[US Madoran (H)] Raid Team for Guild Achievements

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Nataliana
Pet Score:3447
Realm:Madoran-us
[US Madoran (H)] Raid Team for Guild Achievements

Post by Nataliana » March 17th, 2014, 7:01 am

Hello WCP family, and specifically those Horde players on Madoran!

I've noticed it been mentioned a few times, and I know there is interest from several individuals (hopefully more than just those I've seen ask in guild chat), but we haven't yet seen the creation of a raid team to tackle the guild achievements we need to earn those elusive pets and mounts. I have been tasked by Bloody to organize and lead a team of brave adventurers into the depths of the Mists of Pandaria raids to go and fetch those achievements. If you feel you have what it takes to be part of this team, read on.

First and foremost, this is not a hardcore progression raid guild. Most members of these guilds are collectors of various types, mainly pets and mounts, and haven't had a lot of "current content" raid experience. However, within the many hundred of members between the 3 guilds, I know we have the talent and experience. There are some players, like myself, that actually enjoy the hard work (and repeated wiping) involved in progression raiding. I expect these players have already pushed well into SoO on other servers, or even cleared it. These are the players I'm looking for. That said, I've seen that we have interest from players that have not done current content raiding, but are willing to put in the effort to get up to speed and be a part of this team. If you fall into this latter category, please speak up, and we'll have a discussion.

Expectations for this raid team will be pretty straightforward. Show up when we have scheduled raids, commit to being there the entire time without having to go afk (obvious RL emergency type things excepted), be well versed on the abilities and roles of your character, have your character fully ready to raid by raid start time, expect to move at a good pace through the raid trash, etc. All the standard progression raid expectations I'm sure you are familiar with. I don't see any raid ever being scheduled for more than 3 hours at a time, and I don't want to push for raiding more than two times a week. No, we may not clear the entire raid every week. We also may not reset the raid lockout every week, either, in the name of progression.

This shouldn't be a job; this should be fun. On the other side of that coin, this should also be important enough that you are at least reading/watching guides on upcoming fights that you are not familiar with. I expect all raiders to be at least familiar with the basic mechanics of each encounter. If you have never run MSV, HoF, or ToES, go try it on LFR. With current gear levels, it tends to be a faceroll, and mechanics are largely ignored. On heroic mode, this will not be the case, so don't get sucked into the crowd mentality, and look around and see what's actually happening during the fights. Players will be held accountable for their roles, and no one will be carried through these raids. This is a team, and all parts work in unison to get the whole to where we want to be.

If you aren't scared off yet, if you're excited to finally go get those vanity items you've been eyeballing for months now, and if you're willing to commit, leave a note here. Your character will be expected to move to the Pet Peeves guild. Post with your character name, raid role, and any relevant information or concerns. If you have multiple characters that are geared and ready that you're willing to play, list that as well. We may need to do some swapping around to get the team built for success. I'd like to get 12-13 people on board, as quickly as possible. Contact me here or in-game (btag Kenisaz#1563).

Thanks for your interest, and here's to some WCP bragging rights!

*UPDATE - Raid time will be Friday nights at 9:30p (Server Time), and run for 2-3 hours, depending on how quickly we can get these raids done. MSV and HoF are 6 bosses each, ToES is 4 (with very little trash), so I expect we can move at a decent pace.

*UPDATE 2 - List of players and their respective characters and raid roles:

Tank - Nataliana - Okalã (Paladin)
Tank - Desantis - Desantis (Death Knight)
Healer - Broskey - Wonkothesane (Monk)
Healer - Tripsied - Ishneloh (Druid)
Healer - Kymuri - Kymuri (Paladin)
Damage - Bloodyfields - Bloodyfields (Warrior)
Damage - Dezdemona - Dezdemona (Warlock)
Damage - Risatina - Risatina (Hunter)
Damage - Ravnhawk - Jorrian (Shaman)
Damage - Einehpets - Einehpets (Mage)

Alternate 1 - Gevirah - Gevirah (Hunter)
Alternate 2 -
Last edited by Nataliana on April 3rd, 2014, 10:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Nataliana

Re: [US Madoran (H)] Raid Team for Guild Achievements

Post by Nataliana » March 17th, 2014, 7:09 am

Nataliana, Warlock, 553 ilvl.
Okalã, Paladin (protection), terrible ilvl, but willing to boost very quickly via AH if needed as a tank.

Availability: M,T,F,Sa,Su 7:30p-11:00p (server time)

Cleared MSV, HOF, ToES, SoO (all 10N), no heroic encounters completed. Former guild fell apart before ToT got cleared.
Last edited by Nataliana on March 27th, 2014, 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152

Post by Bloodyfields » March 17th, 2014, 8:04 am

The achievement we are after is Glory of the Pandaria Raider for Pet Peeves. The idea behind LFR on SoO is the chances to improve your gear and it will be more on the lines of the guild runs as far as difficulty in the raids needed for the achievment.

Bloodyfields TG Fury warrior 543 ilvl, mrrobot approved. I would fall into the "has not completed current content" category. I'm willing to put in the work to be considered.
ToT 6/12 lfr
SoO 8/16 lfr

Available Fri/Sat nights 7:30 server until....
Last edited by Bloodyfields on March 19th, 2014, 10:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Dezdemona
Pet Score:4665
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Dezdemona » March 17th, 2014, 8:18 am

Dezdemona, Warlock, iLvl 534. I am working on this. I have been trying to get into some flex raid via OpenRaid.us.

