a gold seller FLOOD the market when you could easilly sell these things at 80k-90k a pop and sell them quickly. Flooding the market just makes it even worse for them to make more profits.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 4th, 2014, 4:57 pm

Faelar - like you I have contributed at this site and in game to promote all aspects of this battlepet collecting/minigame. I am just as saddened as you at pets' value dying and I even see a risk in this duping turning people off pets all together. I love them too much for that and plan to continue to use all my 600 leveled pets (566 unique) to their full extent.

I often give away pets to good people ..I'm sure I've given away 100k worth by now to guildies and people who need a boost. While I feel bad about people's losses when a dupe hits we can hardly say its unexpected given the past 2 years evidence and part of me is happy some people can get the EST or kite they always wanted.. For those with less gold its a bonus...for those using pets to move/make gold it hurts

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Yeah I mean I'm not sad that people who have wanted some of these pets for the longest time can get some of them. I am saddened that the people profiting from this are gold sellers/cheaters/etc.

It just really turns me off to pet trading in general now because the only pets that are unlikely to get hit are sub 10k pets at this point. Any high value pet is a dupe target or has already been duped so those pets become worth less and less until they become 10k pets themselves. Just not much fun left in it as I cannot craft these massive bulk trades for a 80k pet or something anymore. Those were fun to do, lot of haggling and figuring out the right trade. Now that is even harder to do. Bleah.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 4th, 2014, 5:18 pm

110% agreed

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Yeah jewelled onyx panthers were for a long time one of the big dupes, and they were easier to spot because they could not be listed on the AH. But now they can be, so either they changed how it is done or its just a cheap gold funnel method to spread gold as thin as possible all over so it is harder for Blizz to track and remove it.

Either way it really sucks to see pets screwed like this (and Im surprised mounts havent been hit outside of the panther).

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jabart » July 4th, 2014, 7:54 pm

So infuriating. I'm always buying TCG pets off eBay to sell for gold, and had just restocked Tuskarr Kite days ago. I'm sick of my investments completely collapsing in value overnight while hackers profit. I'm done with high end pets; I just have absolutely no confidence in the market anymore.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 4th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Yeah I mean I don't toss real money at any pets but I do invest a lot of gold and time in trading for them. To have a pet I traded for only a few days ago just lose 60k in value that quick was really sad.

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » July 4th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Jabart wrote:So infuriating. I'm always buying TCG pets off eBay to sell for gold, and had just restocked Tuskarr Kite days ago. I'm sick of my investments completely collapsing in value overnight while hackers profit. I'm done with high end pets; I just have absolutely no confidence in the market anymore.
Ouch. That's the real tragedy, here.
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » July 4th, 2014, 8:37 pm

.....WHAT IF....it's an inside job?......

Like what if, Blizzard is actually spreading the pets in game to flood the market and bring down the price of the pets on Ebay...

Could this even be a possibility?

I had acquired extra Wind RIder Cubs, when they said they were available for a limited time and paid a whole lot extra. Then they brought it back. But now everyone has a chance to have them....

The few of us who are lucky enough to acquire these pets and then extras of them to trade is a lot more fewer than the people who have gotten these pets from dupes and are happy with them. [No real numbers here, but by the looks of how many people have them now, like EVERYONE can have one...]

Could it be an inside job? =X