Well that didn't take long...

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Re: Well that didn't take long...

Post by Simmias » July 5th, 2014, 2:45 am

Five rocket chickens on frostmourne for 40-45k.

Nice job blizz.

Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Pettea » July 5th, 2014, 2:48 am

Angelwings626 wrote:But back to your question. Cannot prove. BUT, if they have 6 sets of EST/SPECTRAL CUBS/V. HORRORS somethings not right....
I'm not convinced [because only evidence convinces me]; anyway, TCG items sell for both gold and money easily - they're fairly liquid assets. I personally would find it unsurprising for a third party seller to have several of these. How much did they ask for the Spectral Tiger? Those can be had around 500 euros. The Spectral Tiger cub is roughly 125 euros (and can be freely traded caged). I reckon gold goes at around 1 euro per 1000 gold these days (I'm not sure, I've never bought gold before as I'm not rich), so a typical Spectral Tiger cub would go for around 125000 gold from gold sellers?

What do they ask for these things? If they're significantly cheaper, then I guess it might be some sort of indication they have different sources for them outside the normal methods.

I would also expect these pets to be an extremely solid method of depositing excess gold. Imagine you're a gold seller, you produce a lot of gold each week, right now you're not selling a lot because Blizzard is slacking development and people are waiting for the next expansion. When it arrives, gold will probably become more readily available. Rare pets probably will not, especially TCG ones. It'd be a wise move to invest your gold into purchasing these pets if you find them available. They're fairly easy to move after all.

Anyway, it'd be more interesting to find out exactly how many boxes of that expansion were sold, you could approximate a rough number of tiger cubs in the world, perhaps estimate a wow population count from the Petopia numbers, and see if they match up.

It'd be a far stronger indication than 'suddenly seeing a lot on the auction house', which may just be gold sellers moving around assets, or filling in orders, or whatever gold sellers do.

Pettea

Post by Pettea » July 5th, 2014, 2:50 am

Simmias wrote:Five rocket chickens on frostmourne for 40-45k.

Nice job blizz.
Considering they're roughly 40 euros, that's 1 euro per thousand gold, which is perfectly in concordance with current gold rates (assuming the rates in my previous post are accurate). Exactly what you'd expect to see in a normally functioning third party market.

Or even a normal market, since if you're a regular person, and you're like: I want to buy gold in WoW, but in a Blizzard sanctioned way. You go purchase a WoW TCG battle pet, and you put it on the auction house for the gold value you want.

Perfectly normal market behaviour. If I was rich, I WOULD DO THIS!!!! I hate farming for gold. Pet collectors get their pet for a fair value, I get gold for a fair value. Everyone wins. No gold sellers involved. Cheers all around!
Last edited by Pettea on July 5th, 2014, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 2:52 am

That is the though Pettea. If they had such a supply of these TCG codes then why did it take so long for Tuskarr kites to show up? Why is hippo hatchling not one of these pets? Where are the Rocket Chickens?

Where are the mounts? If TCG codes are so easy to be had then where are all the TCG mounts for stupid cheap prices.

As far as the amount of TCG codes to the amount of pets in game. I really don't think much of it because like I said it is only recently that MASSIVE amounts of only CERTAIN pets have shown up. If it was every mid range-high range TCG pet then I would not think much of it. But when a few hundreds Bananas show up out of no where and no hippogryph hatchlings pop up? Red flag.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 2:53 am

I really think Aveia is spot on though. Too many little odd things happening to not notice something really strange going on.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » July 5th, 2014, 2:55 am

Pettea wrote:
What do they ask for these things? If they're significantly cheaper, then I guess it might be some sort of indication they have different sources for them outside the normal methods.

They are selling at 25k each IF, all sets are bought. So yes, SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

And YES indeed must have a different method of obtaining them. Their supply seems unlimited because they wanted to sell the bulk for 450k and said could provide more if needed.

Pettea

Post by Pettea » July 5th, 2014, 2:58 am

Faelar wrote:That is the though Pettea. If they had such a supply of these TCG codes then why did it take so long for Tuskarr kites to show up? Why is hippo hatchling not one of these pets? Where are the Rocket Chickens?

Where are the mounts? If TCG codes are so easy to be had then where are all the TCG mounts for stupid cheap prices.

