(US Horde Madoran) Member hosted pet tourney guidelines.

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us
(US Horde Madoran) Member hosted pet tourney guidelines.

Post by Bloodyfields » March 5th, 2014, 8:59 pm

We welcome all members to come up with ideas for and hosting pet battle tourneys. Should you have a fun idea, are willing to host the event and perhaps even offer a special pet or two for the winners or even just a fun event with no prizes please feel free to do so. This would be so totally in keeping the the guild camaraderie that we try to promote amongst our sister guilds. Please keep in mind that the guild calendar has a number of ongoing events, such as Lady Tizril's guild sanctioned tourneys, Lady Brandmooin's raid group, Lady Dezdemona's raid group as well as Lord Nataliana's Pet Peeves achievements raid group. With so many members in the sister guilds this most likely will not be a conflict. We ask that you plan your event accordingly so as to ensure the success of your event.

The following guidelines apply only to guild sanctioned tourneys that require the presence of officers and are offering prizes from the guild bank contest tabs.In doing so we recommend you try to adhere to the following:

Present your idea to all guild leaders prior to posting. Have a clear concept especially for date and time. Please do not assume that your chosen date and time is convenient or that a guild leader is obligated to be present unless it has been arranged in advance. Depending on date and time a guild leader may have to make arrangements to designate an officer for accessing guild contest tab for rewards. If the guild leader or his officers can not make the specified date/time other arrangements for rewards may have to be made. Due to real life commitments, mid week tourneys are about impossible to do.

When posting your thread please use a format that presents your tourney in a clear manner.

Who; A specific guild, all guilds, all members, lvl 10s so they can join a raid group etc. Have arrangements been made for a summons for low level members.
What; The general theme for your tourney and allowable pets.
When; The Date and time for your tourney. Please use server time and state that. IE: 7:00 pm server.
Where; If a location has been chosen if not please state so. Then be sure to update your thread well in advance of the tourney with your preferred location.

Be sure to post on all guild calendars or make arrangements to have someone do so for you.
Following these tried and true guidelines will help ensure that your tourney is successful and more enjoyable for all.

*edited to clarify the distinction between guild sanctioned tourneys and member hosted fun tourneys.
Last edited by Bloodyfields on April 8th, 2014, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Re: (US Horde Madoran) Member hosted pet tourney guidelines.

Post by Doobjanka » April 3rd, 2014, 5:24 pm

If a member has a pet they want to give out with a quick contest, the rules don't apply. These guidelines are only for contests that require an officer to pass out prizes from the guild banks for all participants.

Any member can host an event at any time with their own prizes without needing to clear it with anyone.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152

Post by Bloodyfields » April 3rd, 2014, 9:18 pm

Brandmooin wrote:Hi Bloody!
There is some interest in pet tournaments with no prizes, just for fun. Perhaps we (Doob, Tiz, you and me) can work out a framework for this? We would need to make it easy for whoever is doing them to do their own pairings, since Tiz can't always be there at the drop of a hat, but since they would not need prizes, so they could run them pretty independently.
Best,
Zuljia
M'lady Zuljia,
I edited the above to try to clarify. As always any recommendations on improving the wording of threads such as this are always welcome.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Moravec
MVP
Pet Score:4613
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Moravec » September 8th, 2014, 4:52 pm

i'd be willing to occasionally donate something for tournament prizes. i haven't looked at the bank...can i just drop them in there or do i hit up an officer?

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » September 9th, 2014, 6:26 am

Moravec wrote:i'd be willing to occasionally donate something for tournament prizes. i haven't looked at the bank...can i just drop them in there or do i hit up an officer?
We have a new tournament guild now, Littlest Pet League, all the prize pets have been moved to it to make the tournaments easier. That is the bank you would need to look at and the guild you will need a level 10+ alt in to participate in future tournaments. If you don't have an alt there yet I think any member can invite, if no one is on ask in Guild chat there might be someone on with an alt who could help you.

I don't know if you can put the donations in the bank yourself but you can mail them to Tizril & she will take care of them. A note that that is what they are for wouldn't hurt. :D

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624

Post by Tizril » September 9th, 2014, 6:45 am

Petzy wrote:
Moravec wrote:i'd be willing to occasionally donate something for tournament prizes. i haven't looked at the bank...can i just drop them in there or do i hit up an officer?
We have a new tournament guild now, Littlest Pet League, all the prize pets have been moved to it to make the tournaments easier. That is the bank you would need to look at and the guild you will need a level 10+ alt in to participate in future tournaments. If you don't have an alt there yet I think any member can invite, if no one is on ask in Guild chat there might be someone on with an alt who could help you.

I don't know if you can put the donations in the bank yourself but you can mail them to Tizril & she will take care of them. A note that that is what they are for wouldn't hurt. :D
We do have a deposit tab in <Littlest Pet League>, it's the one with the fishy :)

Moravec
MVP
Pet Score:4613
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Moravec » September 11th, 2014, 11:43 am

cool. i'll put a pet or two in this weekend. also, i'd be willing to do something like turn someone's tradeable pet blue (i have extra stones of every type) as a prize in a tournament...but i know that requires some trust. let me know (i'm jawaharlal in LPL) if you're interested in having me contribute in that way.