Mogu'shan Vaults: 6/6 normal (0 heroic)
Heart of Fear: 0/6 normal (0 heroic)
Terrace of Endless Spring: 0/4 normal (0 heroic)

I am available any night, mostly. There will be the occasional real life interruptions.

Broskey
Pet Score:4948
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Broskey » March 17th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Only toon currently on Madoran is monk healer, Wonkothesane, iLvl 538. Been a few months since going into any of those raids, but have completed them all and familiar with the mechanics. I don't think you can cross-realm invite for 10man reg/heroic, but if i'm wrong about that, have a iLvl 552 Enh sham (main) that would be happy to help =)

Nataliana

Post by Nataliana » March 24th, 2014, 6:19 am

Quick bump for this topic. It looks like we have 5-6 that have expressed interest so far, either here or directly in-game. I think we're going to settle on setting the raid times for Friday @ 9:30 ST. As I don't really want this to take away from other obligations that people volunteering for this group may have, we'll limit it to just one night a week, and hopefully we can knock this achievement out in 3 weeks. After that, I'd be interested in having a group for challenge modes, something else people have been interested in doing, due to their upcoming removal from the game.

As it stands now, we need a couple more healers, and a couple solid dps types. A rogue or frost/unholy death knight would be welcome, as well as a hunter, mage, boomkin, or shadow priest. For healers, we have Wonk on his Shaman, and I'm trying to talk this bubble priest I know into joining us. I'd like to see diversity in this raid group to cover all possible buffs and provide utility abilities.

I've decided that I'm probably going to end up tanking, as that is a hard spot to fill, so I'm working on getting a bit more gear for my new pally. 2 weeks in, and she's at 512. Ordos and the Celestials were stingy this past week, and nothing much impressive came from Siege LFR. Hoping for a drop or two after the reset tomorrow.

Nataliana

Post by Nataliana » March 27th, 2014, 7:20 am

Bump again! Updated the top post with people that said they'd be in, with their character names, classes, and roles. Looking for one more healer, as well as a couple alternates. Once we have all the spots filled in, I'll start sending messages out and seeing if we can get this going next Friday night.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » March 27th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Nataliana I sent you a PM since i might not catch you tonight.

Nataliana

Post by Nataliana » March 27th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Ravnhawk, got your message, thank you.

Event has been created on the PP calendar, invites have gone out to all the characters listed in the first post. Let's gooooo!

(Also, we're still looking for one more healer and another back-up person or 2 or 3. Message me here or in game!)

Ravnhawk
MVP

Post by Ravnhawk » March 27th, 2014, 5:18 pm

I also got an invite on the WCP calendar or was that PP and an invite? LOL I'll get over there if I can get an invite today.

Nataliana

Post by Nataliana » March 28th, 2014, 1:42 pm

I did invites from the PP calendar directly to the characters, so it'll show for you regardless of the guild you're currently in. ;)

Kymuri
Top Rater
Pet Score:13069
BattleTag®:Kymuri#2738
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Kymuri » March 31st, 2014, 8:45 pm

535 ilvl Holy Paladin

I would very much like to be considered as a participant for these Fri night runs. I was a member of the late-start raid team last night, and had an awesome time. I have extensive raiding experience at both the semi-casual and hardcore level dating back to when Karazhan was killing the 40 man raiding guilds. I played in Vanilla, however; I didn't fall in love with raiding until TBC. Raiding and healing are two of my favorite things and I would love to help earn some achievements for our players and guilds. :)

Nataliana

Post by Nataliana » April 3rd, 2014, 9:48 pm

Added you to the invite list, Kymuri.

Nataliana

Post by Nataliana » April 3rd, 2014, 10:57 pm

So, bad news, followed by some good news.

Bad news, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel the raid for tomorrow night, 4/4. Reason, we just "upgraded" our internet at home from DSL (6mbps) to cable (25mbps) on Tuesday. Since then, my wife has complained that her shows were freezing up (via Hulu), and I've noticed considerable worse latency in WoW, to the point that running any group content was unplayable (1800ms in lfr), and just sitting at the shrine is barely tolerable (500ms). To that end, raiding with a new group, in content at least half of us has not seen before, while dealing with 5-6 second lag will only result in lots of wipes, and me possible breaking something in frustration. So, with humble apologies, the raid is cancelled.

Good news! I have AT&T coming out on Saturday 4/5 to install new DSL (18mbps), with basic cable included, and it's only going to cost us $6 more a month than the cable was going to. It may not be as big a number for the speed, but I know for a fact that the DSL was stable, and was reliable with latency floating around 100ms. I'll be online Saturday afternoon or evening to test it out, and hopefully be able to run a raid or something to ensure it plays well. I have already created the raid calendar event for next Friday night, same time, and sent out invites.

Some other factors that I won't go into actually make pushing the raid a week a good decision, due to some other player's situations, which should all be not an issue next week. I probably won't be online at all tomorrow night, so if someone could pass the info around to those that don't visit the forum before raid time, I'd appreciate it. I will be online during the day tomorrow, until about 3pm ST.

Thank you for the patience and understanding.

Ravnhawk
MVP

Post by Ravnhawk » April 4th, 2014, 12:14 am

No worries. See you next week same bat time same bat station.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » April 4th, 2014, 2:41 pm

I'd be game for this as well.

Taidgh - 538 Guardian Druid - already a part of MM.
Omanu - currently a 518 Resto Shaman - member of PP. Running him through LFRs for upgrades right now, actually.

I know both classes and roles very well, been playing them for many years now. Lol. So should you need a spot filled, happy to help.

Dezdemona
Pet Score:4665
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Dezdemona » April 24th, 2014, 4:39 pm

I will not be available for this Friday's raid.