As far as the amount of TCG codes to the amount of pets in game. I really don't think much of it because like I said it is only recently that MASSIVE amounts of only CERTAIN pets have shown up. If it was every mid range-high range TCG pet then I would not think much of it. But when a few hundreds Bananas show up out of no where and no hippogryph hatchlings pop up? Red flag.
Mounts can't be traded, so they're not fluent goods. They're based on trust. Noone 'trusts' spamming gold sellers. Therefore you can't sell them as easily as pets, which require no trust, just gold.

"why did it take so long for Tuskarr kites to show up?" your failure to imagine a reason other than "dupes" does not allow you to use this as a reason for "dupes", that's fallacious reasoning. From the top of my mind: perhaps the card itself was valued in tournament level play (I have no clue), perhaps a large quantity of boxes was left over and finally moved.

Keep in mind, the prices of these pets are also demand, as more collectors want an item, the price goes up. As the pet's price goes up, the value of a TCG box goes up. If the value of a TCG box goes over the current price of a TCG box, they are bought and the pets enter the market.

Why didn't you think of these arguments though? Assuming that I'm not rehashing discredited arguments.

And no, it's not a red flag if there's lots of bananas but no hatchlings, they're different expansions. You also need to explain why this would be a red flag. Evidence. Evidence for your claims, or at least a little reasoning. I'm a fair-minded person, but just making claims won't help anyone. Rather just cheer you can get these pets nice 'n cheap (yay!)

Faelar wrote:I really think Aveia is spot on though. Too many little odd things happening to not notice something really strange going on.
Assuming you're a human, I would like to inform you that humans are excellent pattern seekers. Unfortunately, humans are rather terrible at it at the same time, and tend to see patterns where they do not exist, and miss patterns where there are. I guess we're much better at seeing relationships and agencies (also where there are none). [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_recognition_%28psychology%29]Patternz! (And why we really need to sit through those horribly boring lectures with grey professors that explain to us all the myriad ways in which our own (!) brains deceive us and make us think things we really shouldn't. We shouldn't let this put us down, because that's why we're all here for, to keep pointing it out to eachother, because no matter how awesomely smart you are, you can't really stop yourself from digging yourself some nice pits and then falling into them. In fact, yours truly is writing this from the bottom of a very deep pit, probably. If only I could tell myself.[/url]

Practically a lot of 'little odd things' accrued here, but none of them were actually backed up, and it seems (see my previous posts) many can be explained by normal market action (especially regular people buying TCG to sell for gold, as a means to safely as well as santionedly purchase in-game gold).

Angelwings626 wrote:They are selling at 25k each IF, all sets are bought. So yes, SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

And YES indeed must have a different method of obtaining them. Their supply seems unlimited because they wanted to sell the bulk for 450k and said could provide more if needed.

Mmm, so there might indeed something else going on. It would be nice if we could examine those level 6 pets that people claim to have seen, and see if they also had identical experience totals. It would make the 'duping' argument more credible.
Last edited by Pettea on July 5th, 2014, 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:02 am

haha yeah I mean if you wanted you could buy 18 Ethereal Soul-Traders and they still have MORE to sell. That isn't even slightly odd! I mean I had 5 soul-traders on my AH earlier today and 4 of them were sub 30k.

Let me put it this way. If the supply was limited you'd want to put those things at a reasonable price so you could make enough gold to turn and flip it and sell it, which is what these people want to do. But if the supply was near unlimited you can put them at whatever you like and flip much more gold.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:06 am

Pettea go look on ebay's history over the past year for Tuskarr Kite and use that for some backstory on the value of this pet. Go look at underminejournal info for how many tuskarr kite's have been for sale and what they sold for even as far as 1 month ago.

I never said I "fail to imagine a reason other than duping", it is all possible that they have a huge supply of TCG codes thus creating 'legit' pets. The fact is if they had so many codes they should be selling them on ebay for much easier cash.

And to use your own terrible argument against you. "If the prices of these pets are also demand, as more collectors want an item the price goes up." Why in the hell are tuskarr kites 70k CHEAPER than they were last week. You'd think with more tuskarr kites coming in people would snap them up for collections and the price would stay the same or slightly go up as the chance to get them has arrived. Instead overnight the price of kites dropped 70k! 70....freaking K.

And yes it IS a red flag that there are hundreds of bananas and no hippo hatchlings. The expansion they came from does not matter as both expansions had been out of print for a few YEARS now.

So please Pettea, come back with something that resembles well thought out posts instead of you hiding behind some level 1 character making bs claims on your very new WCP account. I even have a pretty good idea of who you are, someone else that started trouble on this site some time ago. I'd love for some admins to check out the IPs
Last edited by Faelar on July 5th, 2014, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » July 5th, 2014, 3:08 am

has no pet score
Joined a few days ago.
Thinks duping doesn't 'exist' and this is good for the market.

Oh yeah this poster isn't dodge at all.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:10 am

Simmias I really think it is someone that used to do shady things on this site. I mean I really believe I know who it is, just the way they talk and the crap they try to start.

Pettea

Post by Pettea » July 5th, 2014, 3:10 am

Faelar wrote:haha yeah I mean if you wanted you could buy 18 Ethereal Soul-Traders and they still have MORE to sell. That isn't even slightly odd! I mean I had 5 soul-traders on my AH earlier today and 4 of them were sub 30k.

Let me put it this way. If the supply was limited you'd want to put those things at a reasonable price so you could make enough gold to turn and flip it and sell it, which is what these people want to do. But if the supply was near unlimited you can put them at whatever you like and flip much more gold.
Ethereal plunderers go for 125 euros, so they should sell around roughly 125k. If they're significantly cheaper, there *might* be a fishy source. This however does not prove duping. Duping is a fishy source, sure, but it's not the only fishy source. And there are still myriad ways in which these pets could enter the market in a sanctioned way. The expansion they were in sold well as well if memory serves, so they should be more plentiful. I'm not sure why they are this expensive, comparing it to the Spectral Kitten, you'd expect there to be more.

A fourth of the expected price definitely is cheap to say the least. I can't explain that, but that's all you can say as well. It's unexpected, but calling it fishy is really just making a case for something you have no evidence for.

Simmias wrote:has no pet score
Joined a few days ago.

And the moon landing wasn't real either. I think I gave plentiful reasoning and will let the topic go - this is just escalating in more conspiracy theories without any actual reasoning (not from all of you, I feel bad about writing this, thanks for the discussion from all of you nice people!), if anyone wants to discuss matters further, I presume this website has a messaging option. I'm always open to reasoning and discussion, in fact (obviously), I enjoy it! Also open for donations of Ethereal Plunderers, as I'm poor and don't have things like that :) {PS. Seems it didn't connect to my collection of pets on the character I listed, I have updated it for your browsing pleasure, although it's a bit of a red herring / attack on my character instead of addressing my actual arguments but /facepalming away already anyway >.< }

Angelwings626 wrote:
Joined a few days ago.

Oh shoot Simmias. I should have seen it...

We are being TRolOlOlOlOlOlol!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
And there we go, another person that feels the need to fallacy away any arguments I might have given. Ah well, I had fun thinking about these things, that's good enough. Hope my arguments made sense to some of you :) You two would definitely fail class though >.< Now go make your homework >.<
Last edited by Pettea on July 5th, 2014, 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:11 am

You do understand that some of these sets have been out of print for YEARS right? Only the very last expansion that came out put some of those cards back into circulation and even then it was just a small leftover amount.

And what is fishy to you? A 100 dollar pet going for 30k? I'd say that is fishy to me.
Last edited by Faelar on July 5th, 2014, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » July 5th, 2014, 3:11 am

Joined a few days ago.

Oh shoot Simmias. I should have seen it...

We are being TRolOlOlOlOlOlol!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:20 am

Yeah I saw it right away when I saw their post count. I looked at the joined date and then looked at the few previous posts they had before joining in on this thread. I went to armory the person but was unable to do so because they are sub level 10.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 5th, 2014, 3:39 am

Nobody is trading pets in this thread sooo ..Hey WCP, can we start a <Blizzard allows pet value death> official forum on this site so we can moan and lament in glorious harmony ? ;) ;)
Last edited by Tekulve2012 on July 5th, 2014, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 5th, 2014, 3:40 am

I saw you post in the wrong thread a min ago! And I say *growl* to